What is the worst team name in major professional sports??

baylrballa

2024 WWGC Food and Drink Champion
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
>10
I was just looking up why they are the Buffalo Bills.

And thats the leader in the clubhouse for me.

Commanders

Browns.

Sounds like a turd. Maybe it’s fitting.

Commanders. Also the Cleveland Guardians.

Utah Jazz. Salt Lake City isn’t a very funky place.

as a fan of the Houston Texans I can't really say much. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black kind of situation.

A better question - why are Ohio sports teams saddled with horrible names?

as a fan of the Houston Texans I can't really say much. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black kind of situation.
Ok, our team historically is not good, but at least the name Texans is respectable

Ok, our team historically is not good, but at least the name Texans is respectable
The name Texans is kind of bland and boring to me. I remember it being my least favorite of the options in the "fan voting" they held when the team was being created.

The name Texans is kind of bland and boring to me. I remember it being my least favorite of the options in the "fan voting" they held when the team was being created.
It’s bland but better than Browns, which is basically saying “our team is named after a shart “

Seattle Kraken. Commanders is a close second.

Arizona Cardinals is dumb. They have the diamondbacks, coyotes, and Sun's. I mean so many cool names left.

Lakers and Dodgers are based on previous cities.

Titans is lame

Sox teams are dumb

Roughnecks was a solid choice and made sense with the oil industry. Also I thought the Houston 1836 was an awesome name opportunity. Dynamo is not bad but not awesome.

The two most recent rebrand with guardians and commanders have both been huge swing and misses. I’ll go with guardians mostly because it seems like they put no thought into it and wanted to save money on only replacing a couple letters on their signs.

Kraken is a cool name. Commanders and Guardians are dumb.

I agree with so many others. Commanders and Guardians for sure.

Cleveland Guardians!
Such an awful “replacement” name.
Followed closely by Washington Commanders! I get the connection but, it’s a terrible name!

Back