What's the longest club you hit off the turf?

What's the longest club you hit off the turf?

• Driver

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 3 wood

Votes: 103 61.3%
  • 5 wood/3 hybrid

Votes: 39 23.2%
  • 3 iron

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 4 hybrid

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4 iron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 5 iron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • 6 iron

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
That's just absurd,,,I can't even entertain that thought.

17°4 wood for me, I play it out to 245-250. Going any lower is hit or miss at best.

This comes from many many years of swinging the driver in my low ceiling den. I can see the the grooves in the popcorn the few times i missed. With the irons i had to miss the carpet and the ceiling as well.

3 wood

For the longest time it was my hybrid. Up until several months ago I never hit my 3 wood off the deck. Now under the right circumstances, thanks in part to a better swing and equipment upgrade, I feel more comfortable hitting a 3 wood off the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect driver off the deck will be hit once or twice this weekend on a par 5 or 2.

I expect driver off the deck will be hit once or twice this weekend on a par 5 or 2.
Hey we are in this together lets keep the hero shots to a minimum haha

I can't reach very many par 5's in two anyway and I am much more consistent with my 5W than my 3W so I don't even try to hit 3W. If I am facing a long par 4, say into the wind, I am still better off coming up short and depending on my wedge game to try to save par.

3wood but not very often. I have to be feeling really good to pull that club off the turf. Its only ever on a par 5 and most days I feel I stand a better chance at birdie by laying up to a number I can hopefully put a tight wedge shot in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2H, so I voted 3H. 18*, whatever that works out to. 3W is just too prone to disaster.
I'll TRY driver off the deck in a scramble, but that's even lower percentage.

I've played a few rounds this year with an older fella, 75 or so. He only carries driver and irons, and hits it off the deck constantly. Think I've seen him miss one shot with it, and that wasn't horrible. Terrific ballstriking.

3w, although I've only being playing for 3 months so I'll only use it after a scuffed tee shot or on a long hole, and I can usually hit as far with my 6 iron to be honest.

I'll update this and say mini driver. It's awesome off the deck

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Xr pro 4 wood 240 on lm , just 10 ifs shorter than my driver avg this yr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver once 255y when the lie was good ...also...

Aeroburner 3w TP HL 16.5 hit it 245 total yards smooth, 255y solid, and biggie 295y down wind, down hill a bit at 18th President to set up a 6 foot eagle putt...holed it, same shaft through several heads so I know it well

Don't smother a 3w...leads to miss hits fat shots. Sometimes I stand a bit further away from the ball in a good posture to get consistent contact when I am going after it

Back