Which club would you join?

Pristine conditions, can always play solo, bring guests, or be corgile to get through rounds. I would rather have great conditions than poor conditions any day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pristine conditions, can always play solo, bring guests, or be corgile to get through rounds. I would rather have great conditions than poor conditions any day.

Let's just say it's a stuffy club like Bushwood where they don't allow singles and you can't bring a guest more than 2x a month?

Let's just say it's a stuffy club like Bushwood where they don't allow singles and you can't bring a guest more than 2x a month?
I can always put up with anyone for a round of golf. I can go full mute or be Al Czervik......either way its still golf.

I would take the nice course. There has to be a few good members or play alone.

I'd go with pristine.

You can always play alone or bring guests.

And as others have said---there are always at least a few members you'll meet and click with.

Also, in my experience, the pro shop staff are pretty astute in pairing people together so the fit is positive (if you ask).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Really depends on the difference in money to me. I have only 2 choices where I live and they basically mimic what is in the OP, although I would not call the public course a goat track (average conditions, challenging layout, tough greens due to all the undulations). I opted for the public course because it is significantly less expensive on a yearly basis.

2nd club for sure of those 2 options. The people make the experience

I would take the first course and the good conditions. There has to be a few people at that club that aren't Richards...

I can always put up with anyone for a round of golf. I can go full mute or be Al Czervik......either way its still golf.

true true, I mean you got stuck with me! :banghead:

A guilty yet juvenile pleasure of mine is to give it back to horrible people whenever the opportunity arises. I won't bite my tongue so most quickly learn to steer clear. Usually takes people by surprise because I make it a point to be very nice and polite to everyone but I simply cannot suffer fools once they expose themselves and I won't tolerate their rudeness.

You'd be amazed that once a jerk fears that you'll call him out for unacceptable behavior, and therefore embarrass him, how nice he'll become to you.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't pick the pleasure of being out with great people on a goat track, but if the snobby course was that nice I wouldn't discount it either.

But like others have intimated, there's good people everywhere even amid what seems to be a culture of terrible people.

I’d join the nice course. Day in and out I want to play golf to challenge myself and better my game. When it’s time to socialize you can invite a guest or play down the road with your buddies. For me personally, 4 years ago I joined the nicest club in a couple county radius. I’m not old blood and found myself on the outside of a bunch of cliques, but the golf was tremendous. Conditions on course and at our practice facilities are always top notch. For the first few years I almost exclusively played as a single. It was strange because I came from a public course with a $600 yearly greens fee membership. I loved the staff and had a ton of playing partners but the course was always trash. They’d pull flags and water jugs early, golfers would trash the course and it was not rare to lose grass on tee and putting surfaces. After a while the conditions got to me and my family was also at a point where a pool, workout room and other amenities would be a bonus. I’ve now been at the nice CC long enough to have met a ton of people. I never have trouble finding quality playing partners and many have become friends that I think I’ll have for a lifetime.

I wish there was a good option in my area, unfortunately there are only two private courses and neither is worth what they are asking for an non home owner.

Most of the private courses I’ve been a member at only allow about 6 rounds per year for each guest and no more than once per month.

GOAT track. Love me a great track probably not get bored of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not joining a goat track. I would definitely take a course in a little worse shape for better membership, but I would continue playing public before I joined a course in bad shape.

Nicer course for sure. I have been down that road, and you don't want the goat track, it cause nothing but frustration.

Nicer course 100%.

Goat tracks have their place for sure, but to actually join one is something I'd never do.

There have to be some good people at course 1. When I joined a club as a single, the starter hooked me up with a good group within two weeks.

I don't think that I would join a goat track. There are enough of those around that I could make groups with friends at fairly reasonable times for normal rates.

Tough call. Assuming you're asking about yourself, I'd say go with the better golf course, provided costs are similar. With your personality and presence the fun people at the snobby course will find you in no time.

Second track. If I join a club it’s as much as playing golf as it is being social. I would hate a club where members were not social or stuck on themselves.

Pristine all day, I can handle not perfect condition but not a goat track. Plus can just bring out my mates to play with. Also don't have to like someone to beat their A$$.

Option 1

The membership can turnover quicker than the course improves. Until then I can bring guests that I like to play with.

If the course is a goat track I wouldn’t even join. I can find public courses like that.

I can enjoy a round most anywhere if the course is in good or better shape. I have played many goat tracks and have no desire to play them again.

Back