When to show up pre-Tee time

NewGlfr

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there an agreed upon time frame to show up before your Tee time?

I'm ever the early bird and generally show up about 30 minutes before to just relax and take my time. I'm also the type that is never late.

How far in advance do you show up? Does it ever get dicey in your group because one guy is either always right on time or late? How do you deal with this? How do courses handle this?

I'm ever the early bird and generally show up about 30 minutes before to just relax and take my time. I'm also the type that is never late.

How far in advance do you show up? Does it ever get dicey in your group because one guy is either always right on time or late? How do you deal with this? How do courses handle this?

I get to the course an hour or more before my tee time. Even though I shouldn't I use the time to work on my short game and putting. It is really my only prActice time during the week.

As for other members of my group as long as they are ready to go to the 1st tee at our starting time they can go straight from car to tee box. Their arrival time doesn't matter to me.

Depends. If the course has a range, and the teetime isn't too early, I'll show up 45 minutes early and his a small bucket. If not, I'm usually 20 minutes early, and chip and putt around until it's time to tee off.

I try to get to the course 30-45 minutes before my tee time.
That gives me a chance to stretch a little more and hit a small bucket of balls beforehand.

I do have one guy that is almost always showing up either right at the tee time or at most, 5 minutes before.
Most of the time he gets no warm up at all. He just pays his greens fee and heads to the first tee.

If there is one thing I hate, it's waiting on someone on the first tee. Especially when you know way in advance of the tee time. I've had to wait 30 minutes on a few people once, it was frustrating.

I will typically arrive 30-45 minutes to putt and get loose.

Usually an hour before it if i can

I'm never there more than 30 minutes early at most. I like to hit balls for about 10 minutes, and putt for 5, and I'm good to go. We don't have people late very often, but if we do, we usually just let the group who is supposed to go after us go before us.

Im bad about having to be there early and most of the time its hurry and wait for me. But I cant stand being late and rushing and having that feeling of being rushed then I cant concentrate or settle down.

When it comes to the course....all courses are different. It depends on how "formal" they do tee times. Some courses are tee time Nazi's and some are come as you go we'll figure it out from there.

I try to get there at least 30 minutes early to get at the very least some putting practice in. Usually it's more like 45 minutes.

I always seem to be rushing for just a regular teetime (unless it's for an outing) and show up 15-30 minutes prior and sometimes I cut it even closer.

I aim for 20-30 minutes before a scheduled T-time. If there is a range and I plan on hitting a few before the round, then I try to get there 45 minutes before hand.

When I play a random quick 9 in the morning (Like I did today), I just head out to the course and walk on, but I am only by myself when I do that and I had no t-time scheduled.

I'd say I shoot to get there around 10-15 minutes before. I don't tend to warm up and only hit a few putts before playing. The courses I typically play it seems to be fine.

Definitely an early person, an hour to an hour and a half before I tee off. I have my stretch routine which takes about 5 minutes then I head straight to the chipping area and spend a good amount of time there, then head to the range. Then I'll go inside the bar to cool down in the AC before heading to the putting green before I tee off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to be rushed to the tee so I usually try for an hour before tee time. Enough time to hit some balls if I want, stretch, putt a little, relax etc

Generally speaking, I'm there at least 30 minutes prior to tee time. If there's a range I'll generally stretch that to 45 minutes so that I can hit a small bucket before hand.

One guy that I play with on occasion, is consistently late/showing up at exactly our tee time. I generally give the group behind us jumping in front, but from there he catches up on whatever hole we're on. Last few times it's been hole 3 that he shows up and jumps out of the cart to the tee box. Frustrating to say the least.

If there is one thing I hate, it's waiting on someone on the first tee. Especially when you know way in advance of the tee time. I've had to wait 30 minutes on a few people once, it was frustrating.

I will typically arrive 30-45 minutes to putt and get loose.

tee time is a tee time, in tournaments they shouldve been assessed a 2 stroke penalty

I don't think there is any pre determined amount of time you should be there. To each his own, some guys like to warm up, others like to walk right up to the tee. Me personally it can be anywhere from 30 mins to an hour early just depends. I don't spend a lot of time on the range typically or even the putting green for a casual round.

tee time is a tee time, in tournaments they shouldve been addressed a 2 stroke penalty

Yeah, it wasn't a tournament or anything luckily. It was just a time we agreed upon and they weren't there.

I always show up 1/2 hour before our scheduled tee time simply because it takes some time to pay and then get the cart and load up our clubs and get into our golf shoes. Then I get on the practice putting green to get a feel for the speed of the greens for about 5 minutes before doing a few stretches and practice swings before teeing off.

casual playing i dont remember the last time i had an actual tee time, i show up hit balls and just go

tournament, an hour at least, hit a large bucket, chip a little, putt a little and go

i have to hit a large bucket to feel nice and loose, usually when i play 18 i feel good going to the back nine, like the large bucket and front nine was warmup..

then there are days i just go and play without hitting any balls and do good, i think its because i didnt sit around and mess with every shot on the range..

mind games combined with funny game = poor outing

Depends on the course and if I plan on hitting a few balls and chipping and putting before hand, if that is the case around 45 min to an hour early. If i am just going to show up and go straight to the tee will still show up 20-30 min before the tee time.

I like to show up around 30 - 45 minutes to hit balls, stretch, putt a bit, etc. But that rarely happens these days for one reason or another. Most of the time it's jump out of the car, put the bag on the cart & off to the first tee. My body is getting too old to do that anymore. No problem when I was younger but this old body needs warm up time!

I used to play with a guy in my regular Sunday foursome with my father back in the day that would constantly show up right at the tee time. Jump out of his car & we would be standing on the 1st tee, he would jump right in, no warm up ... Boom right down the middle of the fairway every time. Used to get annoying but he was my dad's friend, so I didn't let it bother me.

During the week, usually 30 mins before we are set to tee off.

Weekends, usually 1 hour before hand. I want to get setup, stretched out, relaxed, and then tee off.

I usually try to get there about 45 minutes before tee time. I like to hit enough balls to get loose then move on to chipping and putting before hitting the 1st tee.

10-15 minutes early. Golf takes enough of my family time as it is. I normally don't warm up so I go straight to the tee after checking in

Back