What is your favorite shot tracking device?

What is your favorite shot tracking device?

• Arccos

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Shot Scope

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Garmin or other watch w/o sensors

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • The Grint

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I am curious what everybody’s favorite shot tracking device is and why.

I’ve tried a few. Loved the Garmin s20 that I had but wanted more stats. Tried Arccos as I got a set with a club purchase, great stats but disliked phone in pocket. Yea I could have tried the Link but just another cost. Also disliked subscription. Also missed gps easily accessible on your wrist. Also in the 2-3mo trial that I had it for, had atleast a handful of sensors go bad. Yes they replace for free but still a hassle.

Then came shotscope. Gps on your wrist, no subscription. Has great stats. Best of all worlds imo.

Admittedly, I only have first-hand experience with Arccos and I quite enjoy it. Accurate for me over the past 3 seasons, greats stats, and helped my game immensely! I don’t like the annual fee though, and I wish the sensors weren’t so intrusively large.

I want to try Shot Scope. Mainly because of the sensor size, but also because of the fee structure.

I use The Grint. I don’t track every shot in terms of distances but it has the capability of during a round I’m curious I’ll use it to validate my numbers.

The H4 is the one I use as it was similar to what I've used in the past. Don't track shots on my app anymore, and don't wear a watch.

Although it seems all the companies in this category have tech issues between OS's, this one seems pretty good.

I've had to adjust pin location even though I pin collect (stupid satelites), as well as putts and some shots under trees🤪. Many of the shortcomings I've seen so far are from satellite reception and pinpointing location. It's gotta be tough with such small receiver's. Android has been giving me fits with connection for uploading and course updates, but I put that on android and not Shot Scope.

Overall I'm pretty empressed so far. What really keeps me going is their service. Haven't experienced this type of response in a long while.

Been using shot scope for 1.5yrs and love it

I might add that I'm really looking forward to the stats/info that Shot Scope will eventually give me. I'm thinking after 20 rounds it will start painting a picture. Probably not the picture I want though:D.

I have a good idea where my short comings are but this device will frame it for me.

I tried Arccos, but ultimately gave up on it because I spent more time muddling with the app to ensure it got the shot than I did playing golf. When it worked, it was great technology - just play like you normally would and it takes care of itself. Great idea in theory.

Then I moved over to Shot Scope, which was instantly awesome despite having to include a quick tap into my pre-shot routine. Easy enough to modify during the post-round review if one gets missed. While I like the fact that you have to review and sign off on your round before you can post it, I struggle remembering some of the shots. Basically if I can't be 100% certain I just make sure the final numbers match the card I keep in my pocket. Unfortunately my device is currently non-functional but I'm hopeful that it will get resolved soon. Despite that issue I wouldn't hesitate to recommend SS to other golfers.

Shot scope V3 for sure. I can track shots and be completely phone-free during the round.

ShotScope by a lot.

I am pretty dyed in the wool Arccos, but I have the built in sensors on my irons and it makes a world of difference. I have wanted to like Shot Scope and have the V3, but every time I have used it, it misses more shots than Arccos ever does per round.

Shot Scope, although the V3 is the only tracking device I've used. Although from what I've seen from the main ones, I don't think my vote would change.

Have used both arccos and Shotscope. Both have worked well for me. Enjoy the gps yardages in the V3 watch. I need to get into a better routine with the Shotscope. I don’t always hit button for number of putts. Get involved with conversation going on in the group or screwing with playing partners over their game. Unit has worked great and company support is awesome.

I am pretty dyed in the wool Arccos, but I have the built in sensors on my irons and it makes a world of difference. I have wanted to like Shot Scope and have the V3, but every time I have used it, it misses more shots than Arccos ever does per round.
1000% this. I want to love shot scope but it isn’t as consistent with shot capturing. Both have plenty of flaws

I like my ShotScope V3. There's no subscription.:) It's got good stats.. It tells me I suck at golf.:ROFLMAO:

I honestly don't know at this point...haven't used much. I hope to find one I like and can work with consistently.

Found arccos and several phone GPS apps way more trouble than they were worth.

So incomplete for now.

Really enjoying ShotScope H4. It might not be for everybody, but you can use the V3 as well. I like the H4 because I can still wear my fitbit

1000% this. I want to love shot scope but it isn’t as consistent with shot capturing. Both have plenty of flaws
This is good feedback as someone who has been gently toying with the idea of trying Shot Scope with my Morgan Cup bag.

I very rarely have missed shots with Arccos.

This was me during a shot scope trial. It missed several swings or had the wrong club, more so than Arccos, but I enjoyed the stats and like the fee structure. Not sure which app is more appealing yet.

I went with Arccos, for now. If the Link didn't exist, I would've gotten rid of it a long time ago. Relying on my android phone to sense the shots was a disaster - more missed shots than recorded ones, at times. I'll probably stick with it until the batteries start to die.

I like Shot Scope's sensors and putting stats a lot better. I got the V3 a couple months before I got called up for the Morgan Cup. If not for that, I'd still be using it for tracking (the watch is still essential for F/M/B distances).

This is good feedback as someone who has been gently toying with the idea of trying Shot Scope with my Morgan Cup bag.

I very rarely have missed shots with Arccos.
If one works for you, run with it. And more data means more accuracy, so longevity will help too

If one works for you, run with it. And more data means more accuracy, so longevity will help too
This is good advice.

I enjoyed Arccos, but the subscription was the downfall.

Have played Shot Scope this year. Really enjoy not having to need my phone, and the stats it provides. Plus no subscription.

Shot Scope for sure.

Back