What's your butter these days?!

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
I made a comment in another thread talking about feels that went "one man's butter is another man's Nutiva Coconut Manna" because that's actually a thing. I didn't make it up. And people eat it. We're obviously well past the butter vs. margarine stage in our society..

So, what's the butter, or non-butter in your house?!

Is it made of plants? Does it have a fun name? Does it spread or spray? Does it have 3 ingredients, or 27 to help stabilize it's alien form? Does your spouse randomly put it on your food thinking you won't notice it's made of vegetable stanols and therefore good for you, and somehow healthy-delicious, but not?

Please, share with me!

Good old fashioned full fat butter from Jersey cows here in England! With sea salt flakes 👌😃.

Currently using Kerrygold unsalted for no particular reason other than I'm not a fan of dealing with sticks of butter and I have a container that the butter brick fits nicely inside of.

Salted Challenge in the quarter sticks

Real butter nothing less.

Kerrygold all the way.

I really only use butter for cooking or putting on a baked potato, so it's real Irish butter.

Man, I probably don't say this enough, but I love you guys. 👊

My wife is a firm believer of the following: If you want butter, use butter. If you want vegetables, eat a salad.

Well, this is Vermont, and there is only one correct answer. Cabot Creamery Co-op is religion up here, for good reason.

1620317287979.png

1620317472620.png

It's something unsalted. I think Kerrygold. And another brand... that's for cooking and baking. Then we've got country crock fake butter for putting on food and stuff.

Real, unsalted butter. Next question.

I have only real butter and some country crock I sometimes put on bread.

Real butter, which frankly I hate. Even though it’s kept in a dish out of the fridge, everytime I try and spread it on bread it just rips the freaking bread!!!! The US needs to get behind margarine!!!

Kerrygold for foods and everyday use.
Kirkland for keto cookies and fatbombs

Our go-to is grass-fed butter, Kerrygold or Finlandia, with Cabot as a backup. There has never been any margarine in our home in our entire married life.

KerryGold …..is there any other?

While I am still very much into plain old butter..

I love this stuff and make sure we always have some. It is great on toast or whenever you want to spread butter on something.

1620320443340.png

I'm an animal... I just buy tubs of this stuff:

images (8).jpeg

Salted or unsalted, but real butter, yo!

Back