What type of feel do you like with your putter?

I used to like a heavy feel. I gamed a putter with a ~550g head, "standard" ~125g shaft, and a 65g grip with a 100g weight in the butt end of the shaft. Loved that thing.

I made the leap to the Stroke Lab based a little on the raving here and probably more on my inquisitive nature and my curiosity. I fully did not expect to like it since it probably weigh just over 1/2 what my old putter weighed, but I've taken to it.

As for what feel I like in a putter, I guess I like a balanced feel and I like the feel of this insert... whatever that can be described as.

I do like the face to have a nice click to it, but weight and length are more important to the ‘feel’ of a putter for me.

Even though I am 6’6”, I like to play a 33 or 34” putter. Why? I prefer the lighter weight, but also my arms feel comfortable when I hover the putter head fractionally above the turf, which gives me a more consistent stroke.

Resting the putter on the turf often leads to different contact and a more ‘dead’ feel for me.

I'd take the dull thud.

Non-hot.

Dead.

I'm a bit of an outcast, I pick my ball for putting then ask if I can game it from the tee. I find with the same putter that different balls feel totally different and role different. I play a low compression wilson ball because it rolls for me true. It might not have optimal spin but I give benefit of the doubt to putting

Back