JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV caught up with Mike Yagley to talk tech and one piece of a larger interview talks directly about CG (center of gravity) and what it is exactly and how zero CG is obtained in creating golf clubs.

The entire Mike Yagley video on all things related to tech in a driver will be hitting the home page soon.

I think we hear terms all the time that we don't clearly understand. This was informative for me!!

Great explanation of the term. He is someone I could listen to all day talk about tech in clubs and golf balls. Not to mention thats a pretty sweet top piece he is wearing.

These Yagley videos are crazy informative!

Gonna watch this when I get home. can't wait!

Very good info there. I'd love to see a diagram of the constant evolution of CG.

I learned a lot about the benefits of zero CG while reviewing the Cobra King LTD driver, both on and off the course. That Cobra has managed to accomplish this in a package that makes sense and looks good brings me a lot of excitement for what is in store over the next year or two.

Dr Yagley with another great interview, he has a great on camera presence.

Another "genius" we're so fortunate to have access to. Even if they make me feel dumb when it comes to gold and equipment hahaha

Yagley was without a doubt my favorite person to interview at the show. This is only a small piece of what is yet to come from him.

So what are the benefits of having CG on this neutral axis? What, if any, are the detriments of 0 CG?

He pretty much broke that down! Great info for sure.

can't wait for the whole interview with yagley. information without the fluff and hyperbole.

These Yagley videos are crazy informative!

He's extremely intelligent and if you ever get a chance to talk to him in person he's seriously just one of the guys. CPG has a good one in him

Post removed.
THP only allows linking to sites that honor embargo dates (which is almost all).

He's extremely intelligent and if you ever get a chance to talk to him in person he's seriously just one of the guys. CPG has a good one in him

His background is kind of cool too.
Boeing and then golf.

So while interviewing him he just looks back at me with a smirk with almost every word out of his mouth. The look on his face is, let's see if you can look at me and not laugh.

His background is kind of cool too.
Boeing and then golf.

How he got into golf is pretty neat too. He was working for Boeing and had a friend who lived in Myrtle Beach who told him about an add in the newspaper that was looking for an engineer to work for a golf company designing golf balls. He didn't even know who the company was when he submitted his resume. Ended up being Maxfli. Then he goes to Callaway and his first ball was the Rule 35. Fast forward to now and you can really see his touches on the Cobra equipment. So cool when you look at it

Post removed.
THP only allows linking to sites that honor embargo dates (which is almost all).

Sorry about that. Just trying to help CRW with his question about CG placement. Hopefully you or someone else can provide the information that he (and likely many others) are looking for.

How many takes did Dean need to get the right answer? :tongue:

I've never heard the term zero CG before, but it makes sense. Another fun interview with somebody who loves his work (which has been noted from many others)

Another "genius" we're so fortunate to have access to. Even if they make me feel dumb when it comes to gold and equipment hahaha

Haha I agree, but they do awesome at explaining it and much easier to understand!

I like this graph showing CG and MOI. The King LTD is without peer now when it comes to low CG with high MOI. I guess we can have our cake and eat it too!

KINGLTD-CGNA.gif

I like this graph showing CG and MOI. The King LTD is without peer now when it comes to low CG with high MOI. I guess we can have our cake and eat it too!

KINGLTD-CGNA.gif
Just curious, where's something like that come from? And how accurate is it.

Just curious, where's something like that come from? And how accurate is it.

It will be gone soon enough because it's from the same site where I tried to link from and my post was deleted. But FWIW, I believe their research.

Back