What "soft" ball performs best for you? Thank you !

In terms of "tour" quality balls that I have played, I'd rank them as follows:

2020 Chrome Soft - soft, but not mushy, and good distance and spin
Srixon Z Star - a little firmer than 2020 CS and RX, and good distance and spin
Snell MTB-Black - comparable to the 2020 CS in all characteristics.
Snell MTB-X - firm, but nice feel and great distance and spin
Bridgestone RX (2020) - soft, but distance and spin did not seem as good as 2020 CS
Srixon Q Star Tour V3 - softest of the bunch, distance and spin ok

Snell MTB-Black - underrated ball and could play it if I didn't like the 2020 CS.
Snell MTB-X - wish I could get used to the firmer feel because it's a distance king.
Bridgestone RX is a good ball with good feel but is not as long and did not spin as much as the 2020 CS.
Z Star is a great ball and delivers on distance and spin, but just a little firmer than the 2020 CS. Playing the 2020 CS because of that.
QST did not seem to spin on approaches as the 2020 CS so I settled on the 2020 CS but QST could be a backup.

2 piece: Srixon Soft Feel - I prefer yellow - great distance for a slow swinger
3 piece: Srixon QST - I prefer white - nice greenside spin, moderate price

I think the "softest" ball I've played is the ChromeSofts a couple years ago.

Of the softest balls I have played, the e12 soft and ERC worked the best. I am playing the RX now and it is fantastic for me, but not as soft as the two mentioned.

Maxfli Softfli. I find that it performs as well as anything else out there and you can often get them on sale for $10-15 a dozen.

let's also assume cheap.

Srixon Softfeel and QST, Callaway Superhot and Chromesoft (2nd gen 2dot)

I like Bridgestone e6 and Srixon Soft Feels. Srixon’s get good feel for me and Bridgestone produces a lot of spin.

My regular ball is a Wilson Staff Duo Soft. They feel good when hitting, roll well, and seem to be pretty drubs.e.

Last edited:
Srixon Soft Feel and Callaway Chromesoft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the avx, I really enjoy the feel of a soft ball. Plus the avx knocks some of my high iron spin down

I’ve been waiting to hear about these from someone as they interest me.
I've been playing them for the past 6 month and I like them. They're soft and they have decent spin off the irons and wedges. You won't spin them back but they perform like any other 2-piece, suryln covered ball. I just aim for the middle of the green and if they roll out a bit, its still fine.
I usually pick them up when they are 2 for $25 or 3 for $30. You just have to watch when GG or DSG runs flash sales.
They are made in Taiwan, so I believe they are a Foremost rebrand, just like Snell, Vice, Cut, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you like a very soft ball, cheap and no greenside spin, then these will do.
I dont seem to have much trouble with greenside spin. Granted, they're no Pro V1s but theres been numerous tests that have show the actual difference in spin doesbt really matter.
Cross field did a test with the Supersoft and Chrome Soft and even though the spin numbers were significantly different (like 3000 revs vs 9000) the actual runout difference was less than 5 feet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Callaway Chromesoft and Q Star. If you want non-urethane over Callaway Supersoft and Wilson Duo

Wilson Staff Duo OPtix
Callaway Supersoft

Wilson works just a little better for me.

Liked Srixon QStar when I played them a few years ago.

Used to play Bridgestone e6 but when they changed the recipe, it no longer worked as well for me.

Callaway super soft
bridgestone e12

Thinking some e12s might be making their way to me soon. Based on information here should be interesting comparison to QST

Used to play Bridgestone e6 but when they changed the recipe, it no longer worked as well for me.
I still have a few old e6 hanging around. I'll pull them out on windy days, or if I'm having a particularly erratic day, because I don't think I've ever hit a straighter ball than the e6. That thing just wants to go straight no matter what.

I still have a few old e6 hanging around. I'll pull them out on windy days, or if I'm having a particularly erratic day, because I don't think I've ever hit a straighter ball than the e6. That thing just wants to go straight no matter what.
Those things fly straight and good distance. Reserved for winter ball.

Thinking some e12s might be making their way to me soon. Based on information here should be interesting comparison to QST
Q Star Tour is also a great ball, at an unreal price.

Almost not even worth going to e12 from that.

Are we talking about low compression or soft cover or?

Q Star Tour is also a great ball, at an unreal price.

Almost not even worth going to e12 from that.
It was a patriotic promo I entered... I am a QST believer guy. Or I'll play Bridgestones rxs lineup

Wilson Staff Duo OPtix
Callaway Supersoft

Wilson works just a little better for me.

Liked Srixon QStar when I played them a few years ago.

What you mean in regards to e6?

Back