What did you shoot today?

Shot 37/44-81 from the tips at River Valley Ranch (73.5/135). Such a frustrating round. Had my best day off the tee in a long time (12/14 FIR), but could not get my ball in the hole. I missed so many putts I normally dont and hit some atrocious lag putts that resulted in automatic 3 putts. Was still only +3 with 4 holes to play but started blocking the ball with my irons and my round went straight down the tubes.

Golf is hard.

49 in league last night, as a high capper it's painful to say that it was a bad sub 50 nine holes but it really was. I came out hot and parred the first three holes including a par 5 where I left my third shot 20' right of the pin on the back shelf (something I never accomplish). I then went 8 over on the next three with some poor shots, bogeyed seven with a great chip leaving a foot to the hole, an absolute tragedy on the par three 8th and then parred the par 5 tenth. It felt soooooo close to going low. Such is life and it does give me hope that I'm closing in on some good golf.

37 - 38 - 75. So much for the roll out we were finally getting over the past week. A lot of rain last night on what may be the worst draining course in history and a bunch more expected tonight and tomorrow. 1 birdie, 13 pars and 4 bogeys. The short game was once again the rock star as the ball striking was definitely not on today.

US Senior Am qualifier today. Score posted was an 81 with a 2 stroke penalty for playing the wrong tee box. At least 3 groups did it on the second hole we played. It was kind of a **** show. It turns out there was a women’s qualifier going out after the men. They had 2 sets of USGA tee markers out and the starter failed to mention that. We played our first hole and walked to the next tee box and the guy with the honor put a peg in the ground and teed off. It seemed a bit strange because it made it a short par 5. I had never played the course before so I didn’t think much of it until an official comes up and asks us which tees we played from. We had to go back and replay the hole.

The starter should have told us that there were two sets of markers out there. I have played a bunch of this stuff and never ever seen this before. At the end of the day it didn’t make a difference as I shot 81 including the penalty and 73 played off for the last spot.

This was a much better day than yesterday but still not great. I shot 44-37 or it should have been 42-37. I opened missing a 5 footer for par it was a bit of a slider and didn’t commit to it. I rebounded with a par that turned into a double, made a bogey on a tough hole that I got blocked out a bit off the tee then pulled a drive out of bounds. I should have hit a 3W. So I am plus 6 through 4. I made a couple of pars then 3 sloppy bogeys. Back was a bit better with 7 pars and two bogeys. I had a couple of looks at birdie and just never put a real good roll on anything.

I need more reps to be fully comfortable trusting my game in these things. I had a few stretches with good swings but still a bit of doubt. This is only the third event I have played in probably 15 years. It is just different golf than even a a full medal play event at my home course. I have one more event in two weeks hopefully I play well in that.

US Senior Am qualifier today. Score posted was an 81 with a 2 stroke penalty for playing the wrong tee box. At least 3 groups did it on the second hole we played. It was kind of a **** show. It turns out there was a women’s qualifier going out after the men. They had 2 sets of USGA tee markers out and the starter failed to mention that. We played our first hole and walked to the next tee box and the guy with the honor put a peg in the ground and teed off. It seemed a bit strange because it made it a short par 5. I had never played the course before so I didn’t think much of it until an official comes up and asks us which tees we played from. We had to go back and replay the hole.

The starter should have told us that there were two sets of markers out there. I have played a bunch of this stuff and never ever seen this before. At the end of the day it didn’t make a difference as I shot 81 including the penalty and 73 played off for the last spot.

This was a much better day than yesterday but still not great. I shot 44-37 or it should have been 42-37. I opened missing a 5 footer for par it was a bit of a slider and didn’t commit to it. I rebounded with a par that turned into a double, made a bogey on a tough hole that I got blocked out a bit off the tee then pulled a drive out of bounds. I should have hit a 3W. So I am plus 6 through 4. I made a couple of pars then 3 sloppy bogeys. Back was a bit better with 7 pars and two bogeys. I had a couple of looks at birdie and just never put a real good roll on anything.

I need more reps to be fully comfortable trusting my game in these things. I had a few stretches with good swings but still a bit of doubt. This is only the third event I have played in probably 15 years. It is just different golf than even a a full medal play event at my home course. I have one more event in two weeks hopefully I play well in that.
Took the words (what a **** show!) right out of my mouth at the beginning of that. I mean wtf? Not well run if that was happening because it wasn't mentioned or marked well enough.

41-37 > 78 from the old coot tees. Decent putting day, but left several putts just short.

51-45 for a somewhat disappointing 96. Normally when I have bad rounds, the issues are spread throughout many holes, but today it was two TB's and one QB (ugh) that totally did me in on the front nine. To be even more specific, on those three holes I was hitting out of bunkers far too much and it cost me dearly.

That said, outside of those three holes I played pretty well (for me, anyway). Driver continues to be a surprising source of strength most of the time - my first shot of the entire day was probably my longest drive ever (about 280 yards) and straight down the middle. Chipping has also somewhat improved. Ultimately I still had fun today, which is really all that matters!

greens were shaggy and slow tonight, couldn't figure them out. played pretty well after taking over a week off. 2 major mental mistakes off the tee on 12 and 17 cost me big time.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 8.35.37 PM.png

Took the words (what a **** show!) right out of my mouth at the beginning of that. I mean wtf? Not well run if that was happening because it wasn't mentioned or marked well enough.

Agreed. When we reviewed out scores I told the official it was ********. He asked what they should have done I suggested maybe not put both set of tees out before the men or at least mentioned that there was another set of tees. How was I supposed to know there was a women’s qualifier after ours. I just hope it didn’t cost anyone a slot in the event.

Rollercoaster 9 holes.
3 birdies/4bogeys/2doubles including a penalty stroke for another guy picking up my ball.

Left 4 putts on the edge of the hole.

2 flat out duffs.

1 60 foot birdie putt.

1 VERY necessary alcoholic beverage post round...

Played 9 with the kiddo and wife tonight.
Made two bogeys and one birdie to finish at +1.

Some horrible bad chips because greens here are different haha.
Some great putts that nearly dropped.
My last drive went dead nuts straight down the middle and I squealed.
The c721 3 iron is STUPID.

39 before league. Lots of fairways and greens tonight.

Pretty disappointed today, but really nothing we could do about it. Played TPC Sawgrass and on the 10th hole the skies opened up. We ended up getting through 11 holes but then they closed the course due to the amount of water. No rain check or even with begging to come back and finish in the morning. Pretty sh***y if you ask me…oh well. You really play The Stadium course for 16, 17, & 18.

Started the day off with a Par on 1. I almost rolled in a 30’ for birdie…just one rotation short. My volunteer skills on #1 green paid off. Ended up shooting 42 on the front from the Blue tees playing at 6647yds. Went par/par on 10 & 11.

0E300B2C-F804-47F5-9739-7A240B590BC7.jpeg
28ED84FE-8DAA-48CF-AF7C-00A1D68F82CB.jpeg7DC7A3E2-F114-49BD-AECF-1455476CE01C.jpeg

44 in my twilight league 9. I played really well and easily could have shot a 40-41. Lipped out a 4 footer for par on the first hole and then went double/double on 7 and 8 and had two flubbed chips. Also missed a pretty straight 8 footer for par on 9.

40 in league with a triple. 6/9 GIR. One birdie. For the triple I chunked a sand wedge into a pond in front of the green. I needed to land the ball about 5 yards further. I hit another and ended up in the long grass on the pond bank. Just poor decision making. Go a little longer and give myself a putt would be a smarter play, but I was feeling greedy at that point. This is my game lately. The pieces are all there if I just get my brain out of the way. Putting is improving, although I did have 2 3-putts, each for bogey. One was a 2.5 footer that I pulled. Sheesh. Another I can live with. Longer putt up and down right to left over a ridge. I didn't hit it hard enough and stopped on top of the ridge. Partner had a similar putt and rolled past 15 feet. Hard putt. I may jump out for 18 today. I looked at my calendar and have a rare open day.

Good news with league. We are in first place, 7 points ahead, and finish next week with one of the two teams tied for second. (y) Team we play consists of 2 playing buddies, and I have already started the trash talking.:cool:

Pretty disappointed today, but really nothing we could do about it. Played TPC Sawgrass and on the 10th hole the skies opened up. We ended up getting through 11 holes but then they closed the course due to the amount of water. No rain check or even with begging to come back and finish in the morning. Pretty sh***y if you ask me…oh well. You really play The Stadium course for 16, 17, & 18.

Started the day off with a Par on 1. I almost rolled in a 30’ for birdie…just one rotation short. My volunteer skills on #1 green paid off. Ended up shooting 42 on the front from the Blue tees playing at 6647yds. Went par/par on 10 & 11.

View attachment 9020347
View attachment 9020348View attachment 9020349

Did they at least refund the cost of the holes you didn’t get to play?

40 in league with a triple. 6/9 GIR. One birdie. For the triple I chunked a sand wedge into a pond in front of the green. I needed to land the ball about 5 yards further. I hit another and ended up in the long grass on the pond bank. Just poor decision making. Go a little longer and give myself a putt would be a smarter play, but I was feeling greedy at that point. This is my game lately. The pieces are all there if I just get my brain out of the way. Putting is improving, although I did have 2 3-putts, each for bogey. One was a 2.5 footer that I pulled. Sheesh. Another I can live with. Longer putt up and down right to left over a ridge. I didn't hit it hard enough and stopped on top of the ridge. Partner had a similar putt and rolled past 15 feet. Hard putt. I may jump out for 18 today. I looked at my calendar and have a rare open day.

Good news with league. We are in first place, 7 points ahead, and finish next week with one of the two teams tied for second. (y) Team we play consists of 2 playing buddies, and I have already started the trash talking.:cool:

Sounds like the irons are pretty dialed in for you.
Those are the worst when that happens.

Sounds like the irons are pretty dialed in for you.
Those are the worst when that happens.

ZX7 irons are great for me. I am not quite getting distances I would expect with the short irons but the control is fantastic. Crushing the long irons. right now my biggest issue is letting expectations tense me up and/or making stupidest ever shot decisions. Haha. Darn golf. I am having a blast.

They did but at that point everyone was a bit salty.

I don’t blame you I would be too and that’s BS in my opinion but with the demand to get out there I’m not surprised. I thought about forking the money out to try and play there once but couldn’t bring myself to do that.

First round of vacation in Williamsburg under way. Played with my wife, father in law, and sister in law. After 4/5 holes of subpar (really sub par) play, I finally found a groove and was able to put some balls in play and play fairly well. I have a newish ping driver that I couldn’t hit it if I wanted to in the beginning. I dropped that for a fairway wood and was able to keep the ball in the playable areas. Couldnt hit an iron to save anything if I wanted to. Short game was actually pretty solid. Finally tried the driver again and actually hit it very well at the end. Par’d the 16/17th and had probably my best hole of my life on the 18th. Awesome drive down the middle, pitch on the green with my 60 degree, and a good 10 ft putt for my first birdie in god knows how long.
Anyone else have that change with a club? I can’t hit it at all, quit using it for a few holes, and then all of a sudden, hit it better than you ever had in your life.

I shot even for nine holes last night playing silly shots and dropping extra balls. Started the round with a double altering hooking my drive OB left across the road. Would have ended up +4 without the fun. My wife shot a “46” using the same strategy. Tons of fun!

37/38-75 (+5) in league last night, as per usual. I seriously shoot 75 in a different way every week lol. Birdied the first hole then didnt make another one. Wind was blowing hard in the opposite direction than usual, which made things really tough. I know Im about to make a breakthrough to the next level though. Just gotta keep grinding

Back