What Wedges Should I add To My Bag?

Still pretty new to the wedge game, I used to have an old W/S dual wedge from my dad that I used all the time when I got close to the green. But with the new wedges there will be a learning curve.

The good news is there are lots of very good options out there. What do you think you’ll use the wedge between your 56° and PW for? Full swings or more touch shots around the green?

C3i wedge....I love it for short sand shot and flop

The good news is there are lots of very good options out there. What do you think you’ll use the wedge between your 56° and PW for? Full swings or more touch shots around the green?

Probably full swings for a 52*, more half swings closer to the green with maybe a 58* or 60*.

Probably full swings for a 52*, more have swings closer to the green with maybe a 58* or 60*.

I’d really give the CBX2 a solid look. Especially since you’ll be using it as an iron, why not get a little forgiveness in there? ;) The OG was one of my all time favorite wedges, and everything I’ve seen from this iteration points to them being even better.

For a 58°/60° I love the full face High toe wedges, especially the PM Grinds. very solid, and very versatile in my experience.

Pretty much this exactly. (@OITW also gets credit, though unquoted)

Personally...depending on what your 56° is, I might go with a CBX2 in 52° and a PM grind in the 60° slot, or maybe the CBX full face in that spot. Depends a lot on what you like to do with your wedges.

Full disclosure, going 50/54/58 (maybe 60 grind/bounce dependent)

Wedges are very personal. I like having a versatile 60 that I can open up and play different shots. I also typically use the 60 from our firm sands. For gap wedge I would put a lot of stock into keeping a reasonable full swing distance range from the PW. If you are still playing the 585 irons and use them stock loft, that's a 44*. Something in the 48-50* might be the right ball park. For sand wedge, the tweener, I am thinking more about adding a club with more bounce for softer conditions where I want to let the bounce help me get the ball on the face. I get less worried about full swings with sand or lob wedges. I hit them, no doubt, but can also hit a lot of distances with a gap wedge.

T20 are sexy and feel great to me. Others don't think they play soft enough. Jaws are solid and versatile. I think those can fit pretty much anyone. I also like the Glide3 wedges. They don't look like wedges I would like but hit like wedges I would like to play. So many good wedges. I want to find some time with the Taylormade wedges. In hand they have a very balanced feel. But hitting them has not been an option.

What did they put you in at the full bag fitting? Shouldn't that have basically answered this question?

Currently pondering my wedge set up for next season, had 53, 56, 60 but with the 919 Forged GW being a 51 and the urge for new wedges I need to look at my options also.

hmm, don't know why, but i didn't realized the 919 forged had a gap wedge option. That might be something I should add.

Pretty much this exactly. (@OITW also gets credit, though unquoted)

Personally...depending on what your 56° is, I might go with a CBX2 in 52° and a PM grind in the 60° slot, or maybe the CBX full face in that spot. Depends a lot on what you like to do with your wedges.
This is pretty much my set up. I’m doing away with the 56 because I can do most the same shots with my 52. Adding a 60 and I carry an Apex SW for fairway shots.

Nice, don’t see a 48* PW very often. Which irons are you gaming that have a 48* PW?

Ok, I look up the degree loft on my PW and it is not 48*, it is 44*. My bad!!! ?

Since I'm looking to get the same Accra shafts on any other wedges that I get I've made an appointment with Alex at CC for next Monday for a wedge fitting. I'll get my wedge gapping sorted out there and let Alex do the work. Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. You rock! (y);)

I had the Srixon Z545 irons and the PW in that set was 44*, so I went 48/52/58

So assuming you stay with the 56*, I would maybe go 48/52 to gap between your PW and 56, and if you have another space available in the bag then you could maybe add a 60 as well?

Back