What's your low rent guilty pleasures

I was going to say hotdogs too, but the hot dogs I eat sure aren't cheap. But they are damn good!

Throw a frw slices of thinly sliced ham in a frying pan with a little bbq. Then eat it on a hamburger bun. I could eat it everyday and not complain.

Smoked Sausages and Zatarain's Jambalaya rice

Ramen Noodles with Cheese (very tricky to get just right and not burn cheese to the saucepan, but I could do it perfectly fully lit at 2AM after getting home from a long night out

Dino chicken nuggets with a sauce 2 parts Mayo and 1 part yellow mustard

Bologna, American cheese, and Saltines (Redneck Charcuterie)

A lot of name brands in the low rent thread. :unsure:

tuna or chicken noodle casserole! Staple of my "husky" phase of childhood lol

Ramen Noodles
PB with lettuce on fresh bread
soft boiled eggs in a bowl with torn up toast

Spam
Velveeta (the big block kind)
Easy Cheese for something higher dollar
Banquet pot pies were a staple too but I lean Marie Callendars more now for the better microwave cook.

I love this, mine is Ramen. I absolutely love it. I’ll add some Japanese bbq sauce and cilantro and a egg to jazz it up

Tater Tot Casserole
Meatloaf

I remember working at Six Flags Astroworld when I was in high school. This Chris Rock stand up bit played 2-3 times an hour on the TVs in the queue. Of course it was cleaned up but this thread reminded me of that.

Totinos frozen pizza
Yep. In college I would fancy them up by adding some pepperoni, feta cheese, and cracked pepper.

Toss up between a Pot Noodle and Super Noodles.

Spam.. although these days it’s actually too expensive

Beef Pasta Hamburger Helper

Cheez Whiz broiled on buns, and then dipped in soup.

Weiners and Beans.

Instant ramen
Spam

Those were some staples in the house growing up. Still love eating both.

Grilled cheese Sandwiches are still a staple at our house. Right now I’m eating Kirkland semi-sweet chocolate chips out of the bag.

This was like gourmet eating in my 20s. I still get it from time to time.

1710803308490.png

Salisbury steaks are good, bean and cheese tacos, spaghetti

Canned chili beans and some over easy eggs with some tortillas to clean it all up with..... cheap, easy, and 🔥

-Ramen noodle sandwiches (chicken flavor ramen, prepared, drained. Slice of American cheese. Slice of white bread rolled hot dog style)

-Mac and cheese with rotel

-imitation crab

Back