What golf ball did you settle on for 2023?

While I occasionally play a CS Truvis or a TP5, my go to ball is a Neon Lime Vice Pro.

Srixon Z-Star XV Divide. I feel like I get the most from my best swings with it, and I like the divide alignment for putts.

ERC Soft, both OG and the new version, and 2020 Tour Response ( I had 3 dz to start the year ).
Pretty set on these, although I picked up some Maxlfi Tours today to try out.

Pro V1, so far.

OnCore Elixr 22 is just that much more firm than the previous version.

Might be picking up a dozen tp5x balls based off what I am seeing in the sim.

Z-Star and ProV1 mostly but also have some G CSX-LS to use as well.

CSX triple track. Gives me the spin I need with the alignment that I trust.

I still have a couple dozen Tour B X so those should get me through the summmer. I bought some of the new Snell’s to test them out but greenside spin and the sound off the driver isn’t as good as the Bridgestones which I was fit into 18 months ago. If I run out of the Tour B’s I just bought 6 dozen Srixon Z Stars($26.50/dozen) for my son and daughter that I’ll likely test out sometime in the next week just for comparison.

TP5 pix
Wilson Triad

Was a big Snell Black fan so I will give the Prime a try when I run out of TP5

Dick's was out of Chrome Soft in yellow when I bought balls at the beginning of the season so I bought some Super Soft's as a stop gap. I honestly haven't seen any difference in yardage or spin in my game so I have continued to buy the Super Softs at almost half the price of the Chrome Softs.

Vice Pro Plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still playing the most recent Chrome Soft Triple Track, and will do so for the remainder of 2023. Still have quite a few from my order, but I am loving the distance I am getting on these from both my irons and my driver. I could not ask for a better golf ball.

ProV1X. Needed more backspin on approach last year and switched from Z-Star XV to ProV1X. Been great so far and my home course is even harder and more baked out this year than it was last year.

Got rewarded from my ProV1X last night. Had a shot to a pin tucked on the front of the green between 2 bunkers with only about 10 yards front to back to safely land the ball in. I took a great swing but caught the ball a groove low and it came out pretty flat and felt hot. Landed pin high and checked super hard and only rolled about 10 feet on the fring 4 feet short of the bunker. It was one of those where my brain went " Oh no......Oh wow!". Almost any other ball I think I would have been in the bunker.

Srixon Z Star XV (divide). New ball is the best version yet. No seam/cover issues like previous models. The feel is slightly softer and the on-course performance is superb. I feel like they have good spin without having shots that leave you confused about why your ball stopped where it did. I’m sitting heavy on these and ready for the rest of the season and into next year!

p.s. I was planning on New Pro V1x but was so disappointed with the covers! Hard to pay an ultra premium price when I’m replacing several balls a round for scuffs and damage even when not hitting hazards.

Taylormade Distance Plus

I have it on the Amazon “subscribe and save” at one dozen a month for like $18 or something. That’s a good deal.

As for the balls themselves, I like them and feel that it gives my pops a bit of extra juice. I don’t lose a lot of balls (maybe 2 a round) so I like the consistency.

I tried giving the CS X LS a shot and it’s not for me. The CS X is still the best ball for my game. Everything just feels more predictable with the CS X. I have a couple dozen of the LS left but I may just use them randomly through this season.

ERC Soft, both OG and the new version, and 2020 Tour Response ( I had 3 dz to start the year ).
Pretty set on these, although I picked up some Maxlfi Tours today to try out.

ERC Soft are so good. They are super long for me. I tend to spin my wedges plenty, so I’m not seeing any low spin issues around the green. New version spins a little more as well. They perform better than more expensive balls, at least for me.

Been a minute since we did this thread, and I always enjoy seeing what everyone plays. So, what golf ball, or golf balls I guess, did you settle on for your 2023 go to?

before I stopped playing around 2 years ago (currently got back into it) I was playing Srixon AD333’s I’ve now gone back to Bridgestone E6’s, nice distance off the tee and feel good off the face, may get some AD333’s to see why I went to them from E6’s many years ago…

Still testing
Tour B RXS yellow
ProV1x yeloow
Chrome soft triple track 360^ yellow

I like with the 360* that I don’t need to draw a line on the ball. So edge to it right now.

Back