What do you do with your clubs when traveling?

Mine come up to the room and sit comfortably between my wife & I in the bed. Ok, maybe not that last part, but I sure as heck hate leaving them in a car.

I usually bring my clubs up to the hotel with me. Normally when I travel, and it’s by plane, I’m heading to the course straight from the airport; and that golf bag is always disheveled for that first round. And I like to reorganize and get it all set up each night.

This. I seem to fly in the night before so I'll bring the bag in and put it back together in the room instead of trying to hurry at the course, especially if I want to catch up with old friends and meet new friends at THP events.

Keep them in the room

When they stay in the car i lock the trunk

Unless the area we are staying in is really sketchy I leave them in the car. If I am travelling and staying in a place where I am that concerned about having my car broken into and clubs stolen I probably wouldn't stay there again.

I also leave my clubs in my car all the time in West Oakland, but I drive a 6 year old Chevy and have dark tinted windows. Most cars that get broken into in my neighborhood are Audi/lexus/BMW/etc and have things worth stealing that are easier to carry/flip for cash than golf clubs.

Mine come up to the room and sit comfortably between my wife & I in the bed. Ok, maybe not that last part, but I sure as heck hate leaving them in a car.

Gotta snuggle the sticks...

Never thought about doing anything but bringing them inside with me. It’s worth it to me for the extra work

I normally leave them in the trunk or at the golf course if I’m playing multiple days. I’ve mostly played irons that nobody would want to steal and my woods have unmatched headcovers from brands that nobody wants like Tour Edge or Adams. It’s never been a worry for me that they might get stolen.

I've done both. It depends on a number of factors. What does the parking and the neighborhood look like? Can the clubs be seen or are they in a sealed trunk? Do the clubs need to be cleaned? What is the temperature in the parking area like? Does the parking have surveillance cameras? Does the hotel have cameras in the hallways?

In the room, in the house. Always.

I've only taken my clubs with me on vacation once, last year, to Antigua. I bought a travel bag, stuffed the clubs in, along with a "rod" to protect them from being crushed, and lumbered through the airports with them. It was a pain in the neck, but I don't see any reasonable alternative. I'll be doing it again this Spring.

Where do you play in Antigua?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They come up to the room with me (in fact, last week both in Dallas & Houston).

It's not that hard (I have a Clubglider travel bag), it's easy to organize the bag/clean clubs and why have a nagging worry in the back of your mind.

What do you do with your clubs when you're traveling and staying at a hotel whether for a THP event or just travel. Do you leave your clubs in the car? Bring them up to the room? I have seen guys do both so just curious. If you do bring them up to the room is it because you don't feel that they are safe in the car?

We (dthogey, jaymo, bmongi, and I) got lucky at the THP Championship in AZ in September. We played 18 as soon as we arrived Thursday, then we arranged for the first (maybe 2nd) tee time the next morning. Since we were there late on Thursday and planning to play first thing on Friday, they offered to keep them for us with the cart so it'd be set up in the morning and we wouldn't have to drag them around. Since that worked so well from Thursday to Friday, we decided to leave them there after our round on Friday, too. After our 27 holes on Saturday, we figured it was almost closing time and they'd handled them well the first two days so we just left them again. From the time we dropped them off for our Thursday afternoon round, we never loaded/unloaded them again until the event was in the books Sunday afternoon. It was great.

I'm sure that's not the norm, though, and I would definitely be dragging mine to the room with me. No way I'd leave them in a vehicle overnight.

I leave mine in the car. May bring a putter and wedge in though if I feel like doing some indoor putting or chipping.

If I did that, I'd end up at the course without my putter and/or wedge.

If I have a trunk and clubs are hidden, I will leave in car but if in an SUV or Van, generally will take up to room. Always park if possible close to entrance in well lit area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take them to the room. Even when a hotel offers to keep them in their locker, I say, "Thanks, but I've got to clean them up."

Where do you play in Antigua?

Cedar Valley I think. Jolly Harbor is closer to where we stay, but my BIL, whose vacation home we stay in, says that Cedar Valley is the better of the two.

Played Cedar Valley a couple of times, it would be considered a goat track here I Florida but it is pretty interesting with some difficulty on a few holes. Much better than no golf for sure.

Last edited:
9 times out of 10 these days when I’m traveling I just use Uber to get around so I don’t have the option of leaving them in the car.

I’ll leave my clubs in the trunk at home (in the garage) and work.

I always take my clubs when traveling.
Where I store them depends on where I am staying, but more important, what kind of car I rented.
If it has a trunk, then I leave them in the car. If it's an suv that you can see the clubs, then they go in the room.

Played Cedar Valley a couple of times, it would be considered a goat track here I Florida but it is pretty interesting with some difficulty on a few holes. Much better than no golf for sure.

i
Agree 100%. After my first round there, my wife thought we had played in the mud! Fairways were dirt, with MINIMAL grass sprouts. But it was golf, and we enjoyed smoking a few Cuban cigars each round.

Clubs always go in the house/room with me. Partly because I don't want to leave them in heat/cold and partly because I tend to uber/lyft on trips now vs getting a car.

We brush the snow off (just kidding) put head covers on all the clubs, pack them into the bag and stuff them into the 5th wheels basement. Then once we get to Florida I take them out, clean them up and reattach the carts. Then we drag them through the dormant grass and b*tch about the sun and heat ?!

Back