What's been your most extravagant purchase?

My R1. I've only been playing for like 4 months, and this is already my 5th driver, but the looks and the adjustibility called to me, and I got it for a fantastic price from a friend.

Probably all of them. I have a ton of golf equipment that works beautifully, I just like new and shiny.

Probably the riding mower. I have a 1/4 acre yard.

EDIT: Not a golf purchase, haha.

A wedding this weekend.

For golf, probably the GolfLogix GPS. I had golfed for 30 years without one. Before that it was probably the Bushnell Laser rangefinder. Before that I had golfed for 20 years without one!

YEARS ago I purchased a Scotty Cameron Newport II Teryllium putter, when they first were introduced. At the time it was the most I'd ever spent on one club.

The list is long for me.
My 5 Scor wedges that I don't currently use.
My custom XGC6 that I don't currently use.
My Ping Staffer that I don't currently use.
And my custom Scotty that I gave to a friend after HATING it.

I would say my wifes engagement ring (I could of bought a Honda Civic ha ha)

The list is long for me.
My 5 Scor wedges that I don't currently use.
My custom XGC6 that I don't currently use.
My Ping Staffer that I don't currently use.
And my custom Scotty that I gave to a friend after HATING it.

Hmmm your not using the SCORs what happened? I will take them off your hands haha

my house..straight cash homey

Probably the riding mower. I have a 1/4 acre yard.

EDIT: Not a golf purchase, haha.

I did that three years ago for a 1/2 acre and then got orders 6 months later to AZ where there is no grass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm your not using the SCORs what happened? I will take them off your hands haha
I gave up on the 41°, and 45° wedges early in the spring. Played the others (49°, 53°, 57°) inconsistently all summer, but did recently start hitting them better. The SpeedBlade awesome wedge knocked the 49° out of the bag, and I have mental block on the loft gapping now.

My most extravagant golf purchase, Joey, was a 10-day golf trip to your country! And, it was worth every single penny. Played most of the old courses that have had an Open played on them. It was the trip of a lifetime!

SUPPORTING THP’S DREAM TEAM IN THE #GRANDADDY

I gave up on the 41°, and 45° wedges early in the spring. Played the others (49°, 53°, 57°) inconsistently all summer, but did recently start hitting them better. The SpeedBlade awesome wedge knocked the 49° out of the bag, and I have mental block on the loft gapping now.

Damn man that sucks but whatever works for the game man. Good luck

After reading this thread I'm starting to see my extravagant purchase is not so extravagant. I bought the R1 driver when it first came out. I am however saving up for my week long golf trip to Scotland for my 40th in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could also fit under a "most expensive golf lesson ever" thread, but as my wife tells it she bought me a gift lesson at PGA Academy at World Golf Village and while I was there I previewed and ultimately bought a condo overlooking the 8th green at the King & Bear golf course in St. Augustine.

I'm yet to make an extravagant golf purchase, everything I've bought so far has been pre-owned, love a good deal!

Next year I'm planning a couple of trips to play at some nice courses and an iron fitting which will definitely be the biggest expense.

My Cleveland RTX wedges. Only thing I've ever paid regular price for and don't regret it.

A couple of Scotty Cameron putters. They were all used but they are the most I've spent on a single club.

A Seemore private reserve, then put a matrix pz-135 and SS 2.0 grip.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Probably $325 to play Spanish Bay.

And was it worth it?

I have mixed feelings about it. Played with one of my best golfing buds but we got paired with two chuckleheads. Why someone would pay $325 to play one round when they were not golfers is beyond me. They each lost at least one ball on every hole - EVERY HOLE. Spanish Bay is carved out of what is now considered an environmental conservation area so every hole has protected areas you may not enter for any reason. By the time we reached the 17th tee, someone from the pro shop (never saw a marshal) came out and told us we needed to finish our round within the next 10 minutes. So we sprinted the last two holes and finished under the glare of the management who suggested we pick up once we were on 18 green. I'm not sure how long we took, far too long I'm sure but it was the two guys they paired us with that were to blame. Getting run off the course ruined the day. I've never had anything like that happen - getting the bum's rush at the end of a round. For the record, I play about 5 rounds per week, walk, and play in less than 3 hours.

I lived in Monterey for two years and only played two Pebble courses during that time, Old Del Monte and Spyglass Hill, both were free. Missed out on playing Pebble for free because I was misinformed about a requirement to have an established handicap index. After establishing a month later (just moved there), I filled out an application and found no place to include my index. By then, all the free slots were filled...

I still need Pebble to complete my Monterey Pebble Beach Set.

Back