What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Watched a lot of US Open coverage...man this course is going to be brutal & will reward those who hit quality shots.

Played a 4-person 9-hole scramble. -7 gross. Fun night. Two of the guys were big hitters. I swung away with driver and kept up with them. Nice to know I have some extra speed in the tank. Had good shot shape control both ways tonight. Feeling relaxed with the no pressure scramble is something I need to bring into my scoring rounds.

Range session today over lunch. Was extremely productive as I have been struggling with transition from the top of my back swing. Did a slow-mo drill and was actually able to hit my driver pretty consistently. Haven't ramped speed back up fully yet, but 250 yard drives at 75% I am more then ecstatic with.

I just watched a YouTube lesson and picked up on something I am 100% going to try to incorporate tomorrow.

Played 16 holes by skipping around the course. I love belonging to a club and being able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched a little pre-open coverage, THP, took delivery of the new Cleveland putter, chipped and putted for about 30 minutes.

Started trying to figure out what it's gonna take me to hit with a driver--something at which I've so far not been terribly successful. With the driver I'm either getting them up with a terrific slice or I'm hitting them very flat when I hit 'em straight.

My putting and chipping isn't half bad for a beginner. I'm getting a bit more consistent with the irons. But any kind of even marginal consistency with FWs and the driver has so far eluded me.

Watched a little pre-open coverage, THP, took delivery of the new Cleveland putter, chipped and putted for about 30 minutes.
please excuse me for not understanding, but what is the meaning/purpose of the of the acronym THP included in so many posts? thanks

please excuse me for not understanding, but what is the meaning/purpose of the of the acronym THP included in so many posts? thanks

Testicular Hair Preening. I'm going with a bit of a ZZ top beard look.

It means browsing the forum

Used Blue infill paint to redo my Iron, Wedge and Putter graphics / numbers

Watched a lot of US Open coverage, charged my Arccos link and spent time THPing

Walked 18 and THP’d.

TheHackersParadise'd some, played 18, sent a bunch of videos to the guys I played with, and am heading to the gym where I will finally be able to watch some of today's coverage.

Went in for a Titleist iron fitting. The guy who did the fitting is a hoot. He teaches as much as fits. I hit the T100 and 620 MB. T100 is more similar than not to my mp-18 mmc, and although I loved the feel of the of the MB, the drop off on mishits (no shocker) was enough to make that a pass. In the end we came away deciding that I couldn't really improve on my current irons and shaft. He really liked the recoil 110 F5 for me. Lie angle on my irons is off, and I will get those adjusted. In the meantime he had me choking up 3/4" and a touch closer to the ball, and that was bringing my flight back into line. Good session. He had some good feedback on my transition and staying back on the ball just a bit.

Went to the range to try and tidy things up. Hit a medium bucket, took my time and really simplified my driver setup. Led to some really great shots. Also played the little three hole short game course, holes are between 60-90 yards. On the 70 yard third hole I decided to hit out of the rough for practice. First ball looked good in the air, checked and rolled back into the cup. Second one lipped out. Pretty awesome to see that even just practicing.

Went in for a Titleist iron fitting. The guy who did the fitting is a hoot. He teaches as much as fits. I hit the T100 and 620 MB. T100 is more similar than not to my mp-18 mmc, and although I loved the feel of the of the MB, the drop off on mishits (no shocker) was enough to make that a pass. In the end we came away deciding that I couldn't really improve on my current irons and shaft. He really liked the recoil 110 F5 for me. Lie angle on my irons is off, and I will get those adjusted. In the meantime he had me choking up 3/4" and a touch closer to the ball, and that was bringing my flight back into line. Good session. He had some good feedback on my transition and staying back on the ball just a bit.
Thats awesome! Those MBs do feel quite amazing.

Played a 4-person 9-hole scramble. -7 gross. Fun night. Two of the guys were big hitters. I swung away with driver and kept up with them. Nice to know I have some extra speed in the tank. Had good shot shape control both ways tonight. Feeling relaxed with the no pressure scramble is something I need to bring into my scoring rounds.

Quoting myself to add something. When he was measuring my 7i specs, he looked at the ferrule and then sanded the edge smooth with the shaft and used a solvent to make it shine. That's how he rolls. Love this guy.

Practiced swinging my driver hitting a wiffle ball in the back yard. I'm making progress. I may even be ready to try it at the range again soon :ROFLMAO:

Went to the range. Very poor session. Back was tight. Hit my irons poorly and then hit the demo Hogans poorly. All around frustrating session.

Start over tomorrow.

Watched the U.S. Open, THP'd, rolled some putts on the PuttOut, prepped for tomorrow's round.

Changed a putter grip and watched the US Open.

Back