What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to DSG to kill some time, rolled a few Odyssey putters and checked out all the older irons they still have out.

I still like the looks & feel of the Baffler XL line. Might have to keep an eye on eBay just as a cheap experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 18 at one of our county courses and managed to post in the Live Round thread and spent 45 minutes putting and chipping afterwards.

Went to DSG to kill some time, rolled a few Odyssey putters and checked out all the older irons they still have out.

I still like the looks & feel of the Baffler XL line. Might have to keep an eye on eBay just as a cheap experiment.

Baffler XL is one hell of a bargain IMO. Enjoyed both irons and hybrid from that line.w

Baffler XL is one hell of a bargain IMO. Enjoyed both irons and hybrid from that line.w

I know there weren't a lot of fans of it's looks, but as a higher handicapper who could use more height with irons, especially the scoring ones, these (or the Fly Z XLs) have always seemed like something I should take a look at.

I know there weren't a lot of fans of it's looks, but as a higher handicapper who could use more height with irons, especially the scoring ones, these (or the Fly Z XLs) have always seemed like something I should take a look at.

Absolutely. And as a guy that doesn't care at all for offset in an iron, these still performed fantastically for me.

Walked 18 this morning.

#TheGrandaddy prep with some helpers

070a2bf54df9e4351d80911d194425f4.jpg

Rolled some indoor putts and picked up some golf gifts for a secret Santa.

Walked 18 with my normal group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walked 18 in the brisk, windy weather.

Went to the range to hit a small bucket. Really concentrated on swinging at 80%. I like it, and if I can do that on the course the next round I'll be very happy.

The Fairway woods are bombers too.

Opened up my new shoes and booked a tee time for Friday

I bought my dad a set of baffler xl irons w/ graphite shafts for his birthday. The last time I went to a range, I brought a couple of the bafflers with me and they were just stupid easy to hit. Now I am kind of hoping that I can find another set for the price I got them at.

Realized my secret santa recipient uses a see more putter so I swung by their office at lunch. . . Awesome guys over there, really lucky to have them local. :banana:

Pulled the suitcase downstairs. I'll start packing and make sure I don't forget anything.

I also picked up a couple of UA base layers that were on sale

Short game lesson at Bayonet and Black Horse golf course

par 3 course at grand national on the rtj trail here in Opelika, al with my fil and my two boys 4 and 2. the 4yo wanted to hit his driver on every tee and it seems to have clicked with him. the 2yo wanted to be like big brother but preferred to play in the sand and run up and down the hills! it was an absolute blast! but the 2yo woke up from his truncated nap with a 101+ fever and is miserable, and dad of the year here is wondering whether it was a good idea to keep him out so long in low 50s weather...

Played 18 and Jerry Rice was in a twosome behind me.

par 3 course at grand national on the rtj trail here in Opelika, al with my fil and my two boys 4 and 2. the 4yo wanted to hit his driver on every tee and it seems to have clicked with him. the 2yo wanted to be like big brother but preferred to play in the sand and run up and down the hills! it was an absolute blast! but the 2yo woke up from his truncated nap with a 101+ fever and is miserable, and dad of the year here is wondering whether it was a good idea to keep him out so long in low 50s weather...

Are you playing the other 2 there while ur there?

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Are you playing the other 2 there while ur there?

no, not enough time. a couple observations: they received a couple inches of rain last week, and the par 3 course was a little muddy at some green side low points. I was surprised, as I've never noticed that on either regular course. also, they had a sign posted that they are doing work on the links course. while driving around it looked like they were taking out a bunch of trees. not sure when the work is scheduled to be finished.

Played 18 with a few friends. snapped this beautiful shot of the par 5 18th at sunset.

a7b0df03379fdd4d39118d3906d2d235.jpg

Today I deliberately did NOT go and give the TM M1 driver a hit at a demo day. The last thing I need this close to Christmas is a sudden impulsive purchase which I have a feeling would have been the case.

Finally got all my wedges built...50* and 56* MD3 with s400 onyx shafts and a PM Grind with stock kbs tour v wedge shaft. All three now have the utx acid grips. Happy with how they came out.
0e97959f74307b068363b659993ff3ab.jpg

Had one of my lessons at Golftec. I think this was on of the most constructive lessons yet, I'm super excited about how my swing is coming into shape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back