What is the scariest thing you witnessed or happened on the golf course?

Without question, the scariest thing I've ever seen on the golf course was in a pond off the 18th hole at my first official THP event, the Atlanta Tour Van Stop.
Hahahahahahhahahahahah

yesssss.

And it was in a different spot he next day.

I wasn't there when it happened, but I had been planning to get in 9 at Penmar that day.... I guess it doesn't count since it wasn't me, but I bet whomever was playing that hole probably had a mess in his pants.

635611788560703141-IMG-20150305-155654.jpg

Was that Harrison Ford's plane?

Without question, the scariest thing I've ever seen on the golf course was in a pond off the 18th hole at my first official THP event, the Atlanta Tour Van Stop.
Ive tried to erase that from the memory bit it gets mentioned a few times a year

The closest I've come to being hit was playing with 441 and two randoms, I went long left on a par 3 was standing behind the green when one of the others guys who was short right thinned his wedge right at me.

Watched my buddy take a 5w shot to the eye. It was nasty! Blood everywhere huge gash over his eye. Took several stitches to close him up. This was on a Friday and by Sunday he looked like he was in a Rocky movie.

Watched my buddy take a 5w shot to the eye. It was nasty! Blood everywhere huge gash over his eye. Took several stitches to close him up. This was on a Friday and by Sunday he looked like he was in a Rocky movie.

Same thing happened to my friend in high school. It was terrible. Had ended up having a broken bone or two in the face.

Same thing happened to my friend in high school. It was terrible. Had ended up having a broken bone or two in the face.

Yeah my buddy had no broken bone somehow but he looked awful. He went about a month with a black eye. We had our yearly golf masters tourney that weekend which he mange to win somehow. The guys at his work did not believe he got hit with a golf ball but thought he was in a fight.

A friend I was playing with teed off on a par four and hit a huge long, high hook that was heading right for two guys standing on a par 3 tee box waiting to hit. We must've yelled FORE! about 8 times before the ball arrived and one of the guys went down like he was shot. We ran to the tee box and he was hit in the forehead near the hairline, bleeding and not moving - thought he was dead. Luckily he was just knocked out. Called for an ambulance, he woke up but had a huge knot on his head and blood pouring down his face. They took him to the hospital and we finished our round, not too well btw. We heard later that he was OK and actually went back to finish his round after he got out that day.

Probably for me would be watching my old man take a ball under the arm pit I believe is where it hit him. Guys were teeing off on 9 and we were on 1 putting it's a real shank to get it the ball where he did and I thought he got stung by a bee or something because I didn't hear it. The welt it left on him was ridiculous and he didn't even go down! Ever since that day I've been pretty afraid of getting hit lol.

Played alone one time. I was about to get off the cart and there was grey long snake passed by near my cart. I freaked out and jumped back to the cart. I think we both freaked out.

Might sound relatively mild but it wasn't fun at the time... walking a local exec course that plays back thru the woods. At the farthest edge of the course I walked up to a tee box and noticed a deer in the FW. No big deal; they're on this course all the time.

Lined up, chose a club, addressed the ball, took another look and - two deer, now about 25 yards away.

Hit my shot, put the club back in the bag, looked up again - three deer now, all watching me like a hawk from no more than 20 yards. They weren't at all worried about me. Makes me wonder if they were protecting their young or something.

I took the long way around them to the hole. They stood their ground and never took their eyes off of me. Just an odd situation where I was actually considering what club to swing at them if they came my way.

Playing with my dad and two buddies when we were teenagers.. My friend was driving the cart, and I was in the passenger side. My dad had the other cart, and my other buddy who was playing with him was on the other side of the fairway where we were, so he jumps on the hood to make the short drive up with us. My friend driving our cart decides to go down a hill and jam on the brakes... next thing I know, I fly out, just missing a tree. The guy who was on the hood was under the cart - all you could see was his legs, and he was screaming "get it off, get it off!" ( tbh - after I found out he was o.k - I laughed my a$$ off - it looked like the witch under the house in the Wizard of Oz! )Luckily, he was o.k. We didn't talk much the rest of that round... Amazingly my dad never saw what happened - probably a good thing!

My first time actually playing golf was on a pitch and putt. My buddy gave me a quick lesson on how to chip onto the green, etc. He's standing by the hole on the 3rd green, and I'm around 4 feet from the green, maybe 30 ft from the hole. I go to chip it. It flew off the club like a slapshot. Hit him in the nuts and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. He was OK a few minutes later...but the noise he made going down was pretty scary.

Some buds and I were playing a hole bordered by an extremely wide and deep ditch. One of my buds forgot to put his cart in reverse and flew into the ditch. He looked like Evil Knievel jumping the Snake River. We immediately ran over to him because we thought he would be major hurt. While the cart needed some repair, the only thing my friend required was some clean pants. That ditch is now forever known as "Danny's Ditch".

For me, its snakes, I hate snakes. If I see a snake anywhere within the vicinity of my ball, that ball is lost.

My dad collapsing in the 7th fairway of our home course 10+ years ago. I can remember it like it was yesterday.... Terrifying.

Two for me.

About 10 years ago, finished playing one green and behind it was the next tee, elevated. Watching the guys behind hit into the green, one went 15 yards too long, went straight into the side of the elevated tee (which was a 45 degree angle), and then proceeded to bounce back and hit me in the face. No shout of fore. If it hadn't been for the immense pain I'd have wrapped an iron round his head!

Second was last year, again just finished a par 3 hole and stood on the side of the next tee. The guys behind shout fore, and do the obligatory put one hand over the head while the other is on my trolley. Wait an eternity, take my hand off my head, then about a second later the ball lands in the middle of my bag, about 2 foot away from my head. Would have been a TKO I'm sure!

So the most embarrassing thing on the golf course thread got me thinking about what is the scariest thing that you have seen or has happened to you on the course. We all know how great this game is there are so many great memories but sometimes crazy stuff happens. There are three heart stopping moments I can recall.

1) I remember hitting a drive a fairway over and had to go over a teebox to get back into my fairway. I got a little over confident and thinned a ball right over another groups cart and it scared the heck out of me.

2) The second was on fathers day 2 years ago up in Wisconsin. We played a course where #1 tee box was right next to #10 tee box but #10 was about 20 yards to the left and 20 yards ahead. My uncle snapped hooked a drive over a group of ladies teeing off and once again my heart dropped.

3) The last time was when I was working at my home course and got a phone call saying a guy passed out on the green. I had to get the ambulance out to the 2nd hole and the paramedics worked on him for 20 minutes and finally got a pulse. So scary sitting with his friend assuring him that things will be OK.

I don't mean for this to be depressing but this definitely brought up some memories that I hope no one experiences but is a part of golf.

On a lighter note, my buddy got hit in the stomach by Bubba Watson's tee ball at the Ryder Cup a couple years ago haha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Going back looking at old threads and noticed this. I am the buddy that got hit by Bubba in the Stomach at the Ryder cup. And this post was made before I even joined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in the DC area. I was playing golf with my wife at a little hole in wall course called Maple Run. It was July and 90 something degrees outside when these guys came up to me and wife to tell us we had to leave the course. I started to argue when these guys in black coats made it very clear we had to leave so Clinton could play golf alone.

I live in the DC area. I was playing golf with my wife at a little hole in wall course called Maple Run. It was July and 90 something degrees outside when these guys came up to me and wife to tell us we had to leave the course. I started to argue when these guys in black coats made it very clear we had to leave so Clinton could play golf alone.
Forget that! You payed to play. He was probably a cheater anyways

The closest I've come to being hit was playing with 441 and two randoms, I went long left on a par 3 was standing behind the green when one of the others guys who was short right thinned his wedge right at me.
I did that to War Eagle first time I met him. Almost took his head off, no big deal

I did that to War Eagle first time I met him. Almost took his head off, no big deal

And I haven't been back to Ohio since.

Back