When Does Your Season Start?

February 17 2017 at the Kickoff Classic presented by Snell Golf and The Hackers Paradise. Oh Yeah!!!!

Virginia is hit and miss. I generally play all year unless we get the occasional snowfall. The official season probably would be considered early March.

It never ends for me in south GA so I guess it never really starts either.

While I play year round, I don't really consider it golf season until mid-march.

Playing golf outdoors should start in mid to late March depending on the amount of snow we have around here. But I will start earlier then that depending the cold to hit in heated bays and there will be a lesson or two this winter to keep things going.

Last 2 years the course has been open in February, which has been awesome. Hoping for the same this year!

Usually around the beginning of March to middle of March. However we play anytime as long as the greens aren't covered ( diamond zoysia greens ) or its just too cold. But officially things get ramped up when the course starts to green up around late April to beginning of May.

Depends on the cold but I usually start ranging it in late March-early April. I have a rule of not playing until I've hit the range 10 times

Never really stops here. Our club stops sat comps for a month over Christmas/ New Year and then start again in Jan, but the course is open all year and we can play when ever.

Probably around March, It's funny how I used to play in the 30s and now 50 is cold lol.

I'll say April, only because my schedule in March really prevents me from doing any more than going to the range a few times.

Whenever the courses open up is when I get out to play. If most of the snow is gone and the weather is above freezing, I'll get out to play. That usually happens in early March for me, but sometimes if we get a warm streak the courses open and I'll jump out for an offseason round

There are a few courses around me that will stay open year round as long as there's no snow they'll let you play. Generally though it's late March, early April.

I don't know how you guys up north can deal with golf seasons, I would lose my mind if I couldn't play year round...

Hoping to tee it up mid March depending on weather. If not April.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Our handicap season starts March 1 so that means that my season starts a week or two ahead of that. It's a wet muddy battle though until June/July.

Mine never really ends. We just don't play as much this time of year. I'll start playing a lot more around the March-April time frame, but I'll still play in the winter. Just have to be a little picky on the days since I won't play when it's real cold outside.

There is no "season" in North Texas. Scores are accepted for handicap year 'round. One can't play every day over the winter or maybe not every week eve, but there sure are some nice days for golf every month!

If it's a mild winter and not a lot of snow, then a few of the courses around me open in early March. Most of the courses are open by the end of March or first of April on lots of temp greens.

March usually. Sometimes winter hangs on and it doesn't work, and sometimes its 50+ degrees throughout most of March.

~Rock

That's tough. In previous years, i've actually tee'd it up right around christmas. I have a feeling this coming season, like most will be somewhere around March 15th or so... Any earlier and it's a bonus. This year first time out i had so many layers on it was difficult to swing. Spending time on the sim and lessons helps.

Played every month this year so far, if weather treats us good we can play year round other wise usually Jan and Feb are only months we can't play.

I play as much as possible during the winter months, but it's all up to the vagaries of weather.

I think my official start of my season coincides with the change back to Daylight Savings Time (in 2017 it's March 12th). Once that happens I can play and practice after work, weather permitting.

Back