Which Ball Would You Play?

Ball 1. Don’t need any extra spin.

Ball 2. 5100 seems low with a 7i unless you had some awesome peak height to let it stop a little better.

I'll take ball 1 for the consistent results--and practice with it 'til it's at my total command. With such low standard deviations, it wouldn't take much work to figure out exactly how to play it.

No 2, even that I don't want a 7i rolling out over 10 yards.

Ball #1, I need the distance.

Ball 1 for me. Distance and lower spin is ok for me

With ball 1, forget about the distance, the tight dispersion and consistent distance should have me pin high. Apex and descent angles appear similar but would be nice to know what that angle actually is.

I'll take the spin. I am always looking for around 200 rpm per degree of loft, so 600o RPM would be your standard 30* "players distance" iron.
Any less spin and sure, you may get a couple more yards. Till a tailwind knocks it down well short of the target. Or a really high apex with the higher launch. Sucks in a cross wind. Old school spin it to win it.

Ball #2

Major dispersion differences is not really a ball thing. Probably driven by a few outlier swings

The extra spin is good. 5100 rpm is too low for a 7 iron. Take it from someone like me who is way too low spin.

The extra spin even with a 5yd distance loss is too good to pass up, and you are plenty long so you don't need those 5 yds.

given its 7i I'm going bottom ball #2.... stick it on the green and keep it there

No 2, even that I don't want a 7i rolling out over 10 yards.
Completely calculated by device. Roll out is virtually meaningless

Ball #2. Have to go with the higher spin

Ball speed and spin for me. Give me 2

It’s a funny if these numbers were listed for driver, nobody would want the spin. There is always correlation in spin across clubs

It’s a funny if these numbers were listed for driver, nobody would want the spin. There is always correlation in spin across clubs

5000rpm with a 7 iron is very low. This would be the equivalent of like 1900rpm with driver with a 105mph swing speed. More spin is likely good in this case with either club

I say that because i am a ridiculously low spin player. My driver and iron choices both focused on more spin even though i have a decent SS

I want 2500rpm with driver over 2100. Sometimes that is the correct choice.

Normally I’m choosing the most spin I can get. But that dispersion circle looks tasty. I’d course test both but the blue circle which looks like ball #1 is getting first shot. If I have to choose blind that’s what I’d go with.

How many swings on each? Because the ball speed deviation is awesome. That leads me to choose ball 1.

Ball 1. I tend to benefit from lower spin since I could spin a ping pong ball 10,000 RPM.

How many swings on each? Because the ball speed deviation is awesome. That leads me to choose ball 1.

Can you explain what you mean by this? The deviation is lower , but his ball speed is also lower with ball 1

So yes his range is tighter, but the average is also lower.

So i'm just trying to understand what you mean (honest question, not being a jerk i promise!)

5000rpm with a 7 iron is very low. This would be the equivalent of like 1900rpm with driver with a 105mph swing speed. More spin is likely good in this case with either club

I say that because i am a ridiculously low spin player. My driver and iron choices both focused on more spin even though i have a decent SS

I want 2500rpm with driver over 2100. Sometimes that is the correct choice.
Debatable based on clubs being used

Debatable based on clubs being used

If the 7 iron is very strong lofted, then i would be willing to change my opinion sure

Can you explain what you mean by this? The deviation is lower , but his ball speed is also lower with ball 1

So yes his range is tighter, but the average is also lower.

So i'm just trying to understand what you mean (honest question, not being a jerk i promise!)
Ball speeed deviation is lower. But higher launch. Is much more consistent. And carry is longer.

So that’s the blue one. We don’t get to see landing angle. So I’ll take consistency in carry with higher launch that just spin every time.

Back