what do you hit better irons or woods/ driver?

But the term "better" is one that is only relative because our target with an iron is usually a whole lot smaller. So I think most will say (as has been the case in the responses) that driver is better but only because of the larger and generally more forgiving landing zone. Mishit by the same yardage (dispersion wise) with an iron and with the more precise target that we generally aim for with irons and we will find things seem much more detrimental towards the score. The iron miss is harder felt while the driver mishit is more easily accepted unless of course one is errant and really bad with the shot but that's the exception to my logic.

I think my woods and irons are pretty equal.

First would be my irons without a doubt. Second would be my hybrids. My woods are my least favorite.

Definitely driver for me and I have no idea why. My irons come and go but for some reason driver is constant for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A full iron swing is my best swing. Something about the confidence I have going into the ball.

Can I say putter?

If not, I'll go with driver/woods

I'm a better iron player. I'm actually pretty good with my hybrid and 3 wood, my driver brings me down though.

I'm going to have to go with the irons. That said when my driver is working is when I have the best potential to go low.

I would hope that irons are better than woods, but it depends on what my expectations are for each type of club.

I can hit them all well, but not on the same day. Irons are good for me as is the driver.

Usually driver for me. My irons are good one day and not the next. Need to continue working on that simple repeatable swing

I don't even know how to answer this right now. I've historically (whatever that means for a guy that's been playing two years) been a much better iron player. For quite a while I was absolutely useless with anything that resembled a wood in my hands.

I figured out that, for some reason, a SLDR Mini worked for me. It became my tee club, and the only wood I hit, for several months. One day it betrayed me. I fought with it for the whole front nine, then started hitting my driver on the back with pretty good success.

Since then, the first couple of holes are pretty key for me. I can always seem to hit either the mini or the driver well, but never both. If one doesn't work early then I make the switch.

I still can't hit a 3 wood or hybrid to save my soul.

If only it were that simple. 1 week, driver, 1 week irons, 1 week nothing LOL

My fairway wood and hybrid have been pretty consistent along with my wedges. Driver and irons vary.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I've never been able to hit a 1-iron.

Driver

Irons all day long for me. My skill with the driver has definitely improved and I have confidence with it, but I have way more control and sureness with an iron in my hand.

My best club is my 5H, followed by my short irons. My driver is still sketchy, though getting better. My worst club is my 4W off the deck, though I hit it fairly off of a tee, followed by my chipping inside 50 yards. Putting is probably one of my best traits

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Right now? Probably driver and woods (wood in my case). I'm murdering my driver right now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm a pretty strong iron player while my woods are typically spray and pray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today it was driver for sure 12/14 fairways, irons weren't bad but none were great

Today it was driver for sure 12/14 fairways, irons weren't bad but none were great

Very nice on the FIR %! I haven't done that in...maybe ever. Always long, rarely consistently straight.

Right now it's my driver. It's going straight.

I've pretty much decided to lighten the load and remove the FWs and HB from the bag. Hitting them usually ends in disaster. The goal is to advance the ball. If I can hit my 6 iron further than my 3 and 5 wood why should I even carry them? There are the lucky hits that happen about 1 chance in 5.

irons and driver are pretty equal in terms of control and contact, but fairway woods and hybrids are totally worse.

I'm with you on this.

Back