What technology do you want to see in golf 20 years from now

Would love to see chips in the ball and on clubs to model your swing and track all your data as you play. Maybe low profile wearable tech. It would be great when I’m struggling with my swing to see what’s going wrong compared to my standard swing so I can adjust. More so for range work than during a round.

I'll be 88, so I'm thinking something along the lines of a self folding, feather light, (less than 5 lbs) solar powered self propelled, A.I. Clicgear trolley. It would also have a built in computer for "Clicgear ball" locating, and gps for accurate yardages, and club selection.

Might as well have a hitch on it to tow me in my wheel chair to my next shot.

It will also be able to call in air strikes to be impervious to @MSEASU caddy.

Last edited:
I'll be 88, so I'm thinking something along the lines of a self folding, feather light, (less than 5 lbs) solar powered self propelled, A.I. Clicgear trolley. It would also have a built in computer for "Clicgear ball" locating, and gps for accurate yardages, and club selection.

Might as well have a hitch on it to tow me in my wheel chair to my next shot.

It will also be able to call in air strikes to be impervious to @MSEASU caddy.

I can appreciate this. I'm 68 years old now, and have no idea if I'll even be alive in 20 years!

Find my ball GPS technology, like TILE but with golf balls

Will we ever have one single iron with a quick adjustable head that takes the place of several? I mean you want a 9 iron you click the head a spot, then next time you need a 7 you click it back two spots...etc. With adjustable drivers it makes me thing one iron might just click in to whatever number you want. Ok so for the shaft length perhaps we have 3 irons ....one being a gw, pw,9, then another being our 8,7,6 and yet a third being our 5,4 whatever the case. Or for the one lentgh concept just the one that clicks into about 6b or 7 different lofts. Whatever the case, point being no need for so many clubs is the idea. And one heck of a less expensive set. IDK :confused2:just a fun idea Ive had for a long time:)
We're talking future tech, so still just one iron, you enter your selection at the top of the shaft, say you need your 9-iron, select "9", and it adjusts loft, lie and length to your specs. :thumb:

Will we ever have one single iron with a quick adjustable head that takes the place of several? I mean you want a 9 iron you click the head a spot, then next time you need a 7 you click it back two spots...etc. With adjustable drivers it makes me thing one iron might just click in to whatever number you want. Ok so for the shaft length perhaps we have 3 irons ....one being a gw, pw,9, then another being our 8,7,6 and yet a third being our 5,4 whatever the case. Or for the one lentgh concept just the one that clicks into about 6b or 7 different lofts. Whatever the case, point being no need for so many clubs is the idea. And one heck of a less expensive set. IDK :confused2:just a fun idea Ive had for a long time:)
The future is now @rollin
😎

The future is now @rollin
😎
darn!..............yet another my inventions someone else stole.

I could see an iPhone/ android app with a separate sensor that you stick on your bag/push cart/power cart that would provide real time trackman viewing, stats, etc. ( visible on phone) plus track all stats, trends, etc. It would know where all pins were, hazards, etc. I could see going home afterwards and you could watch on your television or phone your entire round in 3D just as you were walking the course or from above, etc. The opportunities would be endless with this type of technology.

A return to persimmon woods, blade irons and true blade putters.

Never mind 20 years from now, here's something I'd like to see developed immediately. Chips in the balls hatould enable you to find them under the Fall leaf litter, on courses that don't get quite busy enough with their blowers! Those would be a Godsend around here!

A droid to carry my bag, rake the bunker, and hit all of my putts for me.

How about a device kinda like a roomba that automatically rakes & smooths the bunkers. There could be a charging base outside the bunker, what the heck, lets make the treehuggers happy & make it solar powered, its has a motion sensor that detects if someone hit from the bunker, smooths it out, and it's ready for the next group.

I want a hover board golf cart in the next 20 years because we were supposed to have hover boards like the one in Back To The Future by now.

If A/R is really going to catch on in the next 15-20 years. I want glasses with built in top tracer. Discuss.
I'll take that tech and add real-time "how to speed up your play" tips that pop up as necessary. ;)

You will have the option of having clubs custom built from the results of a detailed fitting. The heads and possibly the shafts will be 3D printed to the specificatiosn defined by your fitting.

In your bag in three days.

Last edited:
super quiet hover-carts equipped with top-tracer; heads-up display of what's ahead and all the necessary distance info and let's throw in a cappuccino machine = and make them for singles only so as to help speed things up (avoiding that annoying factor of two buddies chatting all the way around and rarely being ready to play)

I like the ideas of balls that let you know where they are! Speed up pace of play by never searching for a ball again. I don't know maybe it projects a hologram 3' up from its location to make it easy to spot.

Also Carbon Nanotube shafts... I have very little idea what i'm talking about but it sounds cool :cool:

Adjustable iron sets would be cool. If I could make them a degree weaker, stronger, upright, flat, etc., with a hosel setting. It'd make gapping a lot easier and allow you to fine tune flights for each iron. Though, it could potentially put some fitters out of business. Cobra kind of did it with their utility, so I don't think it's out of the question for a slightly chunkier GI iron. It'd need to be bigger to offset the hosel weight and maintain MOI.

I'd be 60
whatever it is itll be from the senior tees

I would like to see a new Ping SFT Driver that does NOT have Turbulators. - what a crock of crap they have with those.!!!

Back