When Does Your Season Start?

Mine never ends! Bwaaaa hahaha! :act-up: No seriously, as long as there isn't snow on the ground and it's above 25 - 30*, I'm on the course. May not play worth a hoot in the cold ... but hey ... I'm still playing.

June or July, after all the snow melts.

It's generally late March or early April when we start getting weather that it's comfortable to be in. I've golfed as early as March 5.

The road goes on forever, and the season never ends ...

(apologies to Mr Keen)

I know much of the country is under snow, so my question is when does your season legitimately start? For us in FL, the season starts opposite of everybody else.

JB, By "legitimately start" I presume you are asking when the official season is for handicap? In BC, Canada, it runs for rounds played here March 1 through Nov 15, though individual clubs are allowed to request delay due to course conditions. Travellers/snowbirds are of course expected to post if playing in an area that still has an active season.

In Vancouver being close to the 49th parallel and by the ocean we often can play (somewhat) all year round if one doesn't mind rain and sometimes frost delays etc. This year has however broken records for rain since the beginning of October and in the last couple of weeks some record low temps and some snow dumps.

Back to your post....am I reading that FL has a non-posting season? I've never golfed there, but I would have thought it was the same as Cali and Hawaii, all year round, where I do get to golf at times.

I play year round. The official handicap season is March to November, I think.

Usually mid-late march for me. Hdcp season is mid march

Technically speaking I believe SC's HC season is all year round so our season never really closes. I play in every month of the year and I post whatever scores I am able to.

When Does Your Season Start?

It never ends! Hopefully April 1st i'll be back out on the green stuff

Hopefully in march. Last year I was outside hitting in February but that was probly not the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year was March 12 in MN. More likely to be April 12 this coming year unless I squeeze in some play around work travel in IA or IL.

As early as possible depending on weather. That is typically hoping for mid to late March, but it sometimes stays cold into April.

This is what we have also!

Usually April for most of the people around here. Ill play as long as its above 40

Depends, I'd say sometime in April is when the courses start to open. Obviously its weather dependent here in CT.

"Wherever you live, unless it's San Diego, there are three months a year when you don't go outside."

First time out this year was April 6. The last courses closed early December. Pretty typical, although last year one course closed between Christmas and New Year's. That's unusual.

Realistically mid-April to mid-November here. And I'm using a sim league to work on my full swing in the winter.

Got 1 February round in last year but it's usually not til April or May. Might get a late March round in some years.

I have played the last 2 days...temps in the 40's today it will be in the 60's

But real season probably starts in March

I'd say legitimately in my area it's around march/april.

I'm sorry there is no start or nor end of the season for us.

Goes year 'round! The inland courses get pretty cold (I played in low 30's this past weekend), but if you get near the ocean it tends to stay a bit more temperate. Fortunately my inland house is 20 minutes from the ocean. And handicaps don't take a break either.

It varies from year to year. I've been out as early as just before St Patrick's Day and as late as just before Memorial Day. Usually somewhere in between is a good bet.

The active season up here as defined by the MGA starts April 1, and that's pretty much about right. If we don't have much snow the golf can start being OK in about mid-march, but usually you have to go down towards the Cape/RI for that.

Back