What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Drills, more drills and a few normal swing. THP’d and some putting practice.

Made a fitting appointment for Thursday afternoon with the Titleist rep. I look forward to exploring the T Series. The only Titleist iron I have hit is the 620 CB with a C-Taper shaft (local course pro is trying to sell them to me). This will importantly be my best chance to explore fitting with a wide range of shafts. At a minimum, I will come away with good information.

I may also ask his help in prepping a pair of Xcaliber Rapid Taper 95 S shafts for some yet to be identified heads. He has the full old school can do anything kind of shop.

Just some THP so far, league tonight. Might see if I can slip out of work early and play nine before league since no harvest is going on today.

I have THP'd, watched some early coverage about the course, made a tee time for tomorrow, then I went to get new wedges bent and ended up trying the p770 and 921forged on a day I said I wasn't going to swing. So I will be icing heavily while THP'ing later.

THP'd a bit, and made it to the range for some putting, chipping and some short iron practice off the mats.

Last edited:
Hit a bucket of balls at a nearby driving range--mostly with the 7i. Went fairly satisfactorily :)

Did probably my last league night for the year.

Drills, drills and more drills.

THPed off and on today as usual. We've got some great weather this here in Chicago, so made a couple of tee times for tomorrow and Friday.

Probably won't be able to play next week as we're going to be finally moving into our condo. There is so much to get done between now and next Wednesday, so I gotta enjoy this week while I can. The cold weather here in Chicago will be here sooner than anybody wants to know. :cry::cry:

Switched out my gear into a new to me bag.

THPed off and on today as usual. We've got some great weather this here in Chicago, so made a couple of tee times for tomorrow and Friday.

Probably won't be able to play next week as we're going to be finally moving into our condo. There is so much to get done between now and next Wednesday, so I gotta enjoy this week while I can. The cold weather here in Chicago will be here sooner than anybody wants to know. :cry::cry:
We went from heat wave warnings to sweatshirts over the last two weeks over here.

Putting work, driving range, then THPing

Hit a couple of buckets on the range in a sea of smoke. Greens, including practice, are getting sanded. No putting time today.

Swing felt off today. Solid with wedges and short irons and pounded driver but not a single swing felt right. Could not find center on 6i.

I have iced, packed my bag, and am analyzing some swing positions looking for things to work to improve on tomorrow.

20200915_232117.jpg20200915_232238.jpg

20200915_233949.jpg
20200915_233812.jpg

Anyone else do this type of thing at night? I like to think I'm not the only one.

Played nine with a real good friend from out of town. Great night!

Went to the range to dial in my 1 iron. Mission accomplished

I have iced, packed my bag, and am analyzing some swing positions looking for things to work to improve on tomorrow.

View attachment 8963652View attachment 8963653

View attachment 8963661
View attachment 8963662

Anyone else do this type of thing at night? I like to think I'm not the only one.
I should but I don’t. I’m hitting the ball well with some of the drills. I’m curious what’s I’m doing different with the drills. Umm pretty sure it’s the weight on my feet is more like yours while doing drills. My normal swing has been all on the back foot and falling off the ball. Starting to get a feel for it. More drills today and hopefully I can play better tomorrow.

Off to a good start, booked 9 holes to warm up on with my brother Friday morning before the tournament we're playing.

THPing right now. Leaving the house in about an hour for my tee time at 11:30. Weather wise it's supposed to be a great day.

Booked the hotel for the wife and I this weekend out of town for a 2 day couples tourney.
And....now THP'ing.

We tried to play our seniors group "Ryder Cup" today. All going well until the 14 hole and the outer bands of the hurricane hit. Steady downpour. Played through that for three holes and the director of golf caught us on #18 tee box to tell us the tourney was called for too much rain.

I golfed my ball, THP, and am trying to decide if I'm up to playing tomorrow. A couple guys are going to the place with the lightning greens, and I like it there. :unsure:

Cleaned the clubs and got the bag organized for Thursday night (if my neck is feeling better) and Friday.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Played 18, THP'd, watched a little of the U.S. Open pre-round stuff.

I did some putting between meetings, chipping work in the back yard, and some THPing

Back