• right side of tee box

Votes: 50 50.5%
  • just kinda center somewhere

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • more information is needed

Votes: 28 28.3%

• Total voters
Theres two ways of playing this , for me

1/ Launch a higher lofted hybrid at the fat of the green forget the flag and let it drop onto green or

2/ High lofted club over the tree that’s left , and short of the slope of various vegetation and grass etc, it then opens the green angle for something more pin friendly second shot , assuming both shots are successful , a simple put for a par without any , damage done

The key is knowing which holes are risk and reward , sometimes best to take the zero damage, mark the card and make our way to the next tee. Or watch our mates perform miracle recoveries lol but not ……

I am playing this from the left side of the tee box. My stock safety shot is a push draw which would fit nicely here.

just right of center, and play to the left of green with a little fade but a straight ball won't hurt me.

Right half of the tee box and aim for the middle of the green - if it fades I should be fine, if it draws then at worst I am chipping if it misses the green

Depends on your predominant swing and the swing you have brought to the course on the day. A right hander that tends to slice, should line up on the left hand side of the tee box aiming at the left side of the fairway. By doing this, you allow for the slice and if you hit a straight one, you find the fairway.

I'm teeing it right in the centre and going straight at it. I'm not good enough to shape shots on demand, so going at the heart of the green.

Depends on your predominant swing and the swing you have brought to the course on the day. A right hander that tends to slice, should line up on the left hand side of the tee box aiming at the left side of the fairway. By doing this, you allow for the slice and if you hit a straight one, you find the fairway.
I would never advise someone who slices the ball to set up on the left side of a tee - all it takes is a single tree on the left and you immediately limit your options for where you can aim

If they set up on the right side of the tee, they have a much wider window to aim at, and depending on the amount of curvature, a ball starting from the right side that is aimed diagnonally across at the left side has a bigger landing area than one that has to start straight along the left side

A ball that moves 30yds from left to right has a much better chance of hitting the fairway when you start on the right side and aim at the left side than it does starting on the left and aiming straight along that edge

It depends on the wind and pin placement.
But for the most part I would probably be on the right side of the tee box and aiming for the middle to left half of the green.

Looking at that hole, I'm teeing up in the flattest spot I can find with gras on it. If it's a nice tee box, I'm probably teeing up around center-ish and trying to take a straight shot at it. If the pins in the back right I'm still hitting to the center and hoping I can clean it up with my putter.

Depends on the shot shape I decide to hit

Reading through this thread gave me a real Captain Obvious moment. Everyone is playing it to avoid their typical misses for their selected or only consistent shot shape. Hey, I might not be that far off from learning course management!

Left side, aim for the bunker and draw it into the green.

As a lefty, assuming it’s <180 yards, I would probably go to the right side of the tee box and aim at the middle of the green. My miss is a right hook but by going to the right side and essentially aiming left I can hit that shot and still be in play

Right side of the tee box, aiming at the left half of the green.

Which way it will curve, nobody knows.

really depends on the pin position and the wind. Pin on the big fat part to the left then I'm setting up middle of the box, aiming at the middle and (at 165) hitting either a 7 or 8 depending on wind and hoping for a little draw. Pin in the back right (hoping I read correctly that that's about 180) then I'm setting up in the left side of the box with a 6, aiming at the left side of the green and trying to play a little cut. At least that's how it works out in my head. In reality I probably hit it fat because I've planned too much and leaving it 30 yds short of the green so neither hazard is really a problem, chip on and 3 put for my double and off to the next hole!

really depends on the pin position and the wind. Pin on the big fat part to the left then I'm setting up middle of the box, aiming at the middle and (at 165) hitting either a 7 or 8 depending on wind and hoping for a little draw. Pin in the back right (hoping I read correctly that that's about 180) then I'm setting up in the left side of the box with a 6, aiming at the left side of the green and trying to play a little cut. At least that's how it works out in my head. In reality I probably hit it fat because I've planned too much and leaving it 30 yds short of the green so neither hazard is really a problem, chip on and 3 put for my double and off to the next hole!
You brought up a good point regarding planning and execution.

Sometimes we focus so much on the planning that we don't transition or shortchange the execution. If you aren't used to planning out a shot such as we've done in this thread, it's easy to forget to switch your focus to execution, or hurry it because of the time you put into planning the shot. The routine that has helped me is to plan the shot I want to hit, then step in just with the ball just beyond my reach and rehearse a swing or two, then immediately step in and replicate the rehearsal shot.

Notice I used the phrase rehearse a swing and not take a practice swing. I think practice swing has lost its meaning as I see golfers taking a couple of 'swings' that aren't anywhere close to what they need to do when the moment of truth comes. So, I use the word rehearsal to help remind people what those swings are supposed to be all about.

typically 165 or so. 180ish from back tees.

At 165 to 180 I am not worried about the water. I would be targeting the middle of the green. My miss with irons tends to be left so I would likely tee it up on the left side of the tee box and aim for the middle of the green.

It's really pretty crazy all the different setups and plans on a relatively simple par 3.

Right side of the tee box, then either a straight shot or a baby cut depending on hole location.

I'll try to get some more pictures and angles of the hole when I'm out there later this week to see if any opinions change.

Left side of the tee box.

Quick pic from ground level behind tees last night before dinner.

20211103_174839~2.jpg

More info pls. Where's the pin? Wind?... Various factors affect where I place my little Evolve Golf epoch tee lol

Back