What Equipment Are You Seeing In Other’s Bags

At courses around here, it’s still TM and PING followed by Callaway. In youth golf TM remains king with Callaway second.

I see mostly the brands that pump out style after style and flood the market with lines of clubs.
You know the names:
Callaway
Taylor made
All the advertising works
How often do you see Ping? I dint see much, except my bag!
mizuno nope
PXG 1 time this year
Bridgestone Never
Adams not here

goes to show - Dominating the advertising, shows that the bags get stuffed

I saw and heard a lot of Ping drivers on the course today. It was noticeable because none of the clubs around here deal Ping equipment.

Only one of the guys I regularly play with is a club ho, and I've seen just about everything in his bag over the last few years - KZG, Mizuno, TM, Ping, Callaway, etc. He's currently gaming a mixed bag of Ping G410 driver, TM SIM woods, Callaway Mavrik irons, Vokey wedges and a Scotty Newport 2. Of the other guys, most are playing older clubs - a lot of Callaway, some Ping, some TM, a few leftover Nikes. One PXG guy that I know of. As far as balls, it's all over the spectrum. A couple guys play whatever they find on the course, one is exclusively a ProV1 guy, one is playing mainly CS Truvis but switches up with Vice, Z Stars, Snells or whatever else strikes his fancy at the moment.

Strangely enough, I VERY rarely look for myself. Just don't think about it while playing. Yet I'm interested to read about trends here.

I see a ton of Callaway and Taylormade.
3rd place used to be Titleist but I feel like they've started to lose their cult following to Ping. More and more Ping lately.

Strangely enough, I VERY rarely look for myself. Just don't think about it while playing. Yet I'm interested to read about trends here.
The one club ho friend is the only one I really talk clubs/gear with. Everybody else just has what they have and aren't really into all the details.

The owner of our main local shop is a big Ping guy, so if you go see him for clubs, chances are good that you're going to end up with Pings.

Seems where i play its mainly ping, mizuno and TItleist with a few TaylorMade drivers sprinkled in. Balls are 90% TItleist it seems like

Taylormade m4 and m6 are popular and Callaway... I still see a lot of ping irons G5s (blue logos) and G15s

Burners are prevalent irons.

The one club ho friend is the only one I really talk clubs/gear with. Everybody else just has what they have and aren't really into all the details.

The owner of our main local shop is a big Ping guy, so if you go see him for clubs, chances are good that you're going to end up with Pings.
That just it, though. I am a club 'ho, formerly off the hook, yet amazingly don't look.

Now, at the range (LOL, only been maybe 8x in 4+ years) or the putting green (similar, I just don't practice!), I'll notice.

But due to infrequency and lack of any witnessed pattern, I couldn't speak of trends.

Balls are easy, it's clearly Pro-V1 in the lead. I'd say the Chrome Soft is next followed by various Srixons and Bridgestones.

I can say that I've noticed Ping drivers and Epic Flash drivers and woods. But that's kind of like noticing the same car you drive on the road. Because you (meaning, "me") have it, there's a heightened sense of awareness.

The overwhelming majority of woods and irons are all Callaway, Taylormade, and Titleist.

The overwhelming majority of putters seem to be a mix of Scotty’s and Odyssey’s.

Wedges without a doubt are Vokey.

Drivers locally: Loads of Callaway this year - Lots of previous year TaylorMade
Woods/hybrids: Honestly don't pay that much attention
Irons: Callaway, Mizuno, both pretty dominant. Some P790
Wedges: Pretty mixed. Cally and Titleist tops though
Putters: I've seen almost everything out there - No real winners
Bags: Same deal, no real consistency
Balls: Still crazy Titleist, but Bridgestone and Cally are making a charge for sure. ALmost no TM

My last aging partner switched to triple track balls and triple track putter... Added epic flash woods. Callaway believer!

Back