What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played 18 this morning at 7:40am at a club I just became a member at. After I was finished I chipped in our practice green for 1.5 hour.

Have tee time at 11:50am this morning at Fox Bend in Oswego, IL.

ZpUBJyq.jpg
Wild head covers, but I like them

So I went to the range after I got done with my Navy stuff today and hit a large and small bucket of balls because I’m struggling right now with my swing. Still not pleased I started to watch a video I took of me at the range on Friday to see what I could figure out. With some guidance from @ArmyGolf and a few of my Grandaddy team, and watching YouTube videos for the last hour or so, I figured it out! I am sliding my hips in the downswing. I watched this video and did a swing without a club against a chair and sure enough, I was sliding and thrusting my hips forward. As I did some more practice in the room I started to feel what needs to be fixed. Although it feels weird, I will be taking a fold up chair outside and hitting some balls (a lot, lol) at half to a quarter of the speed until I can get this feeling down. Been a long time since I had a lightbulb go off in reference to my swing. Heck I may even take a folding chair to the range. I’ll look weird but honestly I don’t even care lol

Walked 18

Played 18 at Cerbat Cliffs GC in Kingman AZ. Haven't played there in 10-11 years. Shot an 89, while making a couple of tough 12 foot putts. Got lucky.

First round back after my rib injury. I can tell I swung a club today. I have a 6;30 am tee time tomorrow morning. .

20210510_112707.jpg
TPC Potomac par 3 12th

Hit up the range and a new golf store near by

Getting ready for league tonight, I did a little golf scheduling. Booked 18 for tomorrow at a local private course, finalized a follow up lesson Thursday morning, set a time for playing 18 on home course Friday afternoon, and signed up for Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO demo Sunday morning. (y)

Walked 18

Hit three bags of balls this morning with my 60 degree wedge (Mizuno), trying to achieve consistent distances with half, 3/4 and full swings. Not satisfied with the results today so probably will repeat tomorrow with a different 60 degree wedge (Vokey).

Went to the driving range today and then visited the new PGA Tour Superstore that opened up 2 weeks back near me.

walked 18 on a local 9 hole...it was a nice change of pace and the driver was working quite nicely on the par 4s.

I left work early to play 9 holes. It was probably the worst 9 holes I have played in a couple months which was discouraging. I was slicing drives and had 3 putts on almost ever hole. The encouraging this is that I know I can play better. I was in my head today trying to adjust things. Hopefully some range time tomorrow morning will help things.

I don't think this counts, but for the record I've spent the last two days in a course's clubhouse trying to get a replacement HVAC system to operate after a major failure. I think I'm going to put my clubs in the truck for tomorrow so that if things go will I will hit up one of their simulators.

I played, THP, cleaned my clubs, bought the wife some balls, and put the long irons I forgot today into my bag.

I don't think this counts, but for the record I've spent the last two days in a course's clubhouse trying to get a replacement HVAC system to operate after a major failure. I think I'm going to put my clubs in the truck for tomorrow so that if things go will I will hit up one of their simulators.
Do it!! If work takes you to a place like that, you have to take advantage!

Range session this evening followed up by some chipping and putting.

Had a 6:30 am tee time as a solo this morning. First one oit the lady said.

Didn't play well, but didn't play bad either while shooting an 88. Made a few putts.

Course was still wet from early am irrigation. Had to adjust to that issue. Tee boxes could of used some mowing. Bunkers were wet. Luckily I was never in a bunker..

I was playing steady golf, when on the 8th hole a twosome caught me. Thought that was a little strange, as I let them play through. Found out later that once they put their ball on the green, they would pick up, and move to the next hole with out putting. New meaning for warp speed golf.

Best shot was tee shot to 135 yard par three. Ball hit the pin on the fly.

Worst shot was a toe'd 3W into the sun. Didn't see it, never found it.

Still a fun morning.

I went to the driving range today. I was going to spray to kill the infestation of wild blackberries that come over the fence but spraying herbicide when it's breezy is not a good idea.

I got 100 balls. I once again beat my head against the wall with my Garmin G80 Approach (pile of junk) launch monitor missing 3/4 of the shots. I was trying to up my 8i swing speed a bit more, but it kept recording the bad shots and missing almost every single good shot. I did move the mark from 77 mph to 82 mph. Then I hit driver. I was getting a bit tired by that time, so the driver wasn't that great. No slices. I think I'm going to have to use the Top Tracer bays in the future.

"If I could fix your slice with just 15 practice balls, would you believe me?" - Youtube ad. Probably but I doubt you could fix my hook in 15 practice balls. Give me a fade. Please.

I hit some bombs with my 5W off the mat. The trick is getting the shaft to return the original plane. Then hit some awesome wedge shots. But now for the coup de gras.

I was tired of not being able to practice putting due to a bad back, so I brought out the secret weapon. My 48" Odyssey White Ice. I can putt all day with this thing because I don't have to bend over. And I am deadly with it. I bought it when I had the yips.

Maybe there is some way to prolong the failure so you can spend more time at the course which would equal more time on the simulator.

Maybe there is some way to prolong the failure so you can spend more time at the course which would equal more time on the simulator.
It looks like we blew a compressor, so the failure prolonged itself:mad: I'm thinking I might try to sneak out and photograph the course somehow since it's just sitting there otherwise...

Took a set of irons to my local Pro Shop to get reshafted. Putting UST Recoil Dart 75g shafts on. Also took an old Bettinardi SS3 in to get extended from 34" to 35" for a friend to try on Friday.

Switched clubs from Tour Edge bag to my Datrek bag.

The TE bag, after 20+ years of normal wear, tear, and a little abuse, has finally run it's course. A lot of the stitching is wearing out, and the carry handles are tearing. To it's credit, all the zippers still work. It's been a great bag. We've been through alot together. It's now my 2nd string bag. Too bad as I didn't mind advertising for the TE company.

Range session this evening followed up by some chipping practice.

Back