What is your least favorite household chore?

Dishes and laundry. Neither are that bad but they… Just. Never. End.

Outside stuff: About 5 years ago I finally broke down and hired a lawn guy. Best money I ever spent. Between him and the pool guy my outside chore burden is minimal. Combined they are probably around $300 per month but it’s so worth it.

It’s the socks. It’s all the little tiny three-year-old’s socks that I’m trying to match up.
Fire Elmo GIF

You hit in your first post. Folding clothes. Absolutely hate it with all the tiny kids clothes we have to fold.

****Checks first post time****

Ok, 22 minutes with a couple of breaks. Not bad…

Still have 2 more loads today.
Screaming Dying Inside GIF

Keeping the poison ivy under control. Chit refuses to just die and go away. My wife probably says the same thing about me.

Cleaning the toilet's. Or power washing the house and around the pool and that is about every other week.
Power wash the house every other week? How dirty is where you live?

Anything that the wife tells me I am did wrong after finishing. She then does the exact same thing I did. 🤷‍♂️

+1 to Bathroom cleaning. For sure my least favorite thing to do.

Least favorite? Mirrors-- I hate doing mirrors because I always leave streaks and then my wife comes back behind me and does it again.

Dishes

Cleaning the kitchen after my wife cooks... She could heat a can of chicken noodle soup and somehow, some way, it will take 30 minutes to fix the mess 🤣

It's just the constant clutter from the 9 and 11 year olds. It never ends

Floors or toilets. Toss up there

Windows are a pain in the ass

Least favorite? Mirrors-- I hate doing mirrors because I always leave streaks and then my wife comes back behind me and does it again.
Plan should be getting close to being successful? That or she knows and doesn't mind the quick touchups. Time for more streaks.

That’s a tough call between dishes that never end or mowing the yard every week. We were dumb and bought a house on the corner so the edging alone takes almost 2 hours.

Laundry is the worst. Thank goodness I'm not doing it for 5 people anymore at least.

That's wild
I am not a fan...I've pushed power washing for about two months and I am kicking myself as I know what I will be doing this weekend.

It's a tie. 100% either folding laundry or loading the dishwasher. The 2nd don't make any sense since I don't have to wash them by hand but for some reason I hate loading that thing :LOL:

Yard work. I mowed yards in high school and then we mowed a couple of Corp of Engineer lakes for a couple years while in college to help pay my tuition. Also, dishes after managing in the restaurant business for a few years and having to jump back on occasion to help in the dish pit when it was backed up.

Chore Power Rankings (Don't hate ----> Hate)

1. Making the bed - I have learned from maids, Marines, and hospital staff, I have techniques
2. Car - I keep it clean anyway so not a lot of work to be done here.
3. Vacuum - Again the house is generally clean, a little tidying and then the vacuum is easy.
4. Laundry - Marie Kondo style folding and hanging.
5. Kitchen - Nothing more satisfying as making a huge mess and cleaning it up in the kitchen. You can go overboard on cleaning product and blame sanitizing.
6. Outside - I don't have grass so it really is just making sure weeds don't get out of control.
7. Bathroom - I just never know when to stop chasing perfection on the shower glass. It's clean but there are streaks.....
8. Mopping - Just not fun.
9. The stupid stuff my wife has to do - Dusting blinds, cleaning fan blades, wiping baseboards

Since we don't live in our home in Henderson, NV, preferring the small town, safer life in Boulder City, NV. after our NPS volunteer days we continue to live in in our RV.

The worst household chore I have is dumping our black water holding tank into the city's sewer system once a month.

it takes 2-3 dumps t completely flush the system. About 30 minutes.

Back