What is your most comfortable distance?

Last year with my old clubs it was 120, a full PW. Now I have a new set, so I am learning them. But the early leader is going to be 60y with my Smart Sole C.

7 iron finish up from around 170-180 to the front of the green.

Tapping Away

For me it's 100-120 yards (PW and 9 iron).

100 and 120 are generally perfect for me

I feel ok with full swings from my 8 iron thru my 54 degree wedge. So about 90- 95 yards up to 155 or so. Beyond 160 enters the possibility to hit a hook with a 7 iron. Last year was the first season I was pretty comfortable & confident with that 7 iron but this is a new year...

Now second part of the question. How many of you TRY to get to that number? Not saying laying up on a short par 4 obviously.

I'm most comfortable at 100, giving me my scor 54* in my hands. I am also very comfortable at 150 with my 8 iron. I tend to try to get to one of these as much as I can, especially laying up on par 5's.

For me it's 120-70...I feel comfortable going at the green from those distances.

I always try to lay up to that yardage when the opportunity presents itself.

Now second part of the question. How many of you TRY to get to that number? Not saying laying up on a short par 4 obviously.

On a par 5, I actively try to put myself 100 out. If that's not possible, I go down to 150. On a par 4, I start considering driver alternatives when less club will get me to or inside 150. Don't always pick another club but it's definitely a consideration.

For me it's 120-70...I feel comfortable going at the green from those distances.

I always try to lay up to that yardage when the opportunity presents itself.

This has made a world of difference in my scoring. As soon as I started doing it at the suggestion of several THPer's I dropped 2-3 strokes.

What is your most comfortable distance?

This has made a world of difference in my scoring. As soon as I started doing it at the suggestion of several THPer's I dropped 2-3 strokes.

I quickly realized my ball striking with longer irons was hot or miss. So I concentrated on 120 & in to help lower scores until I could get my swing ironed out. This also forces me to be less aggressive and check my ego.

I went from low 100's to mid 90's in the matter of a few rounds by doing this.

Mine is 120-135 yards. I love my pitching wedge and 50 degree clubs. Two of my best clubs in my bag.

70-90 with any of my wedges. I do well with them on full shots, but no so well on short pitches/tosses.

I am with you buddy...100 yards is my magic number....really 100-110 yds.

75 yards....just a perfect little, easy SW. I also like 100-110, and about 140-150.

Big fan of 150-170yds

If we are talking t shots, I like to leave myself a full gap or pitch.

Favorite area to take shots from, 75 and under. I love playing around the green.

My absolute favorite distance is 63 yards, I know pretty specific but that is a perfect 3/4 wedge for me. After that I would say 135 would be my preferred leave distance.

I'll say 95-105, but I can manage to make a hash of any shot from any yardage.

110 full Gap or 125 Full pitch wedge

I play every par 4 or 5 with my second shot in mind. Distances I like are 115 and 135 what ever club off the tee is going to get me closest to either of those distances is what I will pull for the tee shot.

Also 100. I have 3 clubs I can actually use for this distance comfortably. Technically every club but my putter could get me there in theory, but I am just dialed into three wedges that can get me there on a specific swing type.

130-140 yards, a good 8 iron...

160, 140 or 120. That is my PW, 52* or 56*. I would much rather have a full shot than have to try and take a little off.

Back