What Is It About THP.............

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Back at the beginning of August last year while browsing about things golf related I came across THP and on a whim decide to join. Thought it would be cool to join a place that shared the same obsession passion as I do. :D Boy, have I had my eyes opened. There is just so much more to golf than I ever imagined. So many more things I had no knowledge about such as equipment, just golf knowledge in general, the topics are to numerous to list. And then there are the people who make up this forums, such as JB, Canadan, just to name a few and this list goes on with the people who make the THP a mecca of Golf. I've yet to actually meet anybody from the THP forums but look forward to the opportunity when it happens.

Ok, sorry for getting long winded. So my questions to you about THP are; What drew you here to THP? What are the things you like best about THP? And generally whatever else comes to mind.

Last edited:

I was looking for a forum that had more daily action with strong content and sharing users. Some of the forums out there are sort of dry. I just joined not long ago and really like this forum. It is well suited to what I was looking for.

Like may were are drawn to click and remain loyal for years.

Best Honest resource for information and reviews.

Any question. Some one, somewhere has the answer.

For me it’s the people. THP is full of great people and good conversation, rarely does it get pretty or obnoxious.

People for me & the content is by far great!!!

Back at the beginning of August last year while browsing about things golf related I came across THP and on a whim decide to join. Thought it would cool to join a place that shared the same obsession passion as I do. :D Boy, have I had my eyes opened. There is just so much more to golf than I ever imagined. So many more things I had no knowledge about such as equipment, just golf knowledge in general, the topics are to numerous to list. And then there are the people who make up this forums, such as JB, Canadan, just to name a few and this list goes on with the people who make the THP a mecca of Golf. I've yet to actually meet anybody from the THP forums but look forward to the opportunity when it happens.

Ok, sorry for getting long winded. So my questions to you about THP are; What drew you here to THP? What are the things you like best about THP? And generally whatever else comes to mind.
Definitely try to go to a THP gathering in your area.

The THPer'S are even Better. ALIVE!:ROFLMAO::geek::ROFLMAO:

I was looking for reviews and found this place. I stayed because of the people and the knowledge that was being shared.

THPers are the best part of THP. Big mix of golfers across all skill levels and ages who are passionate about golf. There is a level of humility here that is refreshing, and yet the opportunity to learn is still top notch. I also love how THPers embrace the events and experiences with full passion and reverence. This is a fun and comfortable “place” to be a golfer with other golfers. Each morning I look forward to seeing what people are posting and thinking and finding opportunities to engage.

For me it’s the people. THP is full of great people and good conversation, rarely does it get pretty or obnoxious.

People #1. For me they are the core of what THP is about and continues to be. The content and the reviews are great, they come not only from staff, but also from THPers themselves. There are some many different types of golfers that you will find someone with your similar game and begin to draw some comparisons to help you make an informed decision.

I think the best part is we can have "spirited" discussions on all topics without it getting rude or ugly. Sure some may get frustrated from time to time, but trolling is self policed and the best I've seen on any online forum (golf or otherwise)

THPers are the best part of THP. Big mix of golfers across all skill levels and ages who are passionate about golf. There is a level of humility here that is refreshing, and yet the opportunity to learn is still top notch. I also love how THPers embrace the events and experiences with full passion and reverence. This is a fun and comfortable “place” to be a golfer with other golfers. Each morning I look forward to seeing what people are posting and thinking and finding opportunities to engage.

Wow, I think that describes THP to a tee (sorry no pun intended, maybe :D).

For me it started with reviews, but i stayed and fell in love with the people. Now, the reviews are secondary.

1. People acting like Richards is not tolerated.
2. The content is phenomenal, the reviews are unbiased and thorough and all questions are fielded and answered in a cordial manner.

I found THP when it kept popping up on google searches. I was intrigued enough to join and became active immediately. Within a few months I had attended my first experience and was hooked by equipment and the tech involved. I am a mechanic so understanding how and why things work is in my nature.

I had THP and a couple of other golf forums bookmarked for a few years, for when I wanted to find equipment reviews. After awhile it seemed like I always gravitated to the THP reviews, as they just seemed to be better, with input from a greater variety of golfers. So I finally signed up for the forum, and was I ever surprised by the variety of content!, Not only that, but when I posted my intro thread I was immediately invited to a local outing! WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!!

I came here the first time looking at a review. I then got drawn in to the conversation that was going on about the club and really enjoyed how everyone got along so well and gave great feedback. I'll be honest though, at first the fact that the forum did giveaways was a pretty big draw just because I had never heard of a place that did something like that.

What kept me here though was the people. After getting the chance to meet some THPer's and see how great they are I couldn't see leaving. Now I have some extremely good friends that I've met through here that I'm very fortunate to talk to every day.

People #1. For me they are the core of what THP is about and continues to be. The content and the reviews are great, they come not only from staff, but also from THPers themselves. There are some many different types of golfers that you will find someone with your similar game and begin to draw some comparisons to help you make an informed decision.

I think the best part is we can have "spirited" discussions on all topics without it getting rude or ugly. Sure some may get frustrated from time to time, but trolling is self policed and the best I've seen on any online forum (golf or otherwise)

Totally agree here. I always assumed the main reason THP avoided so much negativity was that so many of the members have actually met & played with a lot of other THPers. It's tougher to be a d**k online if you know that person.

But I think it might go deeper than this. I hadn't met anyone when I first joined (for putter reviews & other club info). But guys like Jman & Canadan & Tadshi70 & Mikedean441 (and a ton more) were always welcoming and encouraged people to share their thoughts & questions. It's always been a friendlier site IMHO.

I enjoy golf, equipment, and like to talk about it. I don't have a regular golf group. I tend to play solo almost all the time. So I come to talk golf and equipment etc.

Definitely try to go to a THP gathering in your area.

The THPer'S are even Better. ALIVE!:ROFLMAO::geek::ROFLMAO:
How do you know about the THP gatherings in your area? Is there a link to where they are held?

What drew me to THP? I was just starting to learn the game and I was looking for knowledge mostly.

What keeps me coming back? Plain and simple it’s the community JB and GG built. The people and atmosphere are awesome. I still enjoy the knowledge and learning aspect for sure but you just don’t find such a great community everyday. Especially on the internet where people hide behind their keyboard to act like a bunch of Richards.

Oft imitated, never duplicated.

There is no golf COMMUNITY out there like this one.

Oh it doesn’t get pretty when I’m around but I’ve been known to be petty :p

I came here first in 2017 to read reviews about the Callaway Epic. I joined THP then but was not active. I came back in 2019 to read reviews on the Callaway Epic Flash. At that time, I became active on the forum.
Why did I stay? Because I enjoy it here. I have never met a THPer (that will change in May) but I feel welcome here. I have never once hit a Epic or Epic Flash but I’m still here around the forum.

Back