What golf stuff did you buy today?

King Tec Hybo (2023), 5H, with X flex Nippon GOST shaft.

Played 18 on my company's course today, which was my first visit there. Lots of baked fairways and really treacherous greens. My Wilson ball wasn't holding the greens on wedge shots, even though I got some nice spin on low-iron chips.

Knowing I'll probably be dragged invited back there again and again, I picked up a 15-pack of yellow Bridgestone e12 Contact balls, which were marked $34.95 but rang up at $29.99. I haven't tried Bridgestones of any stripe before, but these were suggested by their online ball selector, and seemed like a logical starting point. Putting them around my living room just now along with a Pro V1, I gotta say the e12C is dreamy-good to putt, and I can't wait to play a round with 'em.

Last edited:
Well I left mine wrench sitting at home when I was packing up my bag last week. 😂
Oh and you’re traveling so the head was off. Got it :LOL:

Wide brim hat with my course logo, on a whim while waiting at the turn. It's an ADIDAS brand and the brim is somewhat rigid.

Yesterday I went in to get a box of pro v1s, bit they had taylormade distance balls, 2 boxes for $35, had to get them.
That's a deal. I like the TM Distance balls.

This morning I was going to order a putter headcover for an old putter I pulled out of the closet recently. But I went back to the closet and rummaged around until I found a headcover I hadn't even remembered owning. Closet shopping, I guess they call it.

I could probably find Jimmy Hoffa's remains and the lost city of Atlantis in there with a little patience.

LSW_Book.JPG

Let us know how you like this book. I for one think (at least) that I am playing smarter golf and that is usually partly responsible for my lower scores, but it took me 30 years with a couple hiatuses in there to get the smart game going.

Let us know how you like this book.
Will do, but, I'll probably post my comments in the Lowest Score Wins thread. And it might not be for a while, as I'm currently just into Every Shot Counts

I for one think (at least) that I am playing smarter golf and that is usually partly responsible for my lower scores, but it took me 30 years with a couple hiatuses in there to get the smart game going.
A couple books back was The Four Foundations of Golf. That was quite an eye-opener for me. I'll definitely be playing my game a lot differently than I used to do.

I'm certain there's a lot of overlap between the three books. My wife and I like to read for a bit before nodding off to sleep. I've been big into reading golf books, lately :)

Range fees and warmup bucket over the weekend. New plastic tees for the kids to practice with today

Visited Budget Golf today and bought the items below. I'm probably going to have to tack on another 30% to get them down to me in Cabo San Lucas after IVA tax, shipping, and customs fees.

ITEMS ORDERED

SPIKELESS/HYBRID SHOES

PUMA Ignite NXT SOLELACE Spikeless Golf Shoes 12018092- 11.5 Medium Gray Violet/Team Gold/Quiet Shade - 12018092- 11.5 Medium Gray Violet/Team Gold/Quiet Shade…………………………………………$49.99

GRIPS

(12) Golf Pride Z Grip ALIGN Grips 12091187- Midsized Z Grip ALIGN Black/White/Red - 12091187- Midsized Z Grip ALIGN Black/White/Red…………………………………………………………………………………………………………$12.99/ea

GRIP REPLACEMENT SUPPLIES

Range Rat Grip Tape Strips - 15 Pack 1901293- 15 Pack 15 Pack - 1901293- 15 Pack 15 Pack…………..$5.94

SubTotal: $ 212.86

Shipping: $15.99

Sales Tax: $16.41

Total $ 244.21

A Round for Son and I. Got to try my Shorter 43.75 Shaft in Driver. Worked well. Easier to hit, more Fairways, and did not hurt my Back.

Portable, supposedly 10k btu a/c unit for garage delivered today.
We’ll be hitting some balls tomorrow. Let’s see if things get more comfortable!!

Peter Millar 1/4 zip!

Ordered a head cover for the Stealth Plus 5W that arrived today from Budget Golf

I've been curious about the Bridgestone e9 Long Drive ball lately, and today, curiosity got the best of me: I bought a box and played nine holes with 'em. My initial impressions:

1. Even though my swing speed is moderate at best, shots with my driver went a good 10 yards extra, and shots with my 4 and 6 iron went 15-20 yards beyond anything I've ever seen. Quarter-swing pitches with my PW and SW landed 5 yards beyond where I expected. Shots flew with a medium-low trajectory, landed softly, and rolled seemingly forever.

2. All my iron shots flew straight, and my driver shots sprayed to the right a bit less than usual. Nice!

3. Tactile feedback on all clubs, especially the putter, was superb. This 75 compression ball is neither mushy nor rock hard, and leaps off the clubface with a satisfying "twack".

4. Putting was just deadly accurate, and 4-iron greenside chips went off with pinpoint precision.

5. Spin and control on greenside wedge shots wasn't great, but there was some spin in evidence. It's going to take some practice to get the best out of this ball in these situations.

Playing a half-set of my backup clubs today, the e9 inspired confidence as the round went on, and I had a big smile on my face by the 3rd hole. I finished the round tying my best 9-hole score of the season.

Played in a charity event and did a lot of reading on clubs.

My Stealth HD Irons came in today. Going to the range with them today.
The quality is super nice but the bounce of the head is so thick, is weird to look at. Every iron looks like a hybrid.
All that matters is they play well.... for now

The G430 are like cheating!!!!! Im a low single digit and went from MB to these and won't look back
I'm so looking forward to getting these and hope they perform as well as the ones I tried out. Will post pics when they arrive.

Back