What was your first car?

This was my sister‘s first car!

Not sure that makes me feel better. lol!!!

My parents were buying it for me and they wouldn't get anything newer so it was either the Geo or a 90 Toyota Turcel Wagon.

Easy choice.

a '61 Pontiac Catalina, 389, 3 spd… same color as this one.

Sig3lyR.jpg

Mine was a 1978 280z that cost me $20,400.

Let me splain.

Bought the 78 in 89 for $400. Rusty deathtrap. Love at first sight.

Almost 30 years later I bought another 280z. This one is in much better shape. And cost me $20k, lol.

Rambler Classic Station Wagon 66

Sig3lyR.jpg
Me father and I restored a 60 Pontiac Ventura with a 389 with 400 heads and a 4 speed.

‘84 Buick hand me down.
Skylark?

Lucky for you it wasn't a '64 Skylark, never know when you might end up in a small town in Alabama and have it confused with a '63 Pontiac Tempest
Counselor's entire opening statement... with the exception of thank you... will be stricken from the record.

1976 Buick Century.
The only car model ever named after the average age of its drivers.

When I graduated from high school in 1970 my dad bought me 1964 Chevy Corvair to drive back and forth to work and the local college.

View attachment 8923007

Looking a little long in the tooth there, were you 65 and married when you graduated high school?

Showing my age but, first car was '56 Mercury. 312 V-8, Holley carb, 3 on the floor. Gas was .25/gal. Dad sold it when I went to SE Asia. First brand new car was '73 VW Super Beetle.

My first car was a 1972 Datsun B210, the car I learned to drive on was a 1968 Impala station wagon affectionately known as "the blue moose"

Sig3lyR.jpg
That's the color my 64 T-Bird was, I just couldn't find any pictures of that color 'Bird to post.

1976 Nissan Fairlady Z

Love the pictures! I would have to 1st find, then scan a pic of my 1st which was a 68 VW Bug convertible. If you dented the fenders, you could pull them back out no problem; stuck in a snowdrift, just pick the car up and move it back to the street. floors were rusted out and the heat was stuck in the on position which was a bit difficult in MO summers

Black on black Pontiac Grand Am coupe.....WITH moonroof!!!

1979 Pontiac Bonneville. Mint green with matching green interior. Could fit the entire baseball team in it plus equipment, fans, and some food vendors!

Mint green 1981 Dodge Aries. It was a chick magnet! 1581557971778.jpeg

1965 Chevrolet Impala

I bought a 1980 Toyota Celica GT in 1986 for $2k. Loved that car and sold it in 1989 for $2400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2001 Honda Civic. Worked my absolute a** off to pay for a majority of it (with the rest paid off later to my grandfather). Spent a bunch of summers working to accumulate money for it. Wore the paint off washing it hahahaha!

That said, I think buying a brand new car as a first car is a combination of kind of crazy, and absolutely setting a precedent that the condition of my possessions rest solely in my own hands.

My first car was a 69 GTO 400 4 spd, second was a 71 GTO 400 Auto and 3rd was 76 Trans Am 455 4spd. I would love to have any or all of them today.

The first car that my parents gave me at 17 yrs old was a 1974 orange Ford Pinto. Manual steering, manual brakes. Damn thing bottomed out so badly causing sparks to fly that friends dubbed it the Batmobile.

2 years prior, they gave my older brother a 1969 Camaro... but who's picking favorites???

I drove the Batmobile for a couple weeks before saying thanks/but no thanks. Worked and saved, at 18 the first car I bought for myself was a 1978 Cadillac Eldorado. White, pristine... smokin'!

The next I bought a couple years later was a 1981 Camaro Z28. Former show car. T-tops, functional roll-cage, black w/red pinstriping and Crager Centerline chrome wheels.

Prefer the '69 model but actual car for car... mine blew big bro's away.

Back