What do you do with your clubs when traveling?

Into the room, never left in the car when traveling.

Different story at home, which I still hate that I leave them in the trunk.

Did some thinking and I'm about 50/50 on this. It really depends on where for me.

Always bring into hotel room. I’m way less worried about hotel staff stealing something too big to miss than a car that is parked who knows where. I AM cynical enough that if I leave the room I’ll take a picture of my clubs in there with CNN or something with date on in the background. Sadly, I trust nobody in this world except my wife.

I guess I should knock on wood....I leave my sticks in the car.

My initial response was to when traveling.

When home, sticks live in the car. But I park out front at work, and live in the boonies, so not much chance of theft.

Keep them in the room. Just peace of mind for me.

Keep them in the club glove locked in the room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it's a thp event, i'll bring them up to the room because it's fun comparing gear.

if traveling by myself or with the wife, they stay in the car.

I always opt for having them in my room... even then... reluctantly

I always take them in to my room, I have no trust that thousands of dollars of equipment will be safe in the parking lot.

Even at home I keep them in my office. My wife keeps trying to talk me in to building a locker in the garage for them but I don't trust keeping them out there.

I leave them in the vehicle.

I always take them in to my room, I have no trust that thousands of dollars of equipment will be safe in the parking lot.

Even at home I keep them in my office. My wife keeps trying to talk me in to building a locker in the garage for them but I don't trust keeping them out there.

Agreed mine are in the house at all times and if i ever travel they will be in the room with me.

King size bed with space for them

Ok kidding but I always take them in wherever I go.

I always bring my clubs up to the room when traveling. Just for piece of mind, and to dry out if I'm playing in Buffalo.

My clubs are only in the car long enough to arrive at/depart from the course. That means they go into my hotel room when traveling or into the house (not garage) when at home. The only exception is multi-day THP events where my clubs have spent the night on the cart at the course.

I always take them out of the car, whether at home or on the road. Not only can they get stolen, but Arizona heat can do really bad things to golf clubs left in the trunk!!

Clubs go with me in the place I am staying, unless told they are being stored securely. Used to leave clubs in my trunk, but all it takes is one time to create a huge hassle, and I prefer to not worry about that. Plus, hotel carpets roll pretty smooth usually!

I take them in. If staying with friends at their place, in the garage, or wherever they keep theirs.

When they leave my property they're always within my sight. I live way out in the sticks so I don't worry about them there.

my clubs are in the trunk all summer, so I'd just leave them in there. But I'm from Saskatchewan (God's country, lol), and I actually don't even lock my house. Front door yes, but side door is always open. My tenant doesn't even have a key, lol.

I never leave my clubs unattended. I don’t even like to leave them at the club unattended. It’s almost like my wallet.
If I go on a golf trip, I need my clubs so I keep them with me so they don’t disappear.
I always take them to my room! Beyond safety, I also like to clean up my clubs and reorganize my bag at the end of the day. I keep snacks, Bluetooth speaker that needs to be charged, ball markers, pitch fix tools, etc in the bag. I’m kind of OCD and like things a certain way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually bring my clubs up to the hotel with me. Normally when I travel, and it’s by plane, I’m heading to the course straight from the airport; and that golf bag is always disheveled for that first round. And I like to reorganize and get it all set up each night.

Always in the room. Never in the car. I don't even leave them in the bag room at the club. Too many instances of things going missing.....sunglasses mostly.

I rarely leave them in the car. Usually only if the rental has a proper trunk and the car is valet parked and I'm playing the next morning. At least then if they're nicked the hotel is responsible.

99% of the time I just have the bell man bring them to the room. They always offer to put them in storage, but I have never once felt comfortable with that.

I prefer them with me but I have left them in the car before.

Back