What have you learned from THP?

PackersGirl

2022 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What is one thing that you have learned while being here on THP? Now, before you name the obvious (community, friendship, etc), I'm just asking for one thing other than that. For me it's how important new technology has been for my game, clubs and balls. What about you? Just ONE thing that ranks top of your list.

That’s there’s more to the shaft in your clubs than just the flex.

That’s there’s more to the shaft in your clubs than just the flex.
This! Shafts. I knew nothing. I still have so much to learn.

I’ve learned that there are so many awesome brands out there beyond what we see on the shelves at big box stores or advertised on TV.

I’ve learned that there are so many awesome brands out there beyond what we see on the shelves at big box stores or advertised on TV.
So very true!!!

I don’t mean this in any negative way whatsoever for the site or any OEMs, but it’s amazing to me to see which OEMs truly want to be a part of the everyday golfer and which just go about their day based on their “prestige” or their story or their history.

kind of makes shopping for clubs easier…still not easy haha but easier.

There is no one thing. There is ALL the things

That OEM’s REALLY care about their customer base.

Internet golfing is a real thing. 😆

Swing tips. Swing information. The tips and videos shared on this forum have done more for my swing than any of the 3 lessons that I got.

Golf balls. So much about golf balls. Compression, covers, cores, dimples, and the effects of a ball on different parts of my game. How a ball reacts in the short game can be different than how they react off of irons. That’s the big thing I learned from THP. Everything else about golf too, but the top of my list is reserved for golf balls.

I have plenty of company in the #LunaticFringe

That there is a lot to learn about the equipment game.

Without wanting to wax poetic or be overly philosophical. I think it’s that this the THE place to find an enormous amount of people from all walks, backgrounds, conditions, corners of the earth, where we all basically get along. Even if we might not agree on non golf issues we’re here to share information, help out a brother or sister, whatever it takes, because we all have golf as the common denominator.

I think a lot of people could learn from a set up like this.

Without wanting to wax poetic or be overly philosophical. I think it’s that this the THE place to find an enormous amount of people from all walks, backgrounds, conditions, corners of the earth, where we all basically get along. Even if we might not agree on non golf issues we’re here to share information, help out a brother or sister, whatever it takes, because we all have golf as the common denominator.

I think a lot of people could learn from a set up like this.
I agree it is THE place to be and learn from. I was just curious to see what people have learned while being here. It's fun to hear about the different things people take away from THP. :)

I agree it is THE place to be and learn from. I was just curious to see what people have learned while being here. It's fun to hear about the different things people take away from THP. :)
Oh, that’s very different 1642973402690.gif

I’m gonna say equipment reviews that work at being unbiased.

Probably honest, detailed club reviews are what I learn continuously from THP. With little to minimal club testing nearby and limited fitting carts when eventually the closest GT (1 hour) gets product in store, I have always relied on the experience on fellow THP’ers to give first hand knowledge of their testing. Invaluable information.

What is one thing that you have learned while being here on THP? Now, before you name the obvious (community, friendship, etc), I'm just asking for one thing other than that. For me it's how important new technology has been for my game, clubs and balls. What about you? Just ONE thing that ranks top of your list.

The importance of data and how it can improve your game and decision making.

Back