What's your ultimate golf goal?

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
We all have the golf fantasy of making the PGA Tour. However, let's put that aside and discuss what our potentially realistic golf goals are.

For myself, I would like to be a golfer that shoots in the 70's frequently. I'd like to have some rounds around even par once or twice. I'd like to play in some of my state's bigger amateur tournaments, just for the fun of it.

I think that dream might be achievable. Sure, it's quite a ways from where I am now, but it might just be possible for me to get there. In my case, the biggest question would be whether there's time to get there before my age starts my game declining.

What about you? What are the realistic goals you'd like to achieve?

To play consistently good golf right up until the day I leave this earth. So besides having a consistent golf swing, but take care of myself physically, making sure I take the proper steps to make sure I can do everything I am doing now - 35-40 years from now.

Get to scratch. That is my ultimate goal.

Play in the Granddaddy

hole-in-one (obv) - i think this is doable eventually

maybe get to sub-5? i don't know what that would really prove though....i don't have many goals that i haven't already accomplished and for the first time in a looooooooong time i am content with my game.

i've played in a few tournaments and i just don't enjoy them. i guess i'm just not wired that way. i'd much rather just go out and play for beers or a few bucks with friends.

To enjoy myself with friends!

Grandaddy!

Have fun

sub 10 index

Current goal is to break 80 and consistently shoot in the lows 80's, avoiding those blow up rounds.

I think a realistic ultimate goal for myself is to get sub 10 in terms of HCP.

Another is to win a local tournament and I have taken the first step towards that this week in joining a club so that I can get an official HCP.

Have Fun

10 HDCP

Get back down to scratch or better. I was a +0.7 at my very best. Otherwise, keep enjoying the game (even when practicing) and have fun getting out with good friends, enjoy the courses and play in occasional tournaments/events.

To not be the worst golfer in my foursome. Numerically? I'd like to be able to score consistently in the mid-80's.

To have an unconscious swing would be wonderful..

Agree with several previous posts.
1.) Grandaddy
2.) Scratch player
3.) HIO
4.) Play Augusta

String 18 decent holes together.

I'm hoping to get back to a +3 again when I retire. I also have a couple dozen bucket list courses to play in different parts of the world.

Current goal to get to 5 and long term have a chance to try and qualify for senior us open

To play consistently good golf right up until the day I leave this earth. So besides having a consistent golf swing, but take care of myself physically, making sure I take the proper steps to make sure I can do everything I am doing now - 35-40 years from now.

I couldn't have said it better. I just want to e consistent each and every time out. Play smart and protect my body so I can do this for years to come.

Right now I have 2. I'd like to get the handicap to below 8. I've been close during a couple stretches where I have played well for a while and then have always moved in the other direction.

The other is to shoot par on 9 holes. I've been +1 a couple of times so I think it is a plausible goal if I can ever put it all together.

I couldn't have said it better. I just want to e consistent each and every time out.

Unfortunately, I think that goal would be up there with "play on the PGA Tour."

Pros win one week and then miss the cut the next. They win four times in a year and then can't crack the top 20 for the entire year the next year. If they can't do it, what chance do we have?

If we shoot 85, is there really something "wrong" if we put up a 92 the next time out?

Single digit handicap.
Play TPC Sawgrass.

Consistency which would include a repeatable swing that I can trust and not lose at a moments notice.

A HIO is a goal, not a deal breaker or something I'll regret didn't happen if it doesn't. I really and truly just want to play golf for a long, long time. Nice courses will happen, good times will be had will friends, and scores will be what they will be. I want years, plain and simple.

Shoot a round in the 60s
Play as many Top Courses as I can
Win My Club Championship

Back