What is the shortest drive you have ever hit?

Total whiff is my worst. Haven't done it in a while, but I'm definitely guilty in the past haha

One of the classics I saw was at a course called FoxDen I believe, 441 might have pictures of it. Some guy with a screen name similar to nnaynarb drove a ball into the ground. We all looked up thinking he hit a sky ball and then looked down and 6in in front of the tee was his ball 2in into the ground lol. We all laughed and then I think he hit hit 3w 60yds further than my drive went.

I've topped my fair share of drives off the #1 tee box before, a few not passing the forward tees. Shortest guess, 10 yards...maybe a little less.

I was a total nervous disaster teeing off on a first hole. I topped the ball so lightly that it fell off the tee about an inch! Lol

i didn't know the group but I'm sure they thought I was terrible! I tee'd it back up and hit it straight down the fairway, best drive of the group and even beat them all on the hole, lol.

I've topped a few and popped some straight up in the air. 10-20 yards maybe?

-25 or so, hit a limb and bounded towards us. That was really embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shortest with a driver is about 10 yards, I was completely hung over and was seeing triple on the first tee, I hit about 3 feet behind the ball. So embarrassing. But one time I was "Playing it safe" with a 4 iron, only to skull it and hit the white tees a few yards ahead of us and bounce about 10 yards behind me. So yeah that would be my shortest drive off a tee before, an impressive -10 yards when I was trying to play it safe. lol

Have to update my entry. Hit a 2 yarder yesterday. Topped the ball badly, it made a divot in the ground, ticked the side of the tee marker, and dribbled forward at an angle.

Whne I was in high school we played on a very foggy day. One hole had high voltage power lines to the right - big metal towers that were not OB. I hit a drive that disappeared into the fog. Then we heard the "bongggg!" of a ball hitting metal, and had to scatter as the ball came out of the haze right at us. It ended up twenty yards behind the tee.

So: minus 20 is my worst ever.

Don't ask me how I managed it, but my shortest never left the box. I suspect the drinks may have come into play, but I'm not one to make excuses (unless that helps). Anyway, I was finally talked into playing a round with some guys from work. I was mildly intimidated because it was the owner and his brother. As expected, they had been messing with me pretty much all day (good spirited fun) but completely lost it when I drilled my drive off my left shin. Do you realize how bad you have to be to hit a drive off your own leg? I have never seen two people laugh so hard in my entire life! After destroying my leg, with extreme prejudice, my ball casually rolled out about 5 feet or so. No more drinking on the course for me.

i used to play in a charity event that had a shortest drive hole..the shortest drive winner got a can of tennis balls

Was on a golf trip with a few friends and we went to a course called Rivers Edge. Cant remember what the hole # was but I Hit my drive smacked a tree and ended up on the green from the previous hole, that was behind us. On a positive note that was technically a better approach shot that i hit when we were playing that hole.

I've whiffed a time or two over the years but one time I fired off a worm burner that hit a tree about 30 yards from the tee box and ended up about 20 yards behind me. So -20 !!

Was on a golf trip with a few friends and we went to a course called Rivers Edge. Cant remember what the hole # was but I Hit my drive smacked a tree and ended up on the green from the previous hole, that was behind us. On a positive note that was technically a better approach shot that i hit when we were playing that hole.
We had something similar happen to us at the Hilton Head Invitational last year. We were hitting out of a tunnel of trees and a couple of us clipped the trees and ended up right beside the par 3 green that we just finished. I think someone (not going to call any names) ended up in the greenside bunker.

Played with a guy that teed his ball up crazy high, straight hit the tee and the ball fell straight where the tee was originally planted in the ground a 0 yard drive. Mine I was playing the blues hit the white tee marker about 25 yards a head of me it popped up and came back and landed behind me on the tee box.

Played with a guy that teed his ball up crazy high, straight hit the tee and the ball fell straight where the tee was originally planted in the ground a 0 yard drive. Mine I was playing the blues hit the white tee marker about 25 yards a head of me it popped up and came back and landed behind me on the tee box.
If you don't actually hit the ball, would it count?

Nope, you actually have to hit the ball to have a shortest hit!

The shortest I remember was about 50 yards. It was at the first hole of my home course in high school and I hit a blackbird mid-air about 40 yards off the tee a literally blew it up. The humor was well worth the bogey it cost me.

I once swung at the ball as it fell off the tee. It dropped right in front of the tee and I had to count one stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well, I hit probably the longest drive (about 475+ yrds) to ever net 0 yards forwards but did net about 40 yrds horizontally

Uphill fairway. Hit drive slice right and at about 200plus yrds or so hits dead solid loud "clunk" at top of tall tress. Ball shoots way high up and back towards us but lands on a service rd that runs parallel with the hole layout but now traveling downhill instead of up. So now the ball takes huge bounces "click"........ "click"........"click"........"click".....and so on than smller ones and so on till it comes to rest about even with tee box except of course about 30 yrds over. Total ball actual travel distance besides the 200 each way (= 400) if including several high bounces and many lower ones must have been near 500 yrds.:banana: LOL But all I got from it was hitting 2 from basically tee box distance and from rough and under trees :beat-up:

Weird part is- as memorable as it was (and we all laughed a lot) I cant ever remember what I actually scored on the hole.:confused2:
In fact outside that actual drive (which I cant ever forget) I cant remember anything else about playing the hole. I guess that just stands out too much all by itself.

Back