Which dispersion circle would you choose?

Which driver would you pick?

• White

• Yellow

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yellow.

I'd give up 10-15 yards every time if I was going to be guaranteed to be on the short grass.

I voted yellow based on the initial look at dispersion. Looking at the numbers, the low yellow spin and slightly higher spin on the white made me rethink until I saw the spin +\-. The only real difference is the one outlier to the right that likely had extra spin. Take that out, and the dispersion snd numbers are likely pretty similar.

I’m taking white, spin on yellow is too low and I bet will show up in more shots.

Yellow for me. It’s closer to the center line.

Now time to go read the spoilers…

I would go yellow easily. Short stuff is easier to play from plus one yard won't make a difference.

1800 spin…. Hmmm… good luck with that on a golf course. Probably ok into a 40mph head wind or if you are at 185mph ball speed or above.

And if that is a pure strike….then gooooood luck with even a minor miss hit.

1700 spin…. Hmmm… good luck with that on a golf course. Probably ok into a 40mph head wind or if you are at 185mph ball speed or above.

And if that is a pure strike….then gooooood luck with even a minor miss hit.
At that launch, it’ll play.

Yep. Give me yellow all day

This is where visuals can lead people astray.

It's really easy to say yellow. It's smaller. Obvious. 17.4 and 1868 does NOT play for me in real golf though. You know, the non-monitor kind. 15.8 and 2200 is a lot closer to what will actually work for me on a course, and avoid catastrophic misses. I'd have to go watch the whole video to see the individual shots and strikes to know how I'd evaluate it for me. Where the strikes were that created the numbers. I'm all about efficiency and dispersion, but the averages on the yellow are nearly disqualifying for me. And nowhere near what anyone would actually recommend.
Totally agree with all of this. Both of these were with the stock shafts. Also emphasizes the need for fittings! The point was more about how if I gave you those circles, which would you choose without knowing what club it was and emphasizing how with the current tech, the focus should be more about consistency than distance!

On pures strikes maybe. Even a slight toe or heel shot and that dives fast.

Watch the video. It shows all of his strike locations

Eh. I think you’d be surprised, I say that having played those numbers for a season with the EXS Pro.

I’m taking white, spin on yellow is too low and I bet will show up in more shots.
I should also note that the longest ball with the Stealth (white) had a spin of sub 1500 rpms.

I agree. I need accuracy off the tee and this is good to see. I was curious about the Stealth but now I want to test out the Rogue even more!

100%. I keep seeing stuff like this and I'm itching to go demo the Rogue. I'll happily play whichever driver keeps me in the fairway and the Rogue is sounding like a contender!

It's like a 150 feet in the air!! Good luck with that. We have Callaway people on thp interviews and their own production videos saying that's nowhere near what people should be striving for. If anyone thinks in even variable conditions with slight misses they'll stay as tight as those calculated dispersion numbers on an actual golf course, I have a house I'm willing to bet. We could use a summer home.

The consistency appears to be slightly better with the Rogue for him. I'm not arguing that. And it may be more forgiving.

This responses have been fascinating in this thread based on the information given though.

Last edited:
Yellow is the obvious answer if you’re looking for dispersion. However, I like where the spin is at on white.

is this done with the same shaft?
These were done with the stock options for both the Rogue ST (Tensei White) and the Stealth Plus (Kai’li White). It’s nice cause the video shows the Trackman data on all 10 shots for each clubs. The spin of the Rogue ST was between 1700-2200 and the Stealth Plus ranged from 1480 to 2700. I had to watch the video again to see if there was any really low spinners with the Rogue and they were very consistent despite him saying he didn’t strike them all week (doesn’t show strike locations)

you asked for dispersion. and the answer is obvious, it’s yellow.

but i think the question is insufficient to suss out the full answer. because there’s a lot about those yellow numbers i do not like. that is NOT meant to be disparaging about the yellow driver. it’s just saying that in the hands of that golfer, it’s not a combination i would want to see him play.

It's like a 150 feet in the air!! Good luck with that. We have Callaway people on thp interviews and their own production videos saying that's nowhere near what people should be striving for. If anyone thinks in even variable conditions with slight misses they'll stay as tight as those calculated dispersion numbers on an actual golf course, I have a house I'm willing to bet. We could use a summer home.

The consistency appears to be slightly better with the Rogue for him. I'm not arguing that. And it may be more forgiving.

This responses have been fascinating in this thread based on the information given though.
All I can speak on is I’ve actually played a driver at that for a season. In Oklahoma. In the wind. Sooooooo…..

Apologies for sharing my real world experience though. ;):LOL:

Did I claim it perfect? No. Did I say it could play. Yea.

Numbers can always be better, that’s the funny think about numbers.

All I can speak on is I’ve actually played a driver at that for a season. In Oklahoma. In the wind. Sooooooo…..

Apologies for sharing my real world experience though. ;):LOL:
All experiences are valid, but you didn't drop them in that circle. And the people that made the clubs are on record saying you shouldn't expect to. When it comes to playable driver numbers, specifically spin, so are you. Recently.

These were done with the stock options for both the Rogue ST (Tensei White) and the Stealth Plus (Kai’li White). It’s nice cause the video shows the Trackman data on all 10 shots for each clubs. The spin of the Rogue ST was between 1700-2200 and the Stealth Plus ranged from 1480 to 2700. I had to watch the video again to see if there was any really low spinners with the Rogue and they were very consistent despite him saying he didn’t strike them all week (doesn’t show strike locations)

Whoa…big spread on the Taylormade spin range. Maybe the shaft was a really bad fit or something. Interesting.

Whoa…big spread on the Taylormade spin range. Maybe the shaft was a really bad fit or something. Interesting.
Shaft wouldn’t cause that.
It could cause impact miss, but shaft makeup alone won’t cause massive fluctuations

you asked for dispersion. and the answer is obvious, it’s yellow.

but i think the question is insufficient to suss out the full answer. because there’s a lot about those yellow numbers i do not like. that is NOT meant to be disparaging about the yellow driver. it’s just saying that in the hands of that golfer, it’s not a combination i would want to see him play.
His AOA was almost +8°. For him, these numbers aren’t that far off from ideal. Hitting that much up on the ball makes it harder to get a lower launch and higher spin that we typically look for. For my AOA of +3, that could be dangerous, but that’s why we all have different needs

The thing that surprised me was that the shots that missed well left with the Stealth had spin numbers around 2400, which I would’ve expected to have held their line better

His AOA was almost +8°. For him, these numbers aren’t that far off from ideal. Hitting that much up on the ball makes it harder to get a lower launch and higher spin that we typically look for. For my AOA of +3, that could be dangerous, but that’s why we all have different needs

all the more reason he should seek more spin. with aoa that positive, small amounts of spin axis tilt without the spin to stabilize flight will lead to some big misses.

thomas says often he likes hitting bombs. he wants the low spin drivers so he can hit it farther. fine if that’s his personal choice. as a fitter, i sure as hell hope he isn’t pushing that message on paying customers.

I watched that video weeks ago when it first came out. The reviewer states that he felt the Tensei white in the rogue was a better fit for him than the Kaili. It would be great if he re-tested with same shaft in each one, or his gamer shaft.

Back