What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

played my first round of golf in over a year and a half. felt good to be out.

Range session last night and watching some US Open this afternoon

I practiced the swing methods from my lesson earlier this week and had a solid range session. 5-iron is still giving me fits, but my hybrid and driver swings were pretty good for me.

I also called a course near where my wife and I are going in a couple of weeks to see if they had rental clubs available. Unfortunately, the man who answered the phone wasn’t able to give a definitive answer and suggested that I call back in the morning when the head pro would be in.

Scheduled the final open month on our league calendar. 2021 is fully booked.

Checked with all of my golf buddies to see if I could get a game for tomorrow, no takers. I guess it's paperwork instead :rolleyes:

Streamed the Open on one laptop at work while I worked on the other. Kept up with the action via SiriusXM on the drive home and now watching the coverage on TV.

I took today off from work to play 18 with my buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My TSi2 arrived. Im still at work though. Long shift made longer knowing I have a delivery waiting for me.
Right?! I got notification this morning that my EvenFlow Blue shaft got delivered this morning too! Getting closer to home time though, and then I'll build the club tonight after my round.

Just some low effort, mid day stuff. Pitches, chips, putts, and some akward lies. Uphill/downhill, and side hill above/below my feet lies.

Just wanted to hit some balls. I'm still getting use to my new bag make up, with the new irons.

It's still pretty unseasonably hot around here. High/mid 1-teens. Took it easy so as not to get over heated.

Watched the US Open

Played 18 and had lunch at the club afterward, watched some of the U.S. Open.

Played 18 and had lunch at the club afterward, watched some of the U.S. Open.
Hopefully some month you’ll come join us for the AZTHP league.

Hopefully some month you’ll come join us for the AZTHP league.
It's on my to-do list before the end of this year, would love to come down and join you guys! I love following your league, you guys really put something special together there.

Walked 18 and watched a lot of US Open coverage

It's on my to-do list before the end of this year, would love to come down and join you guys! I love following your league, you guys really put something special together there.
Just say the word snd we’ll add you to the list. We’ll be in Prescott this August. Slightly closer. And cooler.

Grind through a range bucket, with meh results

Played 18 with the kids today. Played a smaller course called Crane Lakes in Port Orange. SUPER KID FRIENDLY. Conditions were amazing and everyone had a great time. On 18 we all put it on with a 7i from 155, 95 and 43 respectively. 224783BF-5EA1-4676-A489-2CC5A1567D54.jpegE8618BBE-9694-4A2A-AE60-4F6D6BDEBA38.jpeg59AA9149-A2A9-4780-8EB1-8618DBD12BD5.jpeg43C111FC-8B19-426E-8F41-40BB241A8213.jpeg

Finished building up my Srixon driving iron by installing a grip.

And tonight I was able to get out and walk 9 holes since I got all my chores done! Saw this girl on the course:

8853FA39-B916-47B0-A9C4-5F6907A14B69.jpeg

Not exactly today, but what have i been up to?
Have been locked in to work for the past 2 weeks. But i got a Swing Caddie SC200+, and i keep a driver at home.

For all the flak these little devices get in terms of accuracy compared to professional multi-thousand $ alternatives, i can't overstate how much fun i've had swinging my driver around, having it blare out how fast the swing was. And i already learned a bunch of things. And got faster.

Feedback is important. It doesn't have to be down to the decimal point accurate.

Back