What do animals think?

bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
This came to me this morning. I was getting ready to leave for work and I was sitting on the couch tying my shoes. My dog is standing right in front of me just staring at my hands and shoe laces. She's just kind of looking at me like "I wish I could do that." I wonder what she was really thinking. It was probably more likely "Alright I get to go outside!" She knows that when I leave for work it's her last chance to go outside for a while. Then there are times that I will be sitting on the bed doing nothing and my dog will just stare at me and sometimes she will wag her tail. Dogs are funny creatures. Very complex sometimes too.

Just a random thought.

Spoiler
Can you tell I'm bored at work? :alien2:

Do you think dogs bark in English or Bark?

Actually I think it's Spanish. Either way I still can't understand what she wants but she understands "Go potty" and really gets excited when I ask so I guess that's what she's always saying.

Some say dogs can learn 200 words or phrases. I know our's knows close to that now. Everything from "go for a ride" to "cross the street" and she knows. Damn smart thing.

Some say dogs can learn 200 words or phrases. I know our's knows close to that now. Everything from "go for a ride" to "cross the street" and she knows. Damn smart thing.

Sometimes I think mine is too smart for her own good.

Was it on this forum that Harry said his (late, sadly enough) dog was convinced that he too was a dog? So maybe Harry would know.

I believe dogs always thing they are either a person, or that their people are also dogs. I babysat for a family, and we'd sit down at the table to discuss things...the dog would sit in an empty chair and go "wrow wrow wrow" and "talk" along with us. But Winston will crouch and pounce and play like we're all dogs too. So you get both.

I have always been under the impression that dogs do not have a strong sense of time perception. When I leave for work my dog makes me feel so guilty... but 2 hours or 10 they don't really know whats going on. Other than having to use the bathroom and what not..

Our dogs don't make us feel guilty for leaving during the day; they almost push us out the door because they know they are getting a treat! When I leave for work in the morning, they are asleep again after eating their breakfast.

Our dogs don't make us feel guilty for leaving during the day; they almost push us out the door because they know they are getting a treat! When I leave for work in the morning, they are asleep again after eating their breakfast.

Mine's the same way. She wants her treat and wants to be able to go back to sleep.

Josh says Winston gets depressed and sleeps when I'm gone to work (about 4 hours each day) so he wakes up with energy to play when I come home. The weekends are always funny, he gets groggy and confused around 2 pm since I haven't left, but he fights it so much and usually ends up crashing anyway. I think they do have sense of time.

Funny, I'm actually reading a book in english right now called "Animal Farm" all the animals talk and have human traits. They rebel and take over the farm from their neglectant owner. A good short read.

Funny, I'm actually reading a book in english right now called "Animal Farm" all the animals talk and have human traits. They rebel and take over the farm from their neglectant owner. A good short read.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. :pig:

Haha so you've read it.

"Don't Drink Alcohol..in excess."

Sweetie, everyone has read it. Along with A Separate Peace, Lord of the Flies, The Great Gatsby, and all that other stuff on your reading list.

Sweetie, everyone has read it. Along with A Separate Peace, Lord of the Flies, The Great Gatsby, and all that other stuff on your reading list.

I missed those three books Claire. I'm trying to think of the books we read. I know we read Of Mice and Men, Mutant from Down Under, I believe was the name of the book. It was based in the Australian outback. This lady travels with the Aboriginese (sp?). It was a pretty good book.

We also read Animal Farm.

That was the very first production I ever did! Oh the memories! I was Squealer. (Fitting?)

You do know it's about Communism, right?

Animalism is a complicated business
in(memory blank)able equality is
unrealistic, lalalalala
Our system's successful though with certain contradictions
The proof is in the pudding, let me quote you statistics...

Last edited:

standard high school reading. its all about the Bolshevik revolution, and the head pig, Napoleon, is actually Stalin. the animals overthrow the humans on the farm, to create a better society for themselves, but corruption and greed eventually make it just as bad as before.

"four legs good, two legs bad". haha!

the saddest character is the horse, who buys into the new world they've created. literally works himself to death, for nothing. i can't remember exactly what happened, did he get hauled off to the glue factory?

the saddest character is the horse, who buys into the new world they've created. literally works himself to death, for nothing. i can't remember exactly what happened, did he get hauled off to the glue factory?

Boxer?...

Spoiler
Napoleon sold him. (I'm worried maybe Dent hasn't finished the book yet.)

Don't forget The Great Gatsby.

Don't forget The Great Gatsby.

I hadn't--you ARE under the weather, aren't you?

A gal I know fairly well teaches high school English. The reading list hasn't changed much since I was back there, doing it on papyrus scrolls.

Yes Julie I know its about communism. Orwell would have been killed if he had written that Satirical book about the Russian government in that day. So instead he wrote it in the form of animals directing it towards the Russian Government.

I love boxer! He is my favourite character. Thanks for clearing that up for me Julie, I thought he was taken away to be slaughtered.

I have finished the book.

Yes Julie I know its about communism. Orwell would have been killed if he had written that Satirical book about the Russian government in that day. So instead he wrote it in the form of animals directing it towards the Russian Government.

Don't be offended - I didn't know it was about communism until the cast party the night of the last show. (In my defense, I was 11.)

I love boxer! He is my favourite character. Thanks for clearing that up for me Julie, I thought he was taken away to be slaughtered.

I do think that's what they insinuated. It's more the principle of the leader *capitalizing* (irony) on the hard work of, which in the animal setting would mean slaughtering, the strongest.

(I'm still partial to Squealer. He's the original Jeremy Pivens for me. :pig:)

Don't be offended - I didn't know it was about communism until the cast party the night of the last show. (In my defense, I was 11.)

I do think that's what they insinuated. It's more the principle of the leader *capitalizing* (irony) on the hard work of, which in the animal setting would mean slaughtering, the strongest.

(I'm still partial to Squealer. He's the original Jeremy Pivens for me. :pig:)

Oh I wasn't at all, sorry If I put it that way. Now that I read it it does sound that way.

Back