What single thing would you like to accomplish in golf.

Teach the game to my 2 boys. Hopefully, they'll enjoy it and are good enough to beat me some day.

i tried to get my daughter involved in the game; she just never got interested.

To live long enough to shoot my age

Last edited:
Tough choice between breaking 70 and hole-in-one, but i think i'd prefer the hole-in-one. That way my dad can stop holding that over me :).

Shorter term (next year or two) is become a legit single digit golfer.

Longer term is shoot par.

At my age the clock is running out and will need to continue a pretty big commitment to the game over the next decade or so. Eventually my aging body will make real improvement hard to acheive.

Breaking Par does not matter if it is a Par 70 or 72

Play till I'm in my 90's

Win a club championship. Play Augusta National.

Win a club championship. Play Augusta National.

Know someone that is a member? Or are you going to get on the Masters volunteer list; I have heard they get to play the course.

To have a legitimate shot at breaking 80 on any course.

What single thing would you like to accomplish in golf.

Would love to break 70 again. Shot a 69 on a par 71 when I was 19 then 3 back surgeries later I don't possess that swing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've answered. I'm changing my answer. I want to meet and play with everyone on the forum. In comparison my personal scoring metrics mean little to me. Golf is a social sport, and the shared experience means more to me than the individual assessment. But I still want to kick your ass. Haha. Likelihood is low, but I am undaunted. :golf2:

I've answered. I'm changing my answer. I want to meet and play with everyone on the forum. In comparison my personal scoring metrics mean little to me. Golf is a social sport, and the shared experience means more to me than the individual assessment. But I still want to kick your ass. Haha. Likelihood is low, but I am undaunted. :golf2:

Next time you are in the south east virginia area look me up :)

I have many goals in golf; break 80, HIO, ( have gotten agonizingly close to both of those quite a few times), get into an official THP event, play for many, many more years, etc.
If I had to pick just one, I suppose just shooting around 80 most of the time would be a pretty realistic goal. I can get there, just can't seem to stay there.

I want a hole in one.

So.
Freaking.
Bad.

I want a hole in one too, just not the most. My closest is about 3". On that day I was playing behind an older gentlemen who stopped me on the next hole to ask how close it was. When I told him he told me Ben Hogan once told him that a hole in one is just luck, but putting the ball close to the hole was skill. The older gentleman was former PGA player Chandler Harper https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_Harper

I watched a video last night of a PGA player get a hole in one off a tree. It's absolutely luck, but it doesn't make it any less of a want!

Ugh. It sounds like so much fun.

Know someone that is a member? Or are you going to get on the Masters volunteer list; I have heard they get to play the course.

I know a member and the last time we were together I dropped some hints about how much I love the history of the game. It's maybe only a 10% chance that I get an invite, but it's something.

Just to keep improving.

Get on the Ryder Cup

Get my HCP to single digits and keep it there.

Shooting my age before my age gets above par would be the ultimate, but just shooting par or better at any age would be pretty sweet too. +3 is the closest I've ever been and that was to many years ago.

Last edited:
Back