What type of feel do you like with your putter?

I'm not into inserts - but I do like milled and soft yet solid. I think @Jman said it well - lower decibel yet dense.

But it's also about the balance of the putter and that offers distance control - for me, about E2-4 works. Some people like it lighter. Heavy grips lose the balance I prefer, as well as the feel of the head and as a result, I lose distance control at D2-D9.

Last edited:
Soft. I could not believe how good the EXO white hot micro hinge felt the first time I rolled one.

Non insert. Deep milled for the reduction of surface area making contact with the ball, thusly producing a lower decibel feedback that is more dense in nature.
This is precisely how I feel right now. And I like using a softer feel ball too. That “thud” feeing and sound are very confidence inspiring to me.

This is precisely how I feel right now. And I like using a softer feel ball too. That “thud” feeing and sound are very confidence inspiring to me.
Because you’re awesome.

I want a soft feel in conjunction with the ball. I can adjust to it quickly.

Crisp but not tingy. Not an insert fan. Prefer milled faces.

I like a hot face, even with very fast greens. I once had an STX putter with such a soft insert, it felt like putting with a headcover on (oddly though, I did hole a lot of putts with it and didn't feel I needed to add pace - but that feel - ugh...).
I know that feeling! It was so soft! You could switch the faces out if I remember right!

Prefer a soft click. My favourite putter still is the white hot pro V line. Had everything I liked in a putter

this thread will be a ponder for me when I practice this morning. I'm using inserts and low compression balls. I'm watching roll characteristics and not really hearing anything that sticks with me.

I know that feeling! It was so soft! You could switch the faces out if I remember right!
Yep - I think Jesper Parnevik had the same model I did!

Soft feel for me. I can always play a firmer ball to get the click I like

I love the insert feel on my Ghost Spider. It's not too soft and not too hard....it's just right.

I prefer a milled face with a firm feel. Really like to feel the head absorb the impact and watch the ball jump off the face.

Though I prefer a milled putter, the depth is not so important to me. I find the polymer inserts to be to "numb", rather than soft. Though I do love the milled insert on my SC Studio Style. That thing has excellent feel and feedback, but is neither terribly firm, nor soft.

I usually play faster greens so a softer feel is perfect for me.

I'm a big fan of a softer feeling face like the White Hot on Odyssey putters. The feeling and sound of getting one right in the center, the ball sinks in to the face like butter and then pops off. Love that feeling!

Amen to that! Love the Odyssey Putters that have a soft feeling face, almost like hitting it in the sweet spot.

Something with some weight that still gives me some feedback on if I'm out on the toe. A solid, not clicky sound, that gives me audible feedback as well.

Has to have some weight to it! Great point. Nothing that sways in the wind.

Amen to that! Love the Odyssey Putters that have a soft feeling face, almost like hitting it in the sweet spot.
I think there are some awesome sounds that come out of Odyssey. They missed the mark with the original microhinge (i think they put marshmallows in there), but their evolutions of that have been goooood.

I think there are some awesome sounds that come out of Odyssey. They missed the mark with the original microhinge (i think they put marshmallows in there), but their evolutions of that have been goooood.

I have been playing my Odyssey TriHot #1 forever and always liked the feel. I actually just looked to see when it was introduced... 2001 :oops: Wowza. Maybe time to explore some new technology out there. Do you think this putter has that original micro hinge?

I have been playing my Odyssey TriHot #1 forever and always liked the feel. I actually just looked to see when it was introduced... 2001 :oops: Wowza. Maybe time to explore some new technology out there. Do you think this putter has that original micro hinge?
This is microhinge.

1586053039617.png

It was new in 2016ish I think? So no, definitely not lmao

Back