Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Over 80MPH

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • UNDER 80MPH

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what you're saying, Im betting it was ball speed, but at the same time all the charts Ive seen, given my carry on my old 3 wood, I should be swinging at least 125mph

What do you carry it with that 3w? Can get a pretty good guess on your ss from that.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Me, I'm over 110, but not by much. I focus more on tempo and getting around the ball than i do about how fast I'm swinging. Like everyone else, I can always move up if I am not hitting it far enough.

Just did a search for Bridgestone ball fittings and found an interview with Bridgestone. They have done over 150,000 ball fittings so have a GREAT sample to figure out average swing speed. According to them, amateur golfers average 95 mph with driver.

http://www.golftipsmag.com/equipment/more-golf-equipment/five-questions-with-bridgestone-golf.html

Considering the lengths they go to validate golf ball selection for people, I'll believe 95mph 100% -- And frankly it rings true with who I play golf with..

Mid-season form is low 90s.

I would say about 104 mph +/- 4 mph. I was hitting on launch monitor today. I got it up to 109 but only once.

Me, I'm over 110, but not by much. I focus more on tempo and getting around the ball than i do about how fast I'm swinging. Like everyone else, I can always move up if I am not hitting it far enough.

Considering the lengths they go to validate golf ball selection for people, I'll believe 95mph 100% -- And frankly it rings true with who I play golf with..

they may be defining average golfer as someone with a ghin, that means 16 handicap or better

that may be 95mph

but just go to a golf store with a monitor

all day long you see people that get no where near 90mph

so it may be how bridgestone defines an average golfer

average ghin is better than bogey, but 90% of people who golf cannot break 100

so do the people who don't have a less than bogey ghin not count as 'average'

they may be defining average golfer as someone with a ghin, that means 16 handicap or better

that may be 95mph

but just go to a golf store with a monitor

all day long you see people that get no where near 90mph

so it may be how bridgestone defines an average golfer

average ghin is better than bogey, but 90% of people who golf cannot break 100

so do the people who don't have a less than bogey ghin not count as 'average'

Bridgestone doesn't track your handicap when you get a ball fitting. They track your numbers on the monitor. 95 would be the average of the 150K amateur golfers they have fitted. It's a legit number.

Its actually 250,000 now and the last stat I saw with them showed that exact same thing.

Bridgestone doesn't track your handicap when you get a ball fitting. They track your numbers on the monitor. 95 would be the average of the 150K amateur golfers they have fitted. It's a legit number.

seems high to me, my opinion is based on what has been written about s/s for years, it's not that fast

now maybe like a ghin, the people going to fittings are better golfers, so a higher s/s

but if you go to your local muni and start testing the golfers that tee it up that day

out of the 200 or so, 90% will not break 90mph

now are these people who are playing golf not going to fittings?

most of them never get a ghin, that's why ghin is so low compared to the real world

now if I offended anyone with my skeptical nature of 90% or so of the users here having unusual swing speeds my apologies

however, I see swings every day, I'm on the course everyday, I'm usually 70 yards past people all day and I'm not that fast

the average person golfing does not get near 90mph

I wish they did, it would make golf easier to play for the better players that have to drag the average player along with them

now like ghin cappers, the average ghin is 16 or so, you know how rare the golfer is who can break 90 is?

again, just go to the muni and start counting shots, most people have 6 shots before they hit the first green

haha

so I guess it's how you define AVERAGE

now maybe this forum is just like ghin, filled with non-average golfers who all break 90 all the time and swing 90+ mph

If you are a 16 capper, you shoot under 90 a lot

If that this forum?

It's not normal golfers I've seen in 35 years or so of playing the game

most golfers can't break 110

yet ghin average is 16 range

now if you believe the average s/s of the average golfer is 95mph, great

I do not

I've seen way too many people struggling to hit it 200 yards to believe that

What sources are you referencing in that first line? And we can go round and round about the "average" golfer....and again, forums like THP and some others are not the average golfing data set.

Not to derail the thread, but it's difficult to read some of your responses due to the lack of complete sentences or punctuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back