What did you shoot today?

Starting to find that feeling for sure, I can’t say enough about how beneficial the ST+ has been for my wedge game though. I’m versatile now on those 120 and in shots.

I wish I could bottle this. I’m sure I’ll shoot 84 tomorrow hahahaha
I kept telling @JB the same thing at Ballyhack. When we would get in that 40-90 range I felt comfortable knowing the swing and which club I could execute the shot. It's been a great way to unlock that part of the game.

I kept telling @JB the same thing at Ballyhack. When we would get in that 40-90 range I felt comfortable knowing the swing and which club I could execute the shot. It's been a great way to unlock that part of the game.
Exactly. It’s an area I’ve always known was a weakness, but I don’t want to sit outside at the range and work it, but put I’m in the #garagesim and let me turn on the tv too while I practice, I will work for hours.

It’s a first for me!
That's a big accomplishment. I've had two even par rounds back to back that were about 4 days apart but never two under par. I think my few under par rounds have been book marked by 80's. :ROFLMAO:

Exactly. It’s an area I’ve always known was a weakness, but I don’t want to sit outside at the range and work it, but put I’m in the #garagesim and let me turn on the tv too while I practice, I will work for hours.
yup. I actually can't wait to get back to practice...probably next week.

Played 9 holes yesterday, late evening. Sun is behind the mountain now around 7:40 pm. Course is staying open later.

Didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Used my preshot routine on every shot, while keep my easy swing tempo/timing/rhythm. (whatever?) I did add a couple of practice swings prior to the start of my preshot routine.

No one was behind me, so pace of play was never an issue. Just took my time. Still was wellunder 2 hours.

I played my e6 Bridgestone gamer. Added another 9 holes to my running total of 99 holes, and not losing a ball. Pretty sure this is a PB for me.

Shot a 44, with 18 putts. . My putting was off a little. Missed a few I should've made. I was using my short putter. Thinking about it later, a lot of my previous putting practice has been with my broom stick putter. I know better than to practice with one club, then play with another. .

Off the tee game was decent. Hit some fairways, while my misses were not that bad. My new grip, and swing has given me renewed confidence using the 10.5.

I did hit a 8* Callaway Warbird. Pick it up yesterday because it had the same shaft as my gamer. Pushed a low 200 yard drive with it.

Middle game, and par 3s were a bit iffy in spots. Horizontal. dispersion could've been better. The two fatties I hit cost me.

Had a good time hitting the new to me Carbite 7w. Every shot I hit with it, did what I needed it to do. Im thinking the offset might be a plus to my swing. Im still keeping my fingers crossed on this club.

All in all it was just a fun easy round of golf.

Might try 18 holes later today. Need to see where I am with my knee issue. 9 holes is no biggie.

Last night I shot a 38 on the front nine, finishing with three straight bogeys. Birdied 2 and 3 after some bad shots ended up ok. Very ugly for two over.

Played just 9 today. Fairways are baked cause we got an inch of rain last month, and they just can’t keep it watered enough right now. Aka, fairways are awesome and the greens are :(

Nothing like having 175 into a par 5 and then sending that %*%*#^ dead left into a hazard for double

96, a new PB! I’ve been trying to break 100 for the past few years and finally did it.

Limiting mistakes and keeping a positive mindset did it today.

Played my first 18 hole round in about 7 months yesterday. Played three or four 9 hole rounds since then. Was playing with 3 guys I knew from my working at the course but never have played with them before.

Greatly exceeded my expectations with a 40 - 37 - 77. 1 birdie, 12 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double. As with before I quit playing regularly about a year ago, my short game greatly drove the score. Hit some pretty solid shots but hit very few greens and fairways. May of those misses were just off the fairway or on the fringe. My home course has narrow fairways and small greens so my percentages on both of those metrics are never great, even when I am playing a lot and my game is on. Although I was admittedly fatigued coming down the stretch, it felt great to get back out there and showed me my game had not slipped near as much as I was expecting it to.

96, a new PB! I’ve been trying to break 100 for the past few years and finally did it.

Limiting mistakes and keeping a positive mindset did it today.
Congrats on breaking that 100 barrier 👍🏼

41 / 40 - 81. Driver worked very well today. No doubles, first time in awhile

Highlight was making birdie on 12 from Augusta

Won $15 on our Nassau 😎

IMG_6928.jpeg

Last edited:
Hit 71% of my fairways but only 28% GIR, accompanied by a miserable short game for a stunning 89. 1715368713137.png

First round in a month and shot 53/46 yesterday. It was the most frustrating ballstriking round I think I've ever had. 0 GIR...and that's not a typo. Even had a 321 yard drive on a 346 yard par 4 and missed the green long. On the flipside, I only had 32 putts. Even sank a 30' right to left putt to save par on 18 for my 99. Hit a new milestone on my garmin after that round. I'm at a level 0 strokes gained putting. First time all year I'm not losing strokes to a similar handicap. In need of several range sessions to get my iron play in better shape.

107 today. 52/55. Not great, but far from my worst day.

Muddy, and cold - this one was rough at times. Add in “plinko” punched/sanded greens and it was tough today. I left about 6 putts an inch from the cup after it would hit a punch or a larger piece of sand and abruptly stop or roll over a new direction. Missed quite a few fairways today too, that for sure didn’t help me.

48 for 9 with my wife...great day on the course!

Annoyed at some topped shots, but work on weight transfer has helped. Shot a 42 during my league on Thursday, and an 88 today. Almost had the CTTP during my league, but the win was hitting a dart with an iron. Today was a lot of everything and the 20 mph + rain was not the issue. I had 3 blow ups with two 7's and an 8, but did show signs of good golf on the back with a 42 (this included the 8). Better putting, too.

More work to be done, but having a bunch of blow ups, but breaking 90 is a good thing.

88 today. 43/45.

That included a triple and a quad. My short game fell apart on a few holes and I had a few lost balls.

Sunk a few solid putts and had some good wedges in from 80-125. The home simulator work showed up a little today.

First 9 holes of the season and damn have green fees gone up. Three years ago it cost $38 for 18 holes w/ a cart for Senior Rate. Today it was $42 for 9 holes Senior rate with a cart. That's ******* bonkers. I guess this is one way to discourage people from playing and open tee times.

Oh, I did manage to break 50 with a 49. I had expected to shoot 55 since I've only been to the driving range once and my putting wasn't sharp.

42/40 tonight. Things are slowly coming together, and I putted really well tonight, saving a few possible big numbers from being so penal.

Back