Whats the one club you just can't get rid of no matter how old it is?

No club in my bag has been there longer than 16 months, so I guess that means nothing is sacred. Usually though, a putter will hold that venerated spot.

My Titleist 503h 19* 3 iron is from 2007 and each year I buy another driving iron trying to replace it but it’s still in my bag. My X2Hot 2Deep is about 8 years old and it’s the same story with that one.

I have 3 Titleist 816H2 hybrids in the garage. If I want to go back to a Hybrid it would be one of those and not a new one.

My putter. Causing greatness and havoc all over the place since 2001.

I have 2 from 2016, my Apex 3 hybrid and 816 alpha fw.

I've got some thp event "trophies" that ain't going anywhere.

Taylor Made Burner Rescue 3 hybrid.
It’s been in the bag since 2008 and no sign of coming out anytime soon.
Hit a short pop fly, off the tee, on an uphill par 4 last Tuesday…. barely reached the fairway. Told my partner don’t worry, I’ll knock it on and did just that from 175 out (uphill) to a VERY small green. Club gives me more confidence than I should have…

Last edited:
Callaway XHot Pro 5 wood. Have tried to replace it several times to no avail. Think it is just time to embrace it's awesomeness for me and save the cash.
I absolutely loved my XHot pro 17* 4 wood. I played it at 43in with a BlueBoard 83 and since it was new, never took it from my bag until two weeks ago.
Unfortunately for it, I am a Morgan Cupper and I got clubs I like even more now.

Still have my irons I bought with my first paycheck back in 1973...Wilson Staff's....Can't believe I hit those so pure....

BB OS 4H, d+2. Total Swiss Army knife.

Always have a bag of new clubs…and that old hag, but she’s the one I love.

Callaway XHot Pro 4 hybrid. I am just so confident with that club in my hands and seem to hit it well when I need to.

Mine was an XHot three wood then maybe my G400 three wood. I am no longer in possession of either. Why do we do that to ourselves?

Ping G25 5 hybrid has always ben the club that I've swapped out because it's old, beat to **** and a terrible fit with the shaft. But for some reason it always ends up back in the bag after a week or two. Always!

W/S D100 5H. I know there are hybrids out there that are much better, but the size/shape of this one gives me a lot of confidence and I hit it well. During a practice round for the Carolina/DMV Regional Rivalry @Trout Bum told me to never take this out of my bag, and I've listened to him.

My Taylormade Ghost Spider putter from 2011. It's continues to hold it's spot in the bag and will for the foreseeable future.

That used to describe my old Taylormade R7 3-wood. It was 13.5 degrees and had an X-Stiff shaft in it. I could do anything with that club - high/soft cuts, hard/penetrating draws, long, accurate shots from the tee... that club was my favorite. Until it developed a crack in the heel :/

That sent me on a long odyssey of searching for a replacement (including a try with the 13-degree Callaway Diablo Tour 3-wood a la Stenson). Finally I found a Taylormade M6 that works just as well - I love it!

My Titleist 503h 19* 3 iron is from 2007 and each year I buy another driving iron trying to replace it but it’s still in my bag. My X2Hot 2Deep is about 8 years old and it’s the same story with that one.

Can't believe there's someone else out there who still has a 503h? Mine's out of circulation now, but only because of the look at address. The offset was just too much, had to lay it open. But as for feel, performance etc. It's just as good as any current utility iron that I've had.

Does my wife count? 🤣

For me it is my driver - Titleist 913 D3 with a stock stiff shaft. I have been given lots of other hand me down clubs from a USPGA tour player (wedges, irons, rescues and fairway metals) but I choose to stick with the 913.

l guess I don't have anything in that category since I change clubs almost as often as I change clothes. Did just buy a new driver I hope to keep for a while. To many three putts or a four putt the putter is usually gone.

I am still using my BHB02 Ben Hogan putter I tested here 3 years ago. I put it back in the bag after an experiment with arm lock and have been very happy with it again. It will have to take a break when my Cobra Agera arrives though.

Adams Pro Mini Hybrid. Actually got it from a THP event in DFW back in 2014 (I think) and it always finds its way back in the bag. It is my go-to club when I absolutely have to keep the ball in play.

Piretti CWII putter. I've gone through issues here and there putting since getting it from @ArmyGolf in 2014 or 2015 (I can't remember exactly), but I've never been able to find a putter that fits my eye and balances feel with some forgiveness as well as this one. The putter COMPLETELY changed my putting game when I got it - I was painfully inconsistent with direction and especially speed with previous putters. I'm certainly not perfect now but I'm a much better putter than I was before I met my Piretti.

Back