What shafts are in your hybrids?

China Cat>Rider

Dazed & Cornfused
Reaction score
Assuming you have steel shafts in your irons do you also play steel in your hybrids or graphite?

graphite (S)

Didn't have a choice when I bought my Diablo Edge's. Only offer hybrids in graphite shafts.....

Graphite here as well.

Graphite here as well, I don't know that I've even seen a hybrid offered with a steel shaft and I've never noticed anyone playing one.

really? of the 4 hybrids I have owned 3 were steel. The 2 I use most right now are both steel.

In my Nickent set, the 3, 4 and 6 hybrids are graphite. The 5 is steel.

there ya go Mo...come to Philly so you can see it in person!
really? of the 4 hybrids I have owned 3 were steel. The 2 I use most right now are both steel.

Graphite here as well, I don't know that I've even seen a hybrid offered with a steel shaft and I've never noticed anyone playing one.

Mine is graphite. You can shaft it either way you want.

I checked TM's site and you can order their Rescue clubs with a steel shaft.
Cleveland Golf offers steel shafts in the Hibore XLS Hybrid and the Launcher hybrid, but not the Launcher DST (according to their site)
Callaway does not offer steel shafts in their hybrids.

You can always reshaft any club you want and these are just factory offerings I dug up from their websites.

Can't remember the last time I saw one in the store that had steel and I've never hit a steel shafted hyrbid.

Didn't you say previously that your last few clubs have been components and that you built them? If they were components, it was your choice to go steel correct?

Didn't you say previously that your last few clubs have been components and that you built them? If they were components, it was your choice to go steel correct?

that would be correct. the first hybrid I bought was a taylormade with steel shaft. I also have one with graphite.

Callaway does not offer steel shafts in their hybrids.

Steel here, from Callaway. It's my trouble club and I like the steel from tall fescue. On Callaways site you can get the Egde hybrids with steel also, though I have never seen one in a golf shop either.

Graphite all the way and not sure why you would go any other way

Steel for me: 4h and 5h Callaway Heavenwoods.

When I got my first one (4h) 4-5 years ago, I got steel because my fairway woods and irons were steel, so I did not want to mess with consistency and put a graphite in the middle of the run. Fast-forward to this winter, I got a steel 5h to match my previous decision on Callaway Pre-Owned.

I sometimes think, what a dummy, when I see all the PGA pros with graphites all over the place! I replaced my Steelhead III 3 wood with a graphite shaft, so the next set that I get - I will likely get some sort of combo set and get the graphite shafted hybrids.

I have both, graphite 16 and 19 degree hybrids and steel in my 22 degree hybrid. It was suggested when I was fitted by TaylorMade to my irons that if I was getting the 22 hybrid to replace my 4 iron to have the same shaft as the iron set so the distance gaps and feel are the same. They also said if you were replacing your woods for the hybrids than graphite would be the way to go.

In the end it would come down to having the right gaps in your set up and which works best for you game.

my irons are steel... but my hybrids and woods are graphite

I sometimes think, what a dummy, when I see all the PGA pros with graphites all over the place!

Does it really matter what the pga pros do? Why not get a triple X Stiff shaft and tip it at 2 inches if youre going to follow them.

well I hit my steel hybrids much better than the graphite. Actually I hit them more consistently than anything else in the bag. I'm not even sure why I want new ones. I guess its different with everyone but I was kind of thinking that if the hybrids are replacing long irons and you play steel than why wouldn't you use the same shaft?

well I hit my steel hybrids much better than the graphite. Actually I hit them more consistently than anything else in the bag. I'm not even sure why I want new ones. I guess its different with everyone but I was kind of thinking that if the hybrids are replacing long irons and you play steel than why wouldn't you use the same shaft?

If you hit steel great, then do it! I know guys who play steel everything, except driver. He says the extra weight keeps him from lifting through his swing and helps him stay down for consistent contact.

On paper that all sounds great. But they are called hybrids for a reason. Becuase they are a blend of FW and Long irons. People want them to go far and launch high. That is easier to do for most with a graphite shaft.

graphite.

Fujikura Graphite s flex here

Back