What's your "go to" yardage?

I feel far more comfortable 100-110 than 70-85. Always try being just over 100 for approach shot

Anything inside of 150 I’m comfortable with.... get closer to 125 and my confidence is higher

Maybe not the smartest, but I try to get as close as possible. To me a short chip is still the best play, but anything around a 100 is good too.

For me it is either 65yds or 130yds. I feel good with a 58 or PW in my hands.

LOL, it usually ends up being whatever the yardage is, I've never really played to a go to yardage, my bad. :rolleyes:

80-100 yards is my ideal.

90 - 105 so I can put a full swing on a 58 or 54 degree wedge.

I like almost anything from 115 down to 70.

140 yards out is my 8 iron in most situations, and I feel really comfortable with that club in my hand. I've been working a lot on my wedge game, so trying to get more accurate from 100 yards and in is my goal for 2020. I feel like I still try to just get it on, instead of get it really close.

110 ideally but anything from 100-120 I'm ok with

based on my reaction to seeing 130-135 in the range finder, i'd say there...

I've been working more on my course management this past season trying to hit to a yardage if I can (mostly on par 5s). I try to get myself to right at 100 yards, which is my full swing 54*,

How about you, what's the shot that is ideal for you to attack a pin?

I love the 100yard shot as well.

Truthfully, I actually have a different mindset when it comes to getting a yardage. I’m picking a club where I have the best chance of hitting the fairway. Whether that puts me at 130 or 65 yards, I just want to be hitting off the short stuff.

I'll try to hit to the flattest landing area on a layup more than choose the yardage that I leave myself.

I'm more conservative on the tee than on the fairway.

If I don't see wide open spaces from the tee box, I tend to go to my driving iron.

Hitting at greens from the fairway, I'm the opposite--too optimistic--lots of bunkers and short-sided lobs.

I like a good full 53-wedge at 110-112 yards; unless green conditions call for a different shot, it's just a fire-at-the pin situation knowing that a good shot will set up a short birdie putt.

80-85 yards or 135 yards.

I like to have options

I'm comfortable anywhere between 70-135 yds.

I usually play to about 125 yards if I'm laying up. But I'm not 100% confident of anything outside of 1 yard.

Either 85 or 105. If we are on a long hole, 130-150 would work too.

I like anything 100-150. The closer in, the more trouble I get myself into with my horrendous chipping.

My full shot distances are approximately 9i - 132y, PW - 118y, GW - 100, and SW 85. Since my clubs are all the same length from 9i to LW, I'll take something in that 85 to 130 range any day over a 40y shot.

100-105. Full swing 54 degree. Have more control and confidence with this shot than any other.

1 foot from the pin - that way I can take my three-putt and get out of there.

More seriously, if I am laying up I want 70 yards (56 degree wedge), 110 yards (pitching wedge), or if I can't get that close, 150 yards (smooth 7 iron).

Back