What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

And the best shot of my last round goes to my tee shot on the 11th hole which for the first time in the last 15 rounds didn't go into either the tall fescue or the woods. It went straight down the middle of the fairway. This set up my first par ever on this hole. I finally beat this hole.

I played 9 in 100° heat. Not a good idea. Then watched the final round of the LIV tourney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driving range. I can tell that physical therapy is helping with my distance on mishits and good swings alike.

I hit my Ironwoods this morning up to 150 yards. Dispersion could use some improvement, but in general, most shots would've left me playable shot.

After that I was on the putting green rolling two balls against each other.

Once back home I completed my bag make for my round tomorrow. I'm going with my 3W, 12 Ironwoods, and my B1 Heavy putter.

I'm also be traveling with my D, 5W, 7W, and Spaulding blade putter. I'm sure I will be playing some of the other Mesquite NV courses while up there.

3 days if golf, and gambling. ;)

I am just listening to the "No Putts Given" podcast about the new Titleist TSR drivers. I really wanted to go to the range today but it is way too hot out.

Played that Par 3 course again. Had to wait for the men's league finish up.

The high temps have finally moved out the area. Only made it to 105 today.

It was a consistent, but uneventful round. Shot a 30 for my effort. No birds, but managed 6 pars.

My big score of the day was at the local Walmart. They had a clearance sale on 6, three wheel trollies. Purchased all 6 of them.

I figure to give them to my Granddaughters' golf coach. I've seen some of the carts the other youngsters use. This will help out.

Had a problem loading them into our small car. Called my Daughter, who met us half way home. (50+/- miles) We still have another night on our mini vacation. She, and the Granddaughters hauled them back home. 17635844-bb4d-4d74-b14f-6d2e6066cf1a.b94d36cc81341c7bc20ae61f1a4d1a3b.jpeg

Round at Founders Club in SC. with my son. No need to go to beach after this Course, all the sand and water you could ever want.20220908_141329.jpg20220908_141140.jpg

Range day today. I got out there before it rained. We need it really badly, so I am not mad about that. The heat wave finally broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short game practice this morning. Now that the hot weather has moved east, out of the area, it was a pleasant morning.

Went with 100+/- yards, then 50 yards, 30 yard pitches, then moved to chips and putts.

The longer shots were to pins with 10' greens. I put about 40% of my shots on the green.

My really poor misses (5 or 6) were fatties.

Pitches, and chips with putts were done on the 3 hole, two tiered practice green. Most of those shots went well.

Just a nice, cooler morning to be out of doors.

I played my regular Sunday 9 today. Last few rounds have bern pretty good.

Walked 18 with my motocaddy this morning. We had light precipitation for most of the front nine, and then sunshine and clear skies for the back.

Played 18 with a buddy today, Shot 74, and am now THPing. Gonna mow soon after this Vikes game is over - probably listen to PGA Tour radio... then may go hit a few balls on 17 Sawgrass before I shut down for the evening.

Re gripped a couple clubs and THP.

Range and chipping green yesterday. Hit the irons and hybrid awesome, wedges were a little inconsistent. Really need to work on flighting them down and on consistent contact - planning to work it in my lesson Friday. Driver a inconsistent also, but I think it was down to a lazy weight shift. On the occasions I did it well I hit some really good ones. This was the best one - don't recall hitting 160 ball speed without a TSR in my hand before!!

PXL_20220910_140423136.MP.jpg

I read the Phil Mickelson biography “Phil” by Alan Shipnuck. I’ve never been a fan of Phil but was interested to see if the opinion I had of him was justified or not. He is pretty much what I thought he was, but it was an interesting read.

A little early morning pitching work. Had to wait out a rain storm.

Just hitting easy 10-20 yard pitches to the practice pin. Focus was on aim, alignment, and ball position in my stance. Nothing too tiresome.

I have 2pm tee time with my Granddaughters, their Dad, and their phenom cousin. I expect the cousin to break 80 for her effort.

Yesterday was a 4.5 hour round with family members.

Had a great time, even though I had lost my putting stroke. Had a tough time making anything.

The fatty approach shots I hit, didn't do much for my score either.

Carded a 90. (44/46)
for my effort, with 38 putts.

The course was pretty wet from previous rains, and irrigation schedule. Wet conditions are usually a problem for me. Still, it was all on me. No excuses.

Granddaughters did learn a few new rules on wet golf. Casual water, and lift, and clean were new to them. Stands to reason, since we hardly ever get much rain here.

Just a fun time for all involved. :D

Returned the Bridgestone 4W I bought Saturday. Noodle shaft.

Brought a buddy to the range, he put a bunch of sky marks on my driver.

Currently looking at Titleist 975 JVS drivers on ebay.

Played a round in my sim league after work today. Shot my 2nd lowest round at -4 and 3 round under par on the sim. Just happens this is the same course I went low in my second round last year during league and shot my lowest of -8. Been working hard on my swing lately and it really shows in my consistency in my game. Can't wait to take my practice to the course this weekend.

9 holes today. I played with s guy who had a Moon Wood 27°. First time I ever saw one in the wild.

Played Hackensack Golf Club as a guest today

It was a really good day day. The course was incredible, the greens were just exquisite. I played poorly (mainly putting). So many 3 putts it was embarrassing. Our host was really welcoming and just such a good guy to play with.

Longest course I’ve played in quite a while. I think a shade over 6700 yds from the member (blue) tees. Fairways were very soft from recent rains and no roll at all once the tee shot landed.

There was nothing about this course or the club itself that didn’t impress. Great experience.

Went to the range yesterday since my plans to go Friday have changed and I have to help my FIL in the hay field.

Range day.
632bc2b30e7a667678f42a83c1f9d71b.jpg

Walked 18

Hit a few range balls to see if I could keep a real ball in a fairway with a driver, after last week's wild Trackman experience. I did, for the most part. 🤷‍♂️

After that, I played the par-3 round of my life.

Back