What did you shoot today?

45/43 = 88 (+2 net). 7/14 FW, 4/18 GIR, 35 putts. I had a bad case of the lefts off the tee, finally figured it out on the 16th - a little too late, haha.

Last edited:
It was an unremarkable 80 today. 40 on each 9 with no birdies and 9 bogeys. I hit the driver poorly in the beginning but settled down on the back. A couple of loose irons cost me bogeys from the fairway on 9, 13, 14 and 15.

It was an unbelievable day though. Mid 70s with a bit of wind in dry weather. Great day.

40/38=78 13/14 FIR 8 GIR and 32 putts. Our greens where punched on Wednesday and are actually in really good shape considering. Still managed to putt decent though. Driver was just really good today.

Shot 75 yesterday after bogeing the last two holes, +5 1/2 hour round and standing for almost 6 hours (no benches) was just exhausting and I ran out of gas at the end. Followed it up today with a 76, just a few sloppy shots here and there. Game is in pretty good place, just need to make some putts, Went back to the Chicago last Sunday and starting to get comfortable with the blade again.

44-41 today on a tough course, 136 slope rating from 6400 yds. Couldn’t get any momentum going. Mostly routine bogey golf with a handful of pars sprinkled in. Lipped out a few putts that could have been par so I guess It could have been a bit better but I just didn’t feel confident over the ball today. Missed a lot greens and my chipping wasn’t nearly good enough to hold me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
50/47 = 97...struggled to find fairways off the tee (3 OBs :() and chunked a few more chips than usual...putting was fair. couple of 3 putts...a few 1 putts. 2nd tourney in the books

I went 5 birdies 4 bogeys yesterday for a 71. About 2/3 fairways and half greens, 25 putts. Was trying to work out a sore forearm and new watch and had fun on a course I don't get to play much.

Apparently our Hills nine didn't take well to me shooting even par on Monday because today was payback. 8 over 45. Fared slightly better on the back, but still totalled out to an 86. Not bad by most standards, however not one of my better rounds.

43/43 at Torrey Pines North for a personal best 86!!! Been playing well and so pumped to break my record that I set almost a year ago. The north course just opened after being closed for 4-5 months for the us open and was in great condition and it was a beautiful day by the ocean. Days like today are why I love this game so much.

43/43 at Torrey Pines North for a personal best 86!!! Been playing well and so pumped to break my record that I set almost a year ago. The north course just opened after being closed for 4-5 months for the us open and was in great condition and it was a beautiful day by the ocean. Days like today are why I love this game so much.
Congratulations on the PB!

Nice bounceback from the 96 on Thursday with an 88 today. The fact that it was 78 degrees instead of 95 definitely helped with my energy. Putting is 100% where I need to spend my practice. Missed an eagle chip by less than 2 inches that broke my heart but all in all a fun round.
Screenshot_20210911-183106_18Birdies.jpg

New course to me yesterday and it was a big time tale of two nines. Kept putting myself in bad spots off the tee and the putter speed was all wrong on the front, then all of a sudden it clicked on the back. Averaged out to a decent round. No birdies though, had one I definitely should have made and two more decent chances, all of which I squandered.

index.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210912-085115.png
    Screenshot_20210912-085115.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 44
Nothing too remarkable lately but I did do something for the very first time. I played with my wife and son. Wifey just took up the game this summer and while my son played on his high school team, he's 24 and he too is just getting back into the game. It was truly a wonderful afternoon. On the shot in this pic, she killed it.....all 100 yards of it!

eWC0iFF.jpg

Shot even par 35 last night. Started bird-bird, but bogeyed #3. Made another birdie on #6 but then hit one in the trees on 7 and ended up with double. I missed two very makeable putts on 7 and 8 that could have gotten me back under par but oh well. I hit it pretty darn well all round. Im really pleased with where my game is right now. Im gunning hard to win our club championship in 2 weeks. Feeling confident

38/38=76 13/14FIR 12/18GIR and 33 putts. Front 9 was 4 bogeys and 2 birdies, back nine 7 pars and 2 bogeys.
Still making some silly mistakes but it's golf and it's fun.

A really rough 97 as I tested the recently broken toe, short game was pretty tight but full swings were rusty and tentative…. Biggest takeaway was just getting out there sucessfully.

No complaints about the company though @Kmench

Last edited:
Went out again this morning with my bride. Nice cool fall morning that has transitioned in to a spectacular afternoon. Played the tips and shot 75 (38/37). Got through the 1st 4 holes of our back 9 at even par. Those 4 holes are what we call “Amen Corner” as you are bogey golf there is a win most days. So with 5 holes left I was thinking I could go low… 1 more par 3 and 2 reachable par (‘s that should be a birdie each time…

but golf gods had a different plan for the final 4 holes in which I had to scramble for pars in each…. Good day overall.

Oh and the bride once again shot 80. She stopped using her driver off the tee and absolutely obliterates the ball with her 5 wood…. Missed an 8ft birdie putt on 18 that would have broke 80 for her first time.

Today’s round was one of those that could have been great. Started off birdie and 8 pars for a 35 on the front. Then on the par 5 10th I was on in 2 and 3 putted for a par. Then proceeded to make double and then triple before getting it back on track with a birdie. Shot a 35-40-75 but could have easily been under par if I didn’t lose my mind on those two holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game can be so frustrating. Yesterday, I stood on the 12th tee 2 under par. I had hit every green. 2 birdies and 9 pars. For the last 7 holes, I had 3 doubles and a bogey to finish with a 5 over 77.

8C795273-2C30-4579-A680-5CED2871D249.png

20210912_134355.jpg

Wife and buddy had a tough go. She stopped keeping score after a couple. The hard and fast conditions made it pretty tough for him on approach, and a little wild for me off the tee. Unpredictable bounces and rolls.

Need to get wife out once this week after work. She's had a hard time finding it again after taking a few weeks off. Maybe some range time, let her bang away and get some feels back. And maybe next round on non-lightning greens. Lol. Even took me a bit to get used to them today.

Mostly fun. Not back to quite the groove I was, and hit a few fuglies, but conditions let me just murder the course on length. Did well from weird lies and positions too. Lots of fun except for being hit into 3 times.

She's had a hard time finding it again after taking a few weeks off. Maybe some range time, let her bang away and get some feels back. .
I needed to hear that after taking a few weeks off and spraying it around the park today. Just a little small reason why this community is great.

36/39/75 on par 73. Started out with a “firm” birdie putt that moved the cup several inches:D Backed it up with a bird on 2. Longest drives I think I have ever had on 3 and 4 but couldn’t convert. Course is firming up and it was drier this morning. Birdied 8 but bogeyed 9 to finish even. Off to the Hills nine - my nemesis! Started out by duck hooking my drive into the trees but had an opening to punch out. Wedge to 8 feet and rolled it in dead centre. Maybe the Hills are starting to soften? Bogeyed 12 through14 despite monster drives but fought back on 16 with a kick-in birdie. I am officially old - now hitting driver on the 195 yard par 3 17th because the super hybrid doesn’t quite get me there. Took the right amount off today to roll about 10 feet past the pin. Lagged it close to ensure my par. Great drive on 18, layup to my target. We had a guest with us and I told him the approach always plays a half club longer. Took my own advice and flew the green but managed the up and down for par.
IIRC that’s the fourth time I’ve shot 2 over which is one shy of my PB, but I am very happy with that score.

Back