What's in your front pocket?

Make sure you don't take this comment over to one of the slow play threads. BAD things will happen if you do.

Oh, he's not the fastest player. When playing with him I'm usually trying to play faster than I like because he isn't speedy about anything.

I think that's why most people keep the most common used items in their pockets while playing. For me it's a couple tees, pitch mark repair tool with ball marker and a d brush in my right pocket and normally my gloves goes in the left.

2 tees
1 ball
And a quarter usually

Phone in left pocket, purely for Arccos purposes - thinking about getting the Link but something has stopped me pulling the trigger just at the moment.

Right pocket has a couple of big tees for driver, couple of smaller ones for 3w and pitchmark repairer/ball marker.

Back pocket has a scorecard which will inevitably fall out mid-round.

3-4 evolve THP golf tees
2-3 fluorescent flat ball markers from a local club
a small metal two prong divot tool

Cracks me up how many people are carrying "extra" golf balls. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:
Why would you need 3 ball markers?

Left pocket, the spare balls from the sleeve.

Right pocket, three tees. Serious play I’ll have a ball marker.

Back left pocket is for my glove between shots.

If walking back right will have the scorecard otherwise it’s empty.

Last edited:
What I am not understanding is why golfers carry multiple amounts of the same device? Three tees, 3 ball markers, etc. I can see carrying an extra golf ball in case you hit and ob shot, but three three tees? Three ball markers? I am even thinking taking the extra ball out of my pocket to lighten up the load. My Martini tee is capable of being my driving tee or my par-3 tee.

What I am not understanding is why golfers carry multiple amounts of the same device? Three tees, 3 ball markers, etc. I can see carrying an extra golf ball in case you hit and ob shot, but three three tees? Three ball markers? I am even thinking taking the extra ball out of my pocket to lighten up the load. My Martini tee is capable of being my driving tee or my par-3 tee.

When you break and/or lose 2-3 tees a round?

I generally just have whatever is left of the sleeve in my pocket ball wise whether that’s 2,1, or 0.

I start all rounds with three tees and a new sleeve of balls unless it’s an offseason round then I’ll just grab them from the used ball compartment and go with what I have.

Why would you need 3 ball markers?
I answered this earlier. But, They are all the flat type and I like marking different length putts with different colors. Just a OCD thing I think but depending on the color of the marker it lets me know I think the putt is inside of a particular range. #IMweird

Hideaway tool with attached ball marker and a tee if I am walking away from the tee box.

Remembered the only real benefit to playing in the cold today. Pockets in the zip/jacket means no things in the pants pockets.

Front right has a tee, pitch mark repairer and an English 10p I use as a ball marker. Front left has my glove when I’m putting.

tee, ball mark repair tool, coin for marking ball. Nothing in any other pockets, probably the only thing I’m kind of ocd about.

Left Front: 1 par 3 tee, 1 long tee, pitch mark tool
Right Front: ball marker and golf ball when not in play

A couple tees and my divot tool

Foldable divot tool with a magnetic ball marker and a quarter sized brush for the clubs...that's it.
I grab a tee from the cart when it's time.

I normally have a tee, ball, marker and divot repair in my right front pocket. I can wear shorts about 7 or 8 months out of the year in this area. I usually wear cargo shorts with the extra pockets. I keep a small cleaning rag in one of those pockets. I use it to clean the ball on the green or tee box. The extra tees and balls are in the push cart or riding cart. In the cold weather I have a sweatshirt with the pouch pocket for the cleaning rag.

For me, 3 tees is simply superstition. If I break or lose one, it will be replaced immediately.

When you break and/or lose 2-3 tees a round?

I generally just have whatever is left of the sleeve in my pocket ball wise whether that’s 2,1, or 0.

I start all rounds with three tees and a new sleeve of balls unless it’s an offseason round then I’ll just grab them from the used ball compartment and go with what I have.

You need to find your way to a local private or country club. The ones that take care of their members with boxes on the 1st and 10th tees, full of tees, ball markers, score cards and pencils. I filled a styrofoam cup full of tees, years ago, I'm still using them. I don't know what kind of plastic these things are made of, but they are pretty much indestructible! You may lose one now and then, but you will rarely break them!

Three condoms. The cart girls are hot at our course. Just never know.
[/QUOTE]

The man speaks sooth! I have been propositioned before! She obviously mistook me for someone with money!

And I don't know why the last post I quoted, did not quote!

Only thing I carry in my front pockets, is a small metal ball marker in my left one.

Front left - extra ball, tee, divot tool, puff bar
Front right - phone for Arccos / ball marker

Left pocket is one extra ball

right pocket is 2 regular and one mini tee, Divot tool with ball marker, ballzee ball cleaner

I am trying to lighten up the load in my pockets, and that's one of the reasons I started this thread was to see what other golfers carry. Right now I carry:
Right pocket
Pitchfix
Martini tee
Extra golf ball
Large ball marker
Left pocket = nothing
What I think I am going to change to is moving the extra ball to the left pocket and affixing the martini tee to my golf bag. I have to go to the bag to select the club for the tee shot and will try to get in the habit of just picking the tee off the bag.
New arrangement
Martini tee stays on bag

cocaine in the little pocket for a little extra go off the tee

Yesterday I had a couple of tees (long for the driver, short for irons), a groove cleaner, a JFK 1967 half dollar as my marker, pitch mark repair tool and an inhaler.

Last edited:
Back