What to wear based on age

Its funny how much marketing plays a role. Take Puma for example. The talk is being laughed at wearing all orange. Puma has something like 48 shirts in line and only a single shirt is orange.
And every brand has at least one flashy/bright shirt in their lineup.

Some of the Nike volt is more offensive than orange ever was (IMO of course).

Its funny how much marketing plays a role. Take Puma for example. The talk is being laughed at wearing all orange. Puma has something like 48 shirts in line and only a single shirt is orange.
This is one of my favorites shirts. Wore it today, in fact.

pisa2

The back is in blue as well, but has this design on it:

6927225.jpg

Lifes to short to care what others think. Wear what u think looks good

I read great reviews about brands like TM, Linksoul, Puma and others and love how they look. My issue is that I think I am out of the age demo for these lines.(Mid 50s) I tend to feel safer with Peter Millar,Antiqua,Greg Norman, Ashworth FJ,I have been a sales rep in the apparel industry and understand this stuff a bit. I assume these younger trending brands probably are cut for a slimmer body. I am fit but God does make some alterations as we age.
Anyone else feel that way.

I agree. I'm about to turn 54 and I wouldn't wear a lot of today's clothing lines, at least certain colors. I dress my age I guess. Look at Steve Stricker and you see me, only in shorts. Nothing flashy.

I say wear whatever makes you happy. No need to stress over what other people think as long as you're completely happy

I am in the younger catagory , but I do like the classic look over the modern young look. Not to say I wouldnt wear it, I do have both in the closet. But classic is more of my taste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put on what you plan to wear; then walk past your 12 year old daughter.

If she says " Are you going out like THAT?" Go change.

Awesome! Cracked me up as it is sooo true.

At 47, no flat bills and nothing Rickie would wear.

ETA: Oh, and I am in no way cool enough to wear a white belt:D

If it fits and you like how it looks, wear it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If it fits and you like how it looks, wear it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This pretty much covers it. Besides, if you're in the belt AND suspenders demographic do you really care what those young whippersnappers think?

Glad to see that I am not alone on this. Almost makes me want to do the word word game that JB did on club companies but with apparel companies.
Might be some interesting answers.

As an Older and Bigger guy, I don't worry as much about the "classic" look as I do the "fit"....many of the newer styles are very form fitting which makes them a "no go" for me. It's hard enough to find golf shirts in anything over a 2x so I really don't worry about the style.

Glad to see that I am not alone on this. Almost makes me want to do the word word game that JB did on club companies but with apparel companies.
Might be some interesting answers.

That would be a great idea I think, could yield some interesting feedback for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually just stick to stockpiling last years Ashworth/Adidas shirts when they go on sale for <$30. However, they do not last a full season and will fall apart/get dingleberries. There are so many great choices and even with the slinky poly blends, just throw on some UnderArmor under it and it won't feel so weird. I need some more solid color shirts now so they'll go with all the funky pattern shorts I have.

I couldn't go back to cotton golf shirts now.

90's baggy golf shirts were soooooo bad. We didn't have much of a choice though. Lol, they are wearing pleated "trousers" too.

BHXzqvj.png

Much better:

QtrnwIV.png

Back